Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Idea: SmiteFire Tier Lists

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Idea: SmiteFire Tier Lists 17 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Do you think Tier Lists could be a valuable addition to the site?
Yes
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 25, 2018 9:48pm | Report
In MOBAs like Smite, characters in the game are commonly ranked on a tier list. Depending on certain patches, item changes, etc., different gods have a tendency to drop in and out of the meta.

For SmiteFire, I think it would be cool if we had a community tier list that we all could discuss and have input on. I feel this would be a helpful resource for many players and even increase this site's audience, as many people search for Smite tier lists.

I would be happy to start this thread, but I feel that my time spent on Smite can vary from week to week, so there is a possibility that it may not be updated with each patch note (but would be better than nothing).

Also, I think it would be cool if SmiteFire had a tier list maker for members to use to create their own tier lists. I know this would be difficult to implement, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 25, 2018 10:24pm | Report
I like the community tier list kinda like mobo, that'd be pretty cool! But I don't think individual tier lists would be the best idea. Tier lists in general are extremely subjective and really don't matter that much until high levels of competitive play unless a god is utterly OP/garbajo.

Just think a lot of tier lists that would make no sense whatsoever would pop up, which already kinda/kinda not happens with guides. But good guides are harder to make, while a good tier list might look identical to a bad one.

I'm just not a tier list guy :/. Am kinda fan of community tier list though, it's kinda like a demographic of the site.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 26, 2018 2:48am | Report
I would love a way to easily make tier lists maybe make it possible to add a tier list to guides etc
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » March 26, 2018 5:47am | Report
That'd be good. Specially because of this...
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 26, 2018 7:07am | Report
If I was a random viewer on smitefire, What would make me interested in a community tier list here over what say DMbrandon or Weaken would create?

I'm not opposed to this idea, i just wanna hear what you guys have to say.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 26, 2018 8:40am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

If I was a random viewer on smitefire, What would make me interested in a community tier list here over what say DMbrandon or Weaken would create?

That is definitely true. I fear it will be tons of stupid lists made by trolls. But it would be a nice addition for guides etc. but then again someone could just make a dope template that (hint hint).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 26, 2018 10:10am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

I feel like a community tier list would actually have an advantage over these people if done correctly.

For one thing, these people do not keep updated tier lists. Rather, they release them sporadically whenever they have the time. SmiteFire has several active members that would be able to contribute and keep our tierlist up to date for the most part.

***I just looked this up using your examples. dmbrandon's most recent tier list was 2 months ago, while Weak3n's was 4 months ago...

Additionally, these people are just one person. They most likely haven't experimented with every single god in the game during the current meta. With a community tierlist, that combined experience could arguably be more valuable than a single person's opinions and speculations of how a god might rank.

Finally, I haven't always agreed with tier lists done by Smite pros. Recently, I saw a high rank player put Arachne as a below average god, I believe in B Tier. I disagree with this, especially when we look at the numbers. Currently, Arachne has the second highest win rate in ranked Conquest at 57.17%, and I feel that many others would argue that she deserves to be placed higher. With this idea, it would be a more refined list as people would be able to discuss placements to create a list that is reflective of the community's thoughts as a whole.

So it does have its pluses and minuses, but overall I think it could be a unique and helpful resource.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 26, 2018 11:45am | Report
Problem with a community tier list is due to that subjective nature of tier lists, along with the lower population of this site compared to sites like, say, Reddit. (Cyberhawk took over the community tier list over there, at least for patch 5.2). The nice thing about Reddit is the huge user base, so things can be balanced out pretty well over there. Here, lower #s of votes might lead to some really interesting ratings. Also, with some of the readership here being on console, some gods are naturally stronger vs. on PC, due to aiming/AOE.

I do like to check on tier lists myself here and there (though a lot is due to me looking to link them in the Conquest guide). I wish DM, Incon, and others would provide them more often, and that would be the biggest point regarding what boogie said.

These are all negatives, I know, but would be curious to see how you would see this implemented here, DV-8. I think, if nothing else, it would be a fun endeavor, and if multiple people from SF could provide input on the list, it would make for good conversation, and I'm always down for that.

Individual tier lists would also be cool, if only because it's, again, a fun thing, and since MOBAFire already has that function, it should probably be somewhat easy to port over here. They wouldn't be taken seriously, though.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 26, 2018 12:57pm | Report
I guess I will just make my own tier list for fun. I'll just leave it open for discussion and keep my mind open to the opinions of whoever want to offer them.

That way, it would be influenced by, but not directly reflective of the community's opinions.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » March 26, 2018 1:16pm | Report
Sounds good...let's see how that goes. We'll also see what Wayne says about implementation on SF.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }