Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 14 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 13, 2013 5:09pm | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

Not sure how new Clannad is, but it fits almost all of the things listed in your criteria.

I'm not so sure about the new Clannad. Loved the first one. But I'm not really thinking of watching it.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 13, 2013 7:19pm | Report
Second Clannad is better, in my opinion. Much more heart-wrenching. Anyhow, my suggestion would be Lovely Complex if you enjoy comedies, as it does everything on your list but give you goosebumps.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 13, 2013 8:25pm | Report

Second Clannad is better, in my opinion. Much more heart-wrenching. Anyhow, my suggestion would be Lovely Complex if you enjoy comedies, as it does everything on your list but give you goosebumps.

AS is definitely the superior Clannad.

But the thing is, I tried watching Clannad again, and it made me like it less than I used to, because I realised just how boring it actually is. I know this sounds weird, because I absolutely love Clannad, but it is definitely not rewatchable in my opinion.

For example, at the end of the second episode, the first time I really felt for Tomoya, but the second time around, I cringed at how cliched and cheesy it felt. I won't mention what it is for those few who haven't seen it yet.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 13, 2013 9:00pm | Report
I agree. I don't think I will ever watch the series again, but it will forever be rose-tinted to perfection in my mind.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 14, 2013 12:04am | Report
Guess I'll try Clannad. But tell me. Is there any "Cringe" worthy characters there? As in they added the most corny anime persona there is and maybe made it worse? because if they did... I may not be able to handle it.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 14, 2013 1:04am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Guess I'll try Clannad. But tell me. Is there any "Cringe" worthy characters there? As in they added the most corny anime persona there is and maybe made it worse? because if they did... I may not be able to handle it.

No, not really to be honest.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 14, 2013 5:35am | Report
Today in Hyperdimension Lesbians, I watched an old hag force a teenage girl tied to a pole to deep throat an eggplant.

I wonder what wondrous things will happen in the next episode of Hyperdimension Lesbians.

EDIT: Ok, just finished the next episode of Hyperdimension Lesbians, the gang of teenage girls goes to a R 18+ island that is full of nudists. Then, they try to trick girls into stripping. Also, a girl gets whipped by one of those teenage girls which can transform into a sadist. The victim is so traumatised by this, she turns into a robot and obediently follows the teenage girl's orders without hesitation.

Also, a toddler gets kidnapped.

(I assure you I'm more confused than you are, and no, I'm not even exaggerating)
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 14, 2013 8:46am | Report
Well, I think I'll go ahead and place that anime in the "do not watch" list.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 14, 2013 10:37am | Report
Hmmm. Now I'm curious and scared to watch.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 15, 2013 4:46am | Report
Ok, I finally finished Hyperdimension Lesbians, and allow me to put my 2 cents in.

This show is outrageously far fetched. A world full of teenage girls that rule whole nations and can turn into a fully grown, almost ****ty woman whenever they want to, provided that they have enough support from their nation, if that **** isn't weird, then you probably have seen "Kore wa Zombie desu ka?".

But in all seriousness, this show is just childish. I do not mind that at all, because I see it's real intentions. It's not meant to be a serious series like Clannad, meant to leave an incredibly long lasting impression. It's just meant to be a love-letter of sorts to all the fans of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games. It's meant to be a fun world that's just so outrageous anything can happen really.

Now this is when my opinionated rant starts.

Hyperdimension Neptunia sucks, that is, if you are taking it from a serious standpoint. After I saw some few episodes, I realised that this show just isn't meant to be taken seriously, and after realising so, I found this series so much more enjoyable.

For crying out, the main character's Achilles heel is eggplants, and this weakness is used to a villain's advantage in one episode. Then a character is forcefully tortured by having eggplants shoved down her throats. If you still think this is striving to be the next Clannad, then you seriously are really dim, or you just have matured to the point that you spend all day eating prunes and yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Now, I'm not a fan of the videogame series, in fact, I had never heard of this game before Ragingstorm, Sunfall and two others (which I think was UnknownPandr and JararoNatsu, apologies if I am wrong) came in, Hyperdimension Neptunia avatars blazing, talking about stuff I had never even heard of before. However, the reviews on MAL who are written by people who are fans of the series all loved it. Yes, it is biased, but it definitely shows that the animator's original intentions of just pleasing fans of the videogame was achieved.

Realising this, I found it somewhat enjoyable because of just how downright immature it is (A little behind the scenes, I tend to put a more mature tone online).

Of course, all attempts at serious drama felt like a cliched Saturday morning cartoon, but you'll enjoy it more if you just laugh at how cringe-worthy those parts are (especially the ending).

This is not my recommendation for you to watch it (unlike the Yosuga no Sora rant on page 11, seriously, watch that ****, it's amazing, just toughen up and bear through 9 episodes of boredom and a bit of breastesses, and just marvel at how powerful and amazing the last arc is, but I digress), I just simply want to rant a bit.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }