Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Balancing Discussion: The Promo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Balancing Discussion: The Promo 70 posts - page 7 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 18, 2014 1:11am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

Ah, I see.

Well then:

* Guan Yu
    * Odin
    * Arachne
    * Anubis

Does not fulfill role particularly well: Ares.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 18, 2014 1:12am | Report
I'm gonna have a hard time trying to type arguments on my phone....

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 18, 2014 1:47am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

I'm gonna have a hard time trying to type arguments on my phone....

Scrub, not like you have any valid arguments anyways ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 18, 2014 2:05am | Report

Scrub, not like you have any valid arguments anyways ;)

LOL

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 18, 2014 2:17am | Report
Ok, I'll toss my two cents in.

Rework

Arachne. Not buff, not change, rework. WAY too tied to ultimate, more than any other god in the game, even more than Ares or Agni. Unless they're just going to modify something like putting a cripple back on her web, she needs a rework.

Buffs

Guan Yu. Can't waveclear anymore without spending half his kit to do so, making it impossible to lane. In teamfights he's now exceptionally average.

Freya. Odd, and may get flak, but she was exceptionally tied to Polynomicon. The nerfs to it are ruining her. Not needing extreme buffs, just a couple to offset it.

Chronos. See above.

Nu Wa. Just an overall meh character - she brings very little to a teamfight outside of a wtf surprise with her stealth. But in all, her damage is average, her passives are mediocre, and she just doesn't create as much pressure as other gods, even with her tower stun capabilities.

Odin. Warrior nerfs ruined him.

Zeus. As crazy as it is, he's done without that stun. The slow is simply not enough to survive, especially not against someone like Serqet.

Ne Zha. His passive is so ridiculously bad on an assassin, despite its aid in the jungle.

Ares. He might need a rework. I don't know what to do with him though. Maybe tone down his damage, give his fire a slow, so he's got better utility as a tank.

Hades. Sub is gonna hate me for this but he needs a cripple on his ultimate. It's simply WAY to easy to avoid otherwise, with 95% of gods having some form of escape.

Nerfs

Serqet. Obvious is obvious. They're buffing her. HiRez pls.

Scylla. I hate to say it but her burst is stupid. I find her in a very good place but I know others don't, so a simple numbers nerf should suffice.

Athena. Under the radar but she brings too much to the table.

Apollo. High risk high reward, but needs changes to prevent how severe his snowball potential is.

Rama. He's so underwhelming but he's still such a threat. I think his roll is what needs the nerf, surprisingly.

Ra. Always been a ridiculous champion who fits in every comp and will always be useful. I think he needs less base stats and the same scaling.

Agni. Still such a ridiculous mid pick because of his pressure. I don't think it needs to be substantial, just existent.

Hercules. Why did he get buffed when every warrior was gutted? No idea.

Tweaks

Just going to list the gods and up or down, these should all be very small.
Poseidon Up
Aphrodite Up
Thanatos Down
Cupid Up
Chang'e Down
Bacchus Up
Anubis Up
Loki Up (carefully)
Ullr Down
AMC down

For items, I have only one suggestion: Nerf Ancile. It's like they ruined warriors and tried to make up for it by bringing this OP as hell item into the game.

I can elaborate on anything if people find things off.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 18, 2014 2:24am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

LOL
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 18, 2014 2:27am | Report

I hate you.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » July 18, 2014 4:19am | Report
I'd be fine with Hades getting a cripple on his ult, but feel that it should only activate after a second so that people have a chance to react.

I think if Freya gets buff then she also need nerfs to balance her out. As it is now she can easily burst down most gods either ranged or in melee due to her steroids, and as said before her ult is basically an "I win" ability.

I don't know how Zeus can be buffed without bring him back up top again. Maybe a silence with a reduced slow instead of the stun?

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joysie » July 20, 2014 1:31am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Nemsis, IMO, should just be removed from the game. I don't feel like she has a niche, she is annoying, but the most ridiculous thing about her is her ultimate. It is the single, only ultimate in the game which you cannot avoid. I don't mean things like Sprint or Beads, I mean actually avoiding the ultimate hit itself. Even World Weaver could be body blocked or Aegised. divine retribution cannot be.

I agree, remove her.. not just because she doesn't fit in game play, but because her concept as a whole is pretty all over the place, they've kind-of pulled parts of her description & look from other Greek & Roman goddesses... she's the goddess of vengeance... not justice (why the scales?) also she shouldn't be blindfolded.. pretty sure that's crazy stolen by another notable Greek figure... (mother to Nike?? I'm pretty sure.. )

<3 Joysie

Joysie

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joysie » July 20, 2014 1:35am | Report

My bad I meant to put Cupid on the "Gods I think should be changed in some meager way(s), but not fully reworked:" list. I don't want to fix it though since it would make you people look like you're blind :P

Poseidon was me being dumb.

I main Rama and I can say that he is definitely OP, mainly the range of his ultimate and the slow on Astral Strike.

I hate everything about Nemesis. Its like Hi-rez came up with 4 skills that are very powerful on there own and then decided to slap them on to a single god and say "Meh, we can balance it later". Not to mention her appearance. I mean come on! She looks like a cosplayer!

Every thing else I stand by.

OMG best description ever!!!
I thought I was the only one who thought that!! (her sword & back "thing" ... "wings?" look like they'd be impractical & made of colourful plastic)

<3 Joysie

Joysie

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }