Chaac is still going strong (and possibly even stronger!) In this wonderful Season 5. There have been a number of changes to his build order, but his play-style stays relatively the same. And without further ado, let us delve into the pros and cons.
Pros and Cons
Strong Early Game
Exceptional Lane Bully
Strong Presence in other lanes
Good Burst Damage
Can be useless if enemy has a lot of AoE damage
Kinda slow, and can be even slower
Relies mostly on abilites
Items - Core
Will be the Go To for Chaac
. Why not Warrior's Blessing
? Because Mage's Blessing
gives us +25 ability damage, MP5, and the evolved version gives +10% Cooldown. The 40+ HP will be overshadowed by Chaac's Rain Dance
, and it requires you to damage the enemy God every 10s to maximize it's use. In our case, the best defense is a good offense. A fast clear will let your minions punish the enemy.
First buy? WHAT
? Given the nature of Season 5, boots are not such a good first investment. The minions are far too tanky, and backing to fountain to complete boots is a terrible idea, given the increased size of the map. You won't need the extra movement speed, and if the enemy Solo rotates early, warn your team and continue farming. The enemy solo will feel that mistake later. With Mage's Blessing
and Shifter's Shield
your clear will be very fast.
Breastplate of Valor
will be your third item. This will give you the much needed Mana, MP5, and Cooldown Reduction you need to spam your abilities. Now you should be clearing minions almost instantly, taking mana camp very quickly, and having enough power and defense to punish your enemies. *NOTE
* If your enemy is a magical God, use Genji's Guard
Items - Late Game (Last Buy)
Shield of Regrowth
will give you a huge boost in HP, good HP5 and MP5, and Cooldown %. Also, it's passive will allow you to traverse more ground quickly, giving you the edge in jumping team fights, ganking, and chasing.
Mantle of Discord
is always a good pick. With it's heavy physical and magical protections, Cooldown %, and passive, it will allow you to jump more confidently into team fights. Spirit Robe
is a great alternative against CC heavy teams.
is usually a good pick, especially if the enemy has two or more tanky opponent's. If you find your issue to be with the enemy healing/regenaration, opt for Brawler's Beat Stick
, or if the enemy is mostly squishy, you can experiment with the new The Crusher
The last two items can be swapped. If the enemy team is tankier, build Penetration 1st. If the enemy is more Damage focused, opt for the defensive item.
First 5 Minutes
- After buying your starter items, head straight to solo lane.
- It would be wise to assess who your opponent and their Jungler are.
- Remember, Chaac is a heavy hitter and a bully. Try to pressure your opponent beyond the halfway mark, but be cautious that the enemy Jungler does not gank you.
- When the minions arrive, try to land your Axe so that it hits all enemy minions. This is critical to a fast clear.
- If you clear first, or if you think you have time, request your jungler assist you with mana camp, if they are not doing so already.
- Get back in your lane and maintain pressure.
- Constantly watch your enemy Solo.
- If they happen to rotate, let your Jungler know and have them handle it. Take this opportunity to push your minions or get your camp.
- Don't try to steal the enemy camp. If you run into them AND their jungler, you will probably die.
- When you have exhausted your HP/Mana, return to fountain.
- Immediately purchase 2 Wards.
- ONLY AFTER you have purchased the wards (YOU MUST BUY WARDS!), spend the rest of your gold.
- Return with your teleport glyph.
- When you get the opportunity, place wards near the red dots as shown on the map. This will ensure you are aware of the enemy.
- Continue to clear minions, mana camp, and if possible, xp camps.
- Once you complete boots, start rotating with enemy Solo.
- Aim to get to level 20 ASAP. If you can be 2+ levels above everyone, you can sway the game in your favor.
- If you are ahead, try to gank or bully enemy Mid lane, but don't let your lane get overrun.
- Your main focus is to slowly whittle away enemy towers, deny enemies gold, and staying ahead. Don't get crazy for kills.
- Use your ultimate wisely. A Chaac ult should be for silencing enemies so that your team can kill them or escape. Only use it to execute if you can guarantee the kill.
That is it for my Chaac Guide today. I hope you enjoyed the read. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment. Let me know how this build works for you! And remember, no single build is THE BUILD. Don't be afraid to experiment, customize, and make it your own!
Have a great day!