Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME THE BASICS ON PC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH ME THE BASICS ON PC 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 23, 2018 7:20pm | Report
Thanks a lot dor the guides, they might help me put to improve!

As for the questions, well here’s the thing:

I already have the god pack, but I still don’t know how to even traverse the map, so here are my questions..

1. I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but everytime I encountet an enemy god I die. Even on duo or ganking, I’m the first one to die. I’ve tried everything: turning on and off the auto-buy and auto-level up options, buying attack based items, healing items, but apparently it doesn’t work. How can I improve my skill? I really need your help

2. I understand in MOBAS there are toles like mid, adc, lane, support and a lot more I still don’t get to comprehend at all. Could you please explain them to me?

3. Gods. Getting back to roles, it’s pretty clear that some gods might belong to a role, could you please teach me how to identify them so I can use him properly? I mainly use Artemis and Bellona because yhose are the gods with whom I’ve get the most of kills, but I’d like to understand their roles and how to use them properly to benefit my team

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 23, 2018 8:26pm | Report
  1. There is so much variety in this that it'll be very difficult to pinpoint. Could be the other player is just better than you. Could be matchup (their god is stronger than yours at specific things at a specific time). Could be build (sometimes SMITE's auto-buy feature doesn't build what would be considered the most optimal items in a specific sequence. Could be using the right ability at the right time.

A lot of this is just practice...as you get more familiar, your skill should generally improve. Some things you'll just have to figure out on your own.

Would be good to get some examples of how you've built to see what might be going on there.

2. For Conquest, the 5 general roles are ADC + Support (start in Duo lane), Mid, Solo (starts in the opposite lane from Duo), and Jungle (generally wanders all over). My Conquest guide will definitely give you better information there, not only for the gods that work best in those roles, but a bunch of other things as well, such as the quality of gods and why they work there. If you still have questions after looking at the general overviews, be specific and I'll try to answer.

3. Again in the Conquest guide, I list gods that work in those roles under each category. That said, some gods can work in multiple roles (see Sol listed as ADC and Mid, see Sobek listed as Support and Solo).

Artemis is a pure ADC. She is item reliant (as all ADCs are), and has the potential to output a ton of basic attack damage. This is what is usually required of an ADC.

Bellona is most often seen in Solo. She's tanky, has good base damage in her abilities so she can build mostly tanky items, and has good wave clear in her Bludgeon, which is an important aspect of most Solo laners.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 23, 2018 11:09pm | Report
I would play against bots in arena (CO-OP vs. AI) until you have the mechanics down; then I would move on to AI conquest so you can learn the map and rotations.

To get a limited taste of how conquest plays, try either joust or clash because the games are usually quicker and you get more gold. Sure neither are really conquest-lite, but they can give you a feel for an actual game. Whatever you do, do not try ranked until you're very comfortable with your play because most of the really toxic players hang out in ranked and have no compunctions of telling you your play is sub-par.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DanielDan345 » April 24, 2018 9:49am | Report
Very well, that settles it for most of them, but that leads us to my ultimate question:

1. Builds. I have absolutely no idea on how to make a build, or how to even start on making a build. Could you please help me with this?

DanielDan345

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » April 24, 2018 10:06am | Report
Hi Danny. Don't know if you mean a build for a god or a build on this site. I'm going to assume the first in which case, it depends on god and game mode and enemy team. Who are you looking to make a build for?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 24, 2018 11:43am | Report
He's talking in general, I believe.

Most knowledge of builds is just going to require a lot of study and experience. I'll again point you to my Items guide, as some of the early chapters give information on what to consider when you create a build.

The other aspect of this is also very complex...depends on the god and the mode. Here's an example that will show exactly why there's no simple answer, and that you need to put in the time to just keep learning:
  • In Conquest as Bellona, for example, she'll be in Solo usually, and Solo gods are usually built with almost full protections (very little offensive stats such as power and penetration). The Solo lane is, more than any other lane, almost a 1 v 1 match during the early "laning" phase. This means you're going to be battling to out-clear the enemy minions before your enemy so you can "push" your lane and put pressure on the them. Also, you have to think about "sustain," which refers to the ability to regenerate health, mana, or both.

• The solo lane gods have a very close blue buff, which provides that mana sustain. So for a lot of gods, health sustain is the biggest concern.

Some gods have healing in their kits...examples include Bellona via Scourge, Chaac via Rain Dance, Amaterasu via Divine Presence, and Hercules via Mitigate Wounds.

Other ways to provide health sustain are via items... Healing Potion, Chalice of Healing, and the passive from Gladiator's Shield all provide that aspect.

As such, if your god doesn't have healing (or even if they do), a lot of people will choose to get these items either at the start of a match, or in the case of Glad Shield, as an early item.

• Since Solo is mostly a 1 v 1, your first priority is going to be to counter-build the enemy. You'll need to know what type of damage your enemy does, and what items you can use to protect yourself against them.

If they're a Warrior or Assassin, you'll build physical protections fairly early...common early items include Gladiator's Shield, Breastplate of Valor, Mystical Mail, etc. Each of these examples provides a different function, with physical protection as the common theme. Glad Shield provides some CDR, that health sustain previously mentioned, and a bit of power for slightly more damage, while being very cheap so you can get some earlier function out of it. Breastplate provides very high CDR for a lot of ability use

If the enemy is a Mage or Guardian, you'll often want to get magical protection early, such as Genji's Guard, Pestilence, or Void Stone (Void only if you're also a magical god, because it provides magical power, which means it can only be bought by magical gods). Again, each of these items provides something different...Genji's has great mana sustain and CDR for more ability use, Pest has anti-heal so is a good option when facing a magical healer, and Void can work for early aggression (due to the protection reduction) if you're also a magical god.
That is just the start of a build...from there, you'll look for opposite protections, possibly something with health, possibly a balanced protection item, etc., etc. When and where to build, and on which god, really depends on each situation. And as you've seen, there are a LOT of items.

So, unfortunately, it's something that you just need to accept that there's a learning curve. Keep asking questions, try for something very specfic, and we can point out things to think about.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }