Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't publish guide revision

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Can't publish guide revision 40 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 16, 2015 11:15pm | Report
We just tried publishing again and it seems to be showing the right date this time, and it shows 9/11 at the top like you mentioned.

If your publishing still fails when you try jot down the exact time / date (and give us your time zone) and we'll try to find the error in the logs, because we're not finding anything that could be causing this so far.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 17, 2015 1:58am | Report
Hi Mowen, looks like it worked... Searching the guide database shows that it was updated yesterday. Logged out, it shows the updated version too. Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Do you know of any other reason why I can't publish from my end? I did full cache wipes, tried different browsers...different computers from different locations. I (obviously) want to be able to publish anytime, without bothering you.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 17, 2015 1:37pm | Report
We could not find any reason why you should not be able to publish. We'd like you to try to publish yourself again, and if it still doesn't work log the exact time you tried to publish (and if possible the exact time that it failed) so we can search through the logs and see if we can find any clues.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 18, 2015 1:12pm | Report
Hi Mowen,

Still can't publish. I actually made some MORE changes, so if you wouldn't mind publishing again, that would be great.

I tried publishing at 1:04pm PDT, and let it go until 1:09. I never get a failure message...I get no feedback whatsoever... =(
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 18, 2015 1:41pm | Report
I've published it!

Could you do us a favor and try publishing your guide in another browser (and if possible another computer) just to rule this out for us? We're still trying to figure out what could possibly be causing the issue but haven't found anything yet.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 20, 2015 11:26pm | Report
Hmmm...I installed FireFox, tried publishing on FireFox, IE, and Chrome (my standard). No go on any of them.

I can and have published my Guan Yu supplemental guide, and my new Loki Arena guide with no problems.

I guess my last shot will be to try on my wife's Macbook...I'll see if I remember to do that later.

If I had a guess, and I don't know how SmiteFire/MOBAFire works, I'm thinking your administrative privileges are maybe allowing you to override whatever is hanging the process up on my end?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 23, 2015 2:49pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

If I had a guess, and I don't know how SmiteFire/MOBAFire works, I'm thinking your administrative privileges are maybe allowing you to override whatever is hanging the process up on my end?

I did consider this but I talked to the devs and we could think of no reason this would be happening.

Let me know if it works on the macbook, and we'll continue from there.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 23, 2015 8:07pm | Report
Hi Mowen,

Alright, tried it on the Mac...no go =( I honestly have no clue why it's not working.

The best things I can hypothesize about are that maybe it doesn't like a specific link, or pic, or YouTube video that I added/changed since the last update. I know I added a Bastet gameplay video, and I think I updated one pic, but that still doesn't make sense.

And my guide is definitely smaller than the last time I was able to publish myself now. I've really cleaned up a lot of the excess.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 24, 2015 1:02pm | Report
Update! So I just made very minor revisions to my Item Builds guide (the other huge guide on the site) and I haven't been able to publish it either. The changes were quite small (changing commentary on Deathbringer to 40% additional crit damage, changing Greater Blink's out of combat time from 3s to 5s). I am still able to publish my other guides and save the items guide, but publishing it doesn't seem to work on Chrome or Firefox (I'll try on my phone in a couple of minutes).

Currently the longest I've waited for it to publish is 10 minutes, but I'll try seeing if it needs more time.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 24, 2015 1:42pm | Report
This may not be the right time/place for it, but what do y'all think about the DB nerf?

Personally, I think that they should be nerfing critters on a case by case basis instead of this incredibly heavy handed change with all the subtlety and grace of a sledgehammer. It's honestly a bit stupid - did Cupid need a nerf? Did Ne Zha need a nerf? Etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }