Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Question of Morality

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Question of Morality 14 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Would it be justified to salt at others if 3 teammates feed and you get 22//11/14?
Yes. There's something wrong on their side
No, you have no reason to be angry.
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Infernohunter » October 1, 2017 2:28am | Report
Smite would be more fun if people took it seriously.
Orangeface Poopyhead say Make America Great Again.

Infernohunter

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 1, 2017 2:35am | Report
If I did that well on my team and the rest fed like crazy, I might be a bit annoyed, but I've been the one to feed before, and it has nothing to do with my effort, so I also have sympathy for them (unless they're being jerks). So I opt for a 3rd option, "Eh, it's a game, and I'll pat myself on the back for doing so well especially since the other team was fed."
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » October 1, 2017 2:39am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

If I did that well on my team and the rest fed like crazy, I might be a bit annoyed, but I've been the one to feed before, and it has nothing to do with my effort, so I also have sympathy for them (unless they're being jerks). So I opt for a 3rd option, "Eh, it's a game, and I'll pat myself on the back for doing so well especially since the other team was fed."

100% agree with you here. If the feed was on purpose, then of course I'll be mad.

Depending on how bad the other team mates do, I may or may not be salty. Like for example, if a team mate clearly could help out, but isn't helping out, I'd point this out. If this is a recurring issue, then I'd get a little mad. But otherwise it's just a game at the end of the day.

Sometimes when I play with Bran, I BM slightly at other people, but I keep it in our voice chat where others can't hear it.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » October 1, 2017 4:15am | Report
Smite would be more fun if people took it seriously.

I'd say it's quite the contrary. Yes, there's time where you have to be a bit serious to achieve a victory, but generally speaking, I think a lot of players take this and other games way too seriously.

So serious in fact, that a single misstep will have your team rage at you, regardless whether you can help it or not.

An example would be of myself just yesterday. I multi-queued Conquest, Clash and Assault. Thought "Screw it, let fate decide, you know, for funzies." I ended up being thrown in a Conquest match against players who knew exactly what they were doing. Me, on the other hand, hadn't played Conquest in about half a year. Hoping the game was a bit forgiving in matchmaking, it was not, I had an incredibly rough time in said game. Worst of all, I ended up in what might be the hardest role in S4: Jungle (I picked Susano after that). Right from the get-go, I had no idea what I was doing. I wanted to start in solo lane when suddenly my mid-laner, Zhong Kui, started spamming me with VGS "Attack Middle lane". Low on behold, I got my backside over to the middle lane, only to end up facing 3 enemies with our Zhong Kui. (2v3) I barely made it out alive, and ontop of that, the ZK made me tank the minion damage, even though I was nearly dead. It only got worse after that. My enemy jungler, Kali, quickly overthrew me, invading and stealing my buffs, taking nearly every camp before I could even get there. Needless to say, I got underleveled (A LOT, I was only level 14 at the 30 minute mark...), and ended up feeding... badly.

Was this my fault? On one hand, maybe, but on the other, not at all. After such a long time not playing Conquest, the circumstances I got put in didn't exactly line up in my favor, so I couldn't really help it. That didn't stop my ZK from getting mad at me and spamming me with the infamous sarcastic "You Rock!" every now and then.

So, no, people should become less serious about the game, at least in casuals. If you're in Ranked or even Pro-League whatever, then by all means, be as serious as you need to be, but overall, people are just way too serious in this game, which is really unfortunate. A lot of the time I'm afraid to pick a god I like to play or have a high mastery on, simply because if I then mess up with said god, my entire team will go berserk on me because "ooh Mastery Rank X Artemis over here got focused and got behind, how is it possible that a M10 Artemis can't Ace the entire game?!" Absolutely horrendous.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » October 1, 2017 7:05am | Report
I used to get super salty at people who played bad when I went well, but then I realized that getting mad will do nothing except make me look like a jerk and possibly cause someone to quit a game thats meant to be enjoyed. Sure winning is awesome, but people have forgotten that in the end its still a game and winning and losing doesnt mean anything because we're not professional players.

Want to go bastet support? Go for it. Have fun

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 1, 2017 11:40am | Report
I only go salty on super heinous misplays or when the team is utterly brainless and has no drive to win; this one time in clash, we went with a 2 guardian (one of them was me) 1 warrior (my bro) and 2 damage dealers (mage and hunter) comp. The other guardian and the damage dealers did nothing substantial during the game, only hunkering down in right lane clearing waves without the damage dealers rotating to left or contesting the middle camp. With the teammates being that way, even when one of the opponents left and we end up with a 5v4, we still end up losing. It's abso-posi-utter-lutely difficult to just stay calm and not rage at the incompetence, at least for me.

Regarding the poll itself, it depends on the context and what was happening throughout the match, really. Was it a bad matchup? Did we make too many misplays? Did this particular player make too many mistakes? In some cases i feel the need to let these players know about it, usually by typing out the problem in the endgame lobby, but if it's not particularly stupid i let it slide.

All in all, games are about fun and i do try to keep salt levels to a minimum; however, playing a fun game doesn't mean you should take it easy and not give it your best, or throw common sense and fundamentals out the window. You have a responsibility to your teammates to help them achieve victory, and so do they to you.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » October 2, 2017 11:56am | Report
Why is it called salt, anyway? Because it raises your blood pressure and leaves a bad taste in your mouth?
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » October 2, 2017 12:01pm | Report
You're exactly right Toad.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Authorize » October 2, 2017 11:20pm | Report
Technotoad64 wrote:

Why is it called salt, anyway? Because it raises your blood pressure and leaves a bad taste in your mouth?

Never thought about that... #TheMoreYouKnow

Authorize

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » October 3, 2017 4:19pm | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

So serious in fact, that a single misstep will have your team rage at you, regardless whether you can help it or not.

The thing with that is that ine misstep can ruin the game for the other 4 players. Its probably smites biggest flaw in that the burden of knowledge in conquest is too high and too heavily weighted in the early game.

You can singlehandedly lose the game for you team before 5 minutes as any role but especially as the jungler. And with most games dragging out for around 40+ minutes thats terrible.

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }