Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Promo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Promo 70 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 13, 2014 12:14pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Nemsis, IMO, should just be removed from the game. I don't feel like she has a niche, she is annoying, but the most ridiculous thing about her is her ultimate. It is the single, only ultimate in the game which you cannot avoid. I don't mean things like Sprint or Beads, I mean actually avoiding the ultimate hit itself. Even World Weaver could be body blocked or Aegised. divine retribution cannot be.

Nemesis has been a train wreck since day one... Warrior my buttox. I agree her old kit should go in the garbage can and should be completely redone.

Hirez very simply done ****ed up and doesn't want to admit it
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 13, 2014 12:41pm | Report
I feel like I belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread because I feel like the only one who likes nemesis. With her squishiness there's counterplay against her now, but she's still fun to play as.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 13, 2014 12:42pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I feel like I belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread because I feel like the only one who likes nemesis. With her squishiness there's counterplay against her now, but she's still fun to play as.

I think she's fine :3

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » July 13, 2014 2:11pm | Report
She's not completely broken, but she could use a few tweaks.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 13, 2014 8:11pm | Report

I am in.

But I think that it would be more effective if we focused on one god at a time.

Pretty much.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 13, 2014 8:25pm | Report
IMO Nemesis needs a change.

Passive is fine. You gain more from it when facing stronger opponents; that is perfectly acceptable both lore and gameplay-wise.

Her dash is also fine. High mobility, no CC, and possiblity for insane juking shenanigans. My only complaint is how she can't do anything else but dash again for the duration; being able to recast it once for free, a la Shackles, would have been nice.

Her Slice and Dice is just...acceptable, but barely. It's damage is certainly subpar, but the CC is not, so I'm not really sure how to feel about this.

Her shield is mixed. The bonus health is something out of a warrior's kit, yet she's been officially swapped to an assassin...I'd prefer the old shield, TBH. The bonus health does have it's uses, but I just prefer the old one.

Her ultimate is just the biggest design flaw ******** in the game. The entire point of playing Nemesis is this skill. The very problem is in it's "ult to win" nature AND it's inability to be avoided.

It gives enormous stress on the player. It's literally the easiest ult to use in the game, and it does so much, but if you die or screw it up somehow you feel like ****.

If you do kill with it, the fact that it's unavoidable and the only counterplay where both of you live is Sprint 2, makes the vic also feel incredibly frusterated. And if you do buy Sprint 2, the Nemesis feels incredibly helpless and frusterated as well!

This skill has no positive outcomes, because inevitably someone feels like smashing the keyboard. There are no neutral or less positive/negative outcomes, like slowing with Pos's ult or weakening someone with a Ra ult; you either completely fail or totally succeed, and to add insult to injury, it's incredibly simple to accomplish both.

tl;dr version: It's not a fun ability.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 14, 2014 9:23am | Report
Ao Kuang/God with Ao's kit.
    * Tornadoes deals too much damage mid/late game, resulting in any squishy's health just being obliterated if they so much as step a pinky toe into it.

Guan Yu
    * The mana costs of his abilities are ridiculous, leaving him one of the most mana starved Warriors in the game including Herc and Odin.
    * His clear is among the worst, as he is reliant on Taolou Assault, which just does not deal enough damage early or mid game to let him keep up with most of his opponents.
    * His heal is also bad, and needs to be buffed in a way that it is worth the risk of building it up.
    * His AA chain is also ridiculously slow.
    * His old ultimate was better.
    * Due to his reliance on his abilities, I feel a good idea would be to turn him back into a Magical God, which should theoretically be a good buff to him due to magical abilities scaling better and would give us another Magical Bruiser like Hades or Ares.

Mercury
    * His burst and boxing power is far too strong even for Assassins.

Odin
    * Along with Guan Yu he has some pretty hefty mana costs.
    * His boxing power has been significantly decreased.
    * His clear and damage on abilities is alright at best.
    * His ultimate is now even more of a hindrance.
    * With his extra passives gone a lot of his survivability and damage has taken a huge hit.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » July 14, 2014 9:30am | Report
I want one god changed urgently;

THANATOS.

This god has been the only god that has caused me to ragequit in over a year. He is stupid. Completely and utterly. But the worst part is how much he realistically falls off. Here are some changes;

Passive: Heal only applies to minions. CDR removed. All abilities other than ult cost 10% health. No mana bar on thanatos.

Scent of death: Now gives pen/attack speed.

Soul Reap: Post hit delay restored., damage reduced.

Hovering death: No longer stuns targets.

Death scythe: Heal removed, slow removed, post hit delay restored. Now deals 400 dmg at max rank +10% of a god's health. If the damage exceeds 500, the target is stunned for 1.2s

Allow me to explain. Thanatos deals ******ed early damage and can survive far too much, and even has incredible initiation up to about the 20 min mark. These changes allow thanatos to become more usable in lategame, since he has a silence and the potential to stun with his 1 if he builds damage, as well as his 2 making him a boxing champion. The lack of a mana bar will give him an advantage and will add in the skill factor to playing him once more.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mekali » July 14, 2014 9:37am | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

I want one god changed urgently;

THANATOS.

This god has been the only god that has caused me to ragequit in over a year. He is stupid. Completely and utterly. But the worst part is how much he realistically falls off. Here are some changes;

Passive: Heal only applies to minions. CDR removed. All abilities other than ult cost 10% health. No mana bar on thanatos.

Scent of death: Now gives pen/attack speed.

Soul Reap: Post hit delay restored., damage reduced.

Hovering death: No longer stuns targets.

Death scythe: Heal removed, slow removed, post hit delay restored. Now deals 400 dmg at max rank +10% of a god's health. If the damage exceeds 500, the target is stunned for 1.2s

Allow me to explain. Thanatos deals ******ed early damage and can survive far too much, and even has incredible initiation up to about the 20 min mark. These changes allow thanatos to become more usable in lategame, since he has a silence and the potential to stun with his 1 if he builds damage, as well as his 2 making him a boxing champion. The lack of a mana bar will give him an advantage and will add in the skill factor to playing him once more.

No way man! Thanatos can easily be shutdown and needs a bit of skill to succesfully dodge his Hovering Death, i'm a Thanatos player too, i don't see his opiness, but some mages will have a hardtime countering him and may ragequit anymin, i remember Drybear ragequit from Thanatos when he was doing a Scylla stream.

EDIT: I kinda agree reducing his damage from his Soul Reap, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. Have you tried playing Thanatos?
"The Ravenous Demon Hunter"
"Siganature Made By me"

Mekali

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 9:42am | Report
Mekali wrote:

No way man! Thanatos can easily be shutdown and needs a bit of skill to succesfully dodge his Hovering Death, i'm a Thanatos player too, i don't see his opiness, but some mages will have a hardtime countering him and may ragequit anymin, i remember Drybear ragequit from Thanatos when he was doing a Scylla stream.

EDIT: I kinda agree reducing his damage from his Soul Reap, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. Have you tried playing Thanatos?

Yeah I also think Thanatos is fine. He's pretty easy to deal with. Like Mekali said, try to play him and see what you think.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }