Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

FENRIR PATCH

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » FENRIR PATCH 59 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » May 1, 2013 8:18pm | Report
Neith's voice pack made me laugh
OMG Athena is going to be in the game *dies*
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 2, 2013 2:03am | Report
I really like this patch overall.
Fenrir looks and plays awesome, the new Ra looks awesome (hope they do Hel or Sun Woukong next), The Surfer He Bo looks neat (Makes me want to play as him) and I have wanted voice commands to be using the gods voice actor for a long time.

PS.
I'm the only one who likes ranked abilities D:

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 2, 2013 4:29am | Report
Okay, my take on the patch.

- Fenrir is quite overpowered in Conquest. His damage output at early levels is insane, and unlike Arachne, he can gank much more aggressively (and effectively) and doesn't suffer a lategame falloff either. I'm predicting nerfs to his 2 and 3 to balance him out.

-Tiered abilities are kind of bothersome, if only because it creates a higher gold ceiling, forcing players to build up more gold to complete their build, and in turn making snowballing carries that much stronger in the end. Again, I am going to suggest increasing the gold spooling to 3g/s, if HiRez really wants to keep abilities like this.

-What the hell happened to announcements? I no longer hear warnings that the towers are under attack or being destroyed, or worse, that an obelisk got taken in Domination. Sure, it might've been mildly annoying to some players, but in a game where your camera is tied to your character, being aware of what's happening elsewhere is very important, and the player cannot always be focused on the minimap either.

-I also noticed there's no longer a yellow message that alerts you to tower aggro either. Hope you like taking lots of tower shots in a teamfight without even realizing it!

-Spectating your friends' games is fun, once you figure out how the spectator controls work.

-New Ra model looks cool, but the splash art on his loading screen looks kinda weird. That face feels off...
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 2, 2013 4:38am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Okay, my take on the patch.

- Fenrir is quite overpowered in Conquest. His damage output at early levels is insane, and unlike Arachne, he can gank much more aggressively (and effectively) and doesn't suffer a lategame falloff either. I'm predicting nerfs to his 2 and 3 to balance him out.

-Tiered abilities are kind of bothersome, if only because it creates a higher gold ceiling, forcing players to build up more gold to complete their build, and in turn making snowballing carries that much stronger in the end. Again, I am going to suggest increasing the gold spooling to 3g/s, if HiRez really wants to keep abilities like this.

-What the hell happened to announcements? I no longer hear warnings that the towers are under attack or being destroyed, or worse, that an obelisk got taken in Domination. Sure, it might've been mildly annoying to some players, but in a game where your camera is tied to your character, being aware of what's happening elsewhere is very important, and the player cannot always be focused on the minimap either.

-I also noticed there's no longer a yellow message that alerts you to tower aggro either. Hope you like taking lots of tower shots in a teamfight without even realizing it!

-Spectating your friends' games is fun, once you figure out how the spectator controls work.

-New Ra model looks cool, but the splash art on his loading screen looks kinda weird. That face feels off...

I agreed he is a bit op, but he is going to get nerfed sooner or later. I forgot about the announcements missing and that's odd because it bothers the hell out of me! (Might just be a glitch when they added voice pack) Hopefully Hi-rez brings it back, or even better add a setting in the options to turn it on or off.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 2, 2013 5:00am | Report
Hotfix patch notes: http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=336&t=109491

Yeah, it turns out the missing announcements are a glitch, and should be fixed now.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » May 2, 2013 6:13am | Report
I disagree on the OP'ness. He is quite squishy if you build damage and doesn't do much damage until late game if built bruiser.

The only thing I think is OP is his ult, which is out right stupid lol

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » May 2, 2013 6:55am | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

The only thing I think is OP is his ult, which is out right stupid lol

...but so much fun!!!! =D

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by jgabrielmrbr » May 2, 2013 7:10am | Report
I think that Hi-Rez should improve the passive skills. They look the same since Poseidon.

@EDIT:

look what i founded on fb:

http://memegenerator.net/instance/37450325 lmao

jgabrielmrbr

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 2, 2013 7:30am | Report
1. In my opinion, Fenrir is squishy unless built right(like bruiser starting like tank)

2.He's ulti isn't strong, but his combo of 2+3 makes him very mobile for ganking and in general a good poker and harasser which can kill with his 2->3->1 combo
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » May 2, 2013 7:45am | Report
Remember, Fenrir technically can harass like Bastet except with smaller range. As his 3 goes in, he can leap out with his 1.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }