Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Marki's short-guide workshop

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Marki's short-guide workshop 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 16, 2017 6:09am | Report

Introduction

My name is Marki and I have been playing Smite since it was in closed beta (which is a stupidly long time). Now a days I do not play as much as I used to because of work and just life in general. But even if my mechanical skills are rusty as hell I still know more than most people about builds and gameplay etc.

I have always liked to make guides, I always found that it was a great way to learn myself and to teach others.

My job has quite a lot of downtime, on a normal day I have about 2 hours to kill. I thought it would be fun to spend that time on something "productive".

What is Marki's short-guide workshop?

As I mentioned I have a lot of downtime when I'm at work where I'm just screwing around on my phone. So one day I got the idea to just make a short guide instead of watching youtube, reading news etc. and I was pretty pleaced by what I was able to accomplice in just a few hours.

So that is when I came up with making this into a thing. I have always likedshort but informative guides that take on one specific god and role, so that is what I will be trying to provide for you throughout this series. I will also mainly aim it towards new players and pretty much just provide a single build with a few situational items and give some few basic tips when it comes to abilities as well as a very short description of what your role will be during early game, in teamfights etc.

So if you ever find yourself in need of a guide on a god just leave a comment here with what god you want me to make a guide on and for what role and what gamemode you want it for.

Or just post a suggestion for fun, to see what I manage to come up with in a few hours.
And yes all guides will be crafted on my phone because Smitefire is blocked at my job.

Guides so far:

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-quick-guide-by-marki-18898
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » November 16, 2017 8:55am | Report
What about Hercules in Solo lane on CQ?

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 16, 2017 12:28pm | Report
overld1 wrote:

What about Hercules in Solo lane on CQ?

I will get right on it (tomorrow when I am at work)!

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » November 16, 2017 1:35pm | Report
Good I suck with him since S3 and I don't really understand how you really play him.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 16, 2017 3:08pm | Report
You should have a themed title for your series now, since you're going to be doing this for multiple gods (eventually). Your "quick guide" should state Arachne's name, IMO...would be helpful.
  • Marki's Quick Takes: (god name)
  • Marki Mumbles: A Quick (god name) Guide
  • A(n) (god name) Moment With Marki

XD
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » November 16, 2017 4:32pm | Report
Good suggestions, Bran... here are mine:

> Marki's Microguides: God
> Marki's Guide Deliveries: God
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 17, 2017 12:14am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

You should have a themed title for your series now, since you're going to be doing this for multiple gods (eventually). Your "quick guide" should state Arachne's name, IMO...would be helpful.
  • Marki's Quick Takes: (god name)
  • Marki Mumbles: A Quick (god name) Guide
  • A(n) (god name) Moment With Marki

XD

Yeah need to come up with a name them, and going tk rename the ara guide.
Just didnt care to try and come up with anything when I made it. It was basically just a joke when I wrote it, but I found out it was pretty fun. :p

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 17, 2017 4:06pm | Report
So I literally spent all my down time at work today just spicing up the Arachne guide and make somewhat of a template for the guides to come. I will try and get the Hercules guide done during the weekend though and I will keep track on how much time I spend on it :P

Let me know what you guys think of the title and layout etc. all feedback is appreciated! :)

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 17, 2017 4:17pm | Report
Here's an idea...maybe after the pic of Arachne, you could do some summarized points. E.g.:

Strongest Stage: Early game. Arachne is as you might know an early game god. Which means that she is strongest early in the game and your goal will be to dominate the early game so hard that your team can close the game mid/late game.

Gameplay Type: Bruiser. Arachne is a pretty squishy god, and her main damage will come from melee range, so you need to build some defense to be able to get into fights and survive long enough to take them down. This will be the focus for your build moving into midgame so that you are able to stay relevant in teamfights.

Main Strengths: 1 v 1, counter-jungling. Arachne is one of the best gods for fighting 1 v 1 in the game, and in the early game there is no one that can deal with her (especially at level 1). She also excels at invading buffs and counter jungling.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HoneyWaffle » November 17, 2017 4:49pm | Report
I usually go for Shield of Regrowth on Hercules for that movement speed to escape

HoneyWaffle

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }