Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can't publish guide revision

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Can't publish guide revision 40 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 10, 2015 4:27pm | Report
IIRC the issue that was on another site WAS because the whole guide was in one chapter, so if you have one giant chapter that might help.

Things like images / youtube embeds should not affect it.

Still waiting to hear from the dev that would know, hang tight!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 4:48pm | Report
Hi Mowen...my guide has 13 chapters. I ran into that issue when I had 1 chapter and it grew way too large, but when I split it up, it worked...that was a while ago. My guide has grown since then, so I don't think it has to do with individual chapters holding up the process...more like the entire thing altogether is too big...but hope you'll come back with some further info!

Thanks!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 10, 2015 5:52pm | Report
Let us know when you're not working on your guide for a while so we can try to publish it ourselves.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 6:20pm | Report
OK go for it! I won't touch it until you give further word.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 10, 2015 7:21pm | Report
OK, we were able to successfully publish your guide.

Our suggestion is to clear your browser cache and try again. Wait a minute and if you still don't get the successful publish message view your guide (from your guide list, not view guide button) and see if the changes went through anyway. We think it's possible an addon or the like is blocking the message on your side.

Hopefully just clearing your cache / publishing will work. Let us know if you still have trouble!

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 10:51pm | Report
Awesome, thanks Mowen! Weird...I'll try doing that next time I run into the problem. I think I might have actually done that...ran CCleaner a week ago, and I think I had everything cleared. Oh well...if nothing else, I'll have to ask for your services again in the future! hahaha...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 10, 2015 11:07pm | Report
Actually Mowen, if you published the most recent revision, it should have read as updated 9/10...it still shows 8/31. You can also check at the very top of the first chapter, where I detail my revision history...top entry reads the same in the current version I'm trying to publish.

When I check to see if it's been published, I will use an alternate browser where I'm not signed in. That confirms for me whether or not it's actually been made official.

I did clear cache and cookies in Chrome, and it's still not publishing on my side...any other ideas?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 11, 2015 5:05pm | Report
Hi Mowen,

Okay...I'm done revising (again) for now. Date at the top of the first chapter reads 9/11. I think I reduced size by about 5% from when I first started having this problem...probably won't help much, but I still can't publish.

I made a minor change, don't know if it does anything (probably not), but changed my youtube gameplay videos from (brackets)Youtube to (brackets)embed.

If you could try to do so from your end, and check that it actually published the 9/11 revision, it would be greatly appreciated...or just let me know what else I might be able to do.

Sorry to cause so much trouble!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 14, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Hi Mowen,

Any other info? Any luck publishing? After my further revisions, I'm down in character count a bit:

Intro: 8,049
References: 5,843
Overview: 5,238
Actives: 9,581
Assassin: 34,431
Guardian: 27,675
Hunter: 17,048
Mage: 32,894
Warrior: 32,976 (split Guan Yu into his own separate guide)
Tips: 25,857
Random: Deleted
Conclusion: 951

Total: 200,543 (about an 11% drop)

I keep trying to publish...no luck. I can also almost guarantee that this is a lower count than when I last published...so don't know what is wrong.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » September 16, 2015 5:59pm | Report
Sorry for the slow reply Branmuffin, we'll look on getting you sorted out ASAP.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }