Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 2 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 2 Guide Contest 135 posts - page 10 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 21, 2015 5:29am | Report
I also have a chance at the raffles

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PharaonFish » February 21, 2015 12:08pm | Report
Awesome! I love it.

PharaonFish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 24, 2015 12:57pm | Report
Well there goes my chance at the assassin category unless more people upvote my guide... I just got hit by a downvote bomb ;-;. Didn't even have the courtesy of telling me what was wrong with my guide so I could fix it.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » February 28, 2015 4:22am | Report
Hey Mods/Devs when I was initially working on my awilix guide I made a number of extra accounts trying to figure something out with the votes/rep systems (A friend of mine said that he couldn't get either to work). Now I'm not sure if the testing I did impacted my guide or any others (As I'm not sure if I even clicked the upvote/downvote button on a live guide as I used it when my guide was under construction and unpublished if I remember correctly) But I did make those accounts, and they're inactive now as I was ignorant in reading the General Rules before I did make them. I just want to put this out there now, rather than it come out in the wash. Perhaps it would be safest to disqualify me from this contest at least? I definitely don't want to be labeled a cheater or have had those few potential votes impact anyone else's chances. But I did upvote a few guides with these accounts if I'm not mistaken... Can't say I can tell you which ones as I don't remember.

Only reason this is coming out now is that I just remembered that I had done it around the time my Awilix guide was released. I'll leave It to your discretion on how you want to act on this but I just want to be honest about it rather than potentially win anything unfairly. I totally understand regardless of what action you take against me as a result as I didn't read the rules and guidelines before making those accounts and that's my fault.

To simplify things I tried to figure out if voting on a guide would remove it's status as a "New Guide" and I fear that I may have actually boosted my own ratings or someone elses ratings (OR Both)

Not like I can say much. But I'd rather be disqualified from this contest entirely, just to be safe.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zzauras » February 28, 2015 9:51pm | Report
Dude no way you giving this for free? is you birtday somfing?
Happy Brithday.

zzauras

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » March 1, 2015 12:43am | Report
Man winning this is going to be difficult indeed. Good luck everyone.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » March 1, 2015 12:45am | Report
Estidien wrote:

Hey Mods/Devs when I was initially working on my awilix guide I made a number of extra accounts trying to figure something out with the votes/rep systems (A friend of mine said that he couldn't get either to work). Now I'm not sure if the testing I did impacted my guide or any others (As I'm not sure if I even clicked the upvote/downvote button on a live guide as I used it when my guide was under construction and unpublished if I remember correctly) But I did make those accounts, and they're inactive now as I was ignorant in reading the General Rules before I did make them. I just want to put this out there now, rather than it come out in the wash. Perhaps it would be safest to disqualify me from this contest at least? I definitely don't want to be labeled a cheater or have had those few potential votes impact anyone else's chances. But I did upvote a few guides with these accounts if I'm not mistaken... Can't say I can tell you which ones as I don't remember.

Only reason this is coming out now is that I just remembered that I had done it around the time my Awilix guide was released. I'll leave It to your discretion on how you want to act on this but I just want to be honest about it rather than potentially win anything unfairly. I totally understand regardless of what action you take against me as a result as I didn't read the rules and guidelines before making those accounts and that's my fault.

To simplify things I tried to figure out if voting on a guide would remove it's status as a "New Guide" and I fear that I may have actually boosted my own ratings or someone elses ratings (OR Both)

Not like I can say much. But I'd rather be disqualified from this contest entirely, just to be safe.

Yeah I'm hoping they can track that. I been using fans on my steam for votes myself. Though making more accounts is unfair to the other challengers.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 1, 2015 1:09am | Report

Yeah I'm hoping they can track that. I been using fans on my steam for votes myself. Though making more accounts is unfair to the other challengers.

Yeah when I did that I don't believe the guide contest was up and running and it was done with harmless intentions. I just don't want to have that on my conscience if I end up winning (which as it stands my Awilix guide is on top right now for the assassin category). So I'd rather them just ignore my guide for at least this contest. as I didn't even write it to win anything in the first place.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 2, 2015 3:26am | Report
then new guide rating will get removed at 5 votes.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 2, 2015 2:05pm | Report
@Estidien I will make a note about the accounts thing, thanks.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }