Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for a mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for a mentor 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Luclicane » December 12, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Hello Everyone! I started playing Smite about a week or so ago, currently level 10. Ive gotten yelled at a few times (someone saying I stole their CS?) but Im trying my best to do whatever I can and do what Im told. When Im able to pick a God, I usually go with Ra. I find Im pretty good with lining up his attacks and healing myself and teammates. But I have no idea as far as build, items, etc. I usually just leave auto level item on. As far as skills, I put all points into 1 and 3 whenever I can. Then 4 when it opens. Leaving 2 for last as I dont usually try to get close to anyone. Anyway, Im open to help with Ra as well as the game in general. I play all maps to get my 1st win of the day. So Im not picky there. Although I really like Arena and Assault.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!

Luclicane

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 13, 2014 2:55pm | Report
hi

first of I will say what CS means it means creep stealing/farm stealing. normally you will get this if you are taking jungle camps alone or when your the support and are last hitting.

well as you like ra I would recommend (mostly conquest but build works pretty well everywhere) going into solo or mid lane. As a support Ra isn't that good (but it's possible because heal)

as far as skil lvling you got that pretty much covered but you should prioritize: 4-1-3-2 because your 1 is your main clearing tool and your 3 is your heal.

on item building well for Ra it isn't that hard I normally go with:

starter items:
Vampiric Shroud this is a great starter item with some sustain and power. (you wil sell this item add the end to buy a better one)
Purification Beads one of the must have actives because cc can be a pain in the *** sometimes
mana potions and health potions depending on lane you can choose mana or health. for solo I would go for 1 of each for mid take 2 mana.
if I'm right you will still have some money left (300) you can put this into aegis if you know your going to need it (e.g. when a Nu Wa is on the other team) or otherwise take the first tier of Boots

boots (first item):
normally after that you will get/fnish your boots. this would be either Shoes of the Magi (pen boots) or Shoes of Focus (cooldown ruduction boots) depending on what you like.

2nd item:
well you normally get several choices for this item but because Ra got a heal the best choice here is to make a Rod of Asclepius improving your heal and giving you some more movement speed. the only time you don't want this item is when you have someone with a better heal on your team get's it.

if that's the case you can go for Gem of Isolation for the slow or warlock's sash for more health.

3rd item:
this is a pretty standard slot for mages. normally you would get Breastplate of Valor here for cdr and Physical protection. if the team has more mages or you want more damage you can then take a Chronos' Pendant

4th item:
this is going to be a lifesteal item. this will either be Bancroft's Talon or Polynomicon I myself prefer poly over talon because poly gives some more damage on the next basic after an ability (has cooldown). Bancroft increases power when you lose health.

5th item:
this item is always the same on every mage and it's called Rod of Tahuti it gives you a major increase in power.

6th item:
this item is going to be a pen item. the best pen item for Ra is Obsidian Shard. this is because he isn't based on DoT abilities (only his heal is DoT but you want the burst as fast as possible making obsidian a better choice then Spear of the Magus)

I hope this helped you a bit if you have more questions just ask

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FullBlaze » December 15, 2014 5:24am | Report
Hey,

Don't pay attention to those ragers. Just enjoy the game and mute them if you have to.

Ra is a realy strong and good pick to learn the game with. Other gods are realy fun to play so give other gods a try.

Im not the best smite player ( YET ^^), if u want we could play some games together if you want. I'm sure i can teacht you a thing or 2. Have been playing league of legends and Smite a lot so i understand the ropes (im better in lol).

Well add mee and hope i can help you.

IGN: FullBlazer
Guide:
Chaacs mighty ax

FullBlaze

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Luclicane » December 15, 2014 8:02am | Report
Thank you very much Devampi. Ill have to write those down until I start memorizing the alternates. Yea I felt weird being support as Ra as he is a pusher. I took a mana camp when he started complaining. This was half way through the game and I didnt know I couldnt lol. Before that, he was complementing me on being such a good support (healing any time he was damaged, assaulting other heroes in lane keeping them back etc).

FullBlaze, Ill definitely take you up on that offer. Thank you very much. I do play other Gods a lot. I use Assault for that reason. Giving me something random to play with and learn a bit.

I do have to say I played the match mode where the other team picks your God, and I got given Nu Wa. Holy **** did I love her. Im contemplating buying her for my first God. I decimated the entire team with her. Exploding her soldiers and finishing tower huggers with her ult.

Luclicane

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FullBlaze » December 16, 2014 12:33am | Report
Ill be online this tonight. we might can play couple of games. Dont know in what time zone u live.

I recommend u getting chaac. He is amazing. Strong, tanky, damage and has carry potential to win games. U will love him in the solo lane. he is my favorite sololaner atm (have masterd almost all, working on tyr now) in fact i am working on a guide since there is no recent guide on chaac on smitefire.

well hope to see you soon buddy.

Let's win some games
Guide:
Chaacs mighty ax

FullBlaze

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 17, 2014 12:29pm | Report
FullBlaze wrote:

Ill be online this tonight. we might can play couple of games. Dont know in what time zone u live.

I recommend u getting chaac. He is amazing. Strong, tanky, damage and has carry potential to win games. U will love him in the solo lane. he is my favorite sololaner atm (have masterd almost all, working on tyr now) in fact i am working on a guide since there is no recent guide on chaac on smitefire.

well hope to see you soon buddy.

Let's win some games

most old chaac builds and guides are still pretty "updated" at this point

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FullBlaze » December 18, 2014 1:59am | Report
I think they miss a lot of keyparts.

If you search on recent guides they dont show anymore. Chaac deserves more attention since he is amazing and strong when played correct. when its finished perhaps you can take a look at it and maybe give your opinion on it?

Want to create a clear chaac guide for new players
Guide:
Chaacs mighty ax

FullBlaze

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BoredAsUsual » December 19, 2014 5:22pm | Report
If you like the Mage role then I suggest giving Nu Wa a try. She is amazing in Mid or Solo, if you build her right, and dominates in Joust. You can stay in the back and let your 1 and 2 do all the work if you want and when you get more comfortable with her you can start to do a 2/3 combo. :) Her ultimate also ensures that you will be securing kills more often. BoredAsUsual13 is my username if you want to send me a friend request. You can play any role any way, I am all about having fun. ^^
"Time to bring Christmas cheer to everyone. Whether they like it or not."

BoredAsUsual

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 19, 2014 6:20pm | Report
If you ever need help with Ra, or mages, or simply..gods in general with Arena and Assault, those are my favorite modes. I can help with Conquest too but I'm very very proficient in Arena, so if you want, just add me and message when you want me to come help out! I'm available all but thursday night into friday morning, and friday night into saturday morning (work).
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }