Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Freya thoughts, builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Freya thoughts, builds 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by The Tick » April 4, 2013 6:52pm | Report
Possible damage, health build for Freya.? I've been playing a while now and have used the items build:
-boots of magi
-fatalis
-book of thoth
-ethereal staff
-gem of isolation
-obsidian shard
in that order. I seem to be doing good damage and the speed helps with escapeability. I'll usually buy heavenly agility and purification beads during the match too. During arena matches or Domination matches i'll swap out the boots with boots of celerity.

Anyway thanks for reading, thoughts?

The Tick

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 4, 2013 7:01pm | Report
Possibly adding demonic grip would help? Seems like a lot of people do use demonic grip.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 4, 2013 7:59pm | Report
Ethereal Staff is not something that I would normally see on her. What are your reasons for wanting to build it?

Like Raging said, Demonic Grip is possibly one of the best items that you can use on Freya, since most of her kit revolves on basic attacks.

Y U NO use Rod of Tahuti? That is AP central, and should definitely be in your build. I would say swap it out for Book of Thoth, although Obsidian Shard and Gem of Isolation are also great items on her.

Fatalis... yes and no. I have been using it when I play Freya, but I'm looking for an alternate. I build it first so that I can burst enemies down, and it is rather effective. However, it hurts late game. Freya is rather tough to build on since she's SO VERSATILE.

The build isn't bad. Some items, however, would fit better.

Edit: I forgot to welcome you to the SmiteFire forums! As such... welcome.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by The Tick » April 5, 2013 12:43pm | Report
I mostly use the Staff for health and mana. Late game at 3k health is nice. I recently played an arena subing the Demonic Grip for the Fatalis. Also tried the chronos pendant. I went 22-2-12. A good showing, however, as 1 match it isn't anything to get giddy about. JararoNaysu, I have mixed feeling about the rod. The 25% boost to magical power is great but, I tend to die faster. I'll give your suggestions a try regardless.

The Tick

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXKingofFailXx » April 5, 2013 5:44pm | Report
I've got to agree with JararoNatsu and Ragingstrom Demonic Grip is one of the best penetration items for Freya if you're building her with some physical power.

As for the Ethereal Staff, I personally have never used it but it seems like it can definitely be used in a Freya build. I think I might try that out tonight, quite possibly this entire build.

But comparing your build to one of mine the numbers vary in a few spots like Magic Power, Health, Mana, and Magical Lifesteal. The build you currently have sacrifices a lot of damage in the name of being harder to take down in the sense of more health. If you were to add a Rod of Tahuti in place of either the Ethereal Staff or the Book of Thoth you'd increase your damage output significantly.

As I said, I would love to test out this build in practice and see how it stands up in a real game.
Check out my Freya Guide Here.

xXKingofFailXx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 5, 2013 6:19pm | Report
That's right. You better agree with us.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXKingofFailXx » April 5, 2013 6:59pm | Report
Just got out of a game trying out your build. In my opinion, the Book of Thoth is too slow for Freya's play style. It costs a lot of gold to max out, you have to kill fifty minions to gain it's full effect, and the magic power payout is very small compared to that of Rod of Tahuti. With that said, replacing Book of Thoth with Rod of Tahuti gives you the same amount of health as you would with keeping it but you have about 40 more magic power with the Rod. The Ethereal Staff is definitely a good item to try out and is something I might incorporate into my build because of the magic power increase.

Other than that! It's a good build :D

xXKingofFailXx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 5, 2013 7:23pm | Report
I've actually just put together a Freya build and am testing it out now. It goes as follows:

1. Boots of Celerity Insane movement speed and a cooldown reduction
2. Demonic Grip Look at everything I said above.
3. Void Stone Magical Protection plus the passive for up-close battles
4. Bancroft's Talon the lifesteal, plus the passive work great for her. 100 AP is nice too.
5. Rod of Tahuti What AP wouldn't build this? 125 AP, plus SUPER AP boost with the passive.
6. Spear of the Magus passive blends excellently with Demonic Grip, plus the penetration is nice too.

Someone give it a try. I intend on updating my guide for her with this build (as well as working on the guide in general)

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xXKingofFailXx » April 5, 2013 7:30pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

I've actually just put together a Freya build and am testing it out now. It goes as follows:

1. Boots of Celerity Insane movement speed and a cooldown reduction
2. Demonic Grip Look at everything I said above.
3. Void Stone Magical Protection plus the passive for up-close battles
4. Bancroft's Talon the lifesteal, plus the passive work great for her. 100 AP is nice too.
5. Rod of Tahuti What AP wouldn't build this? 125 AP, plus SUPER AP boost with the passive.
6. Spear of the Magus passive blends excellently with Demonic Grip, plus the penetration is nice too.

Someone give it a try. I intend on updating my guide for her with this build (as well as working on the guide in general)

I'll give it a shot!

xXKingofFailXx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 5, 2013 7:36pm | Report
I thank your face.

If it works for you, as it has for me, I'll update my Freya build with it. I shall continue tests.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }