Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to beat Cabraken with Agni?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » How to beat Cabraken with Agni? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Damius » October 23, 2016 8:37am | Report
Last night me and a group of friends were playing joust, and my opposing friend decided to play Cabraken with full power. (Like Polynomicon, rod of Tahuti, e.t.c.). I was playing Agni, and from time to time I escaped him, but he also blinked if I dashed out. (Not to mention his ult stops me, and he has two stuns and I usually can't survive long enough to dash away.) Late game he one shotted me... I really want to figure out how to counter this. I stayed literally behind Tower but he managed to tower Dive, just to kill me. Or on those odd occasions I need to wave clear with my two, I would step out to get killed.
Can you guys suggest a counter? (Outside of picking another god, Agni's my main so I really want to find a way to counter him without losing my main.)

Damius

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » October 23, 2016 8:57am | Report
There's not much counter to a Cabrakan with Agni.

The only things I can suggest are the following:

- As soon as he moves towards you, or his shields start glowing, he's likely going to come in for a stun. At this time, avoid contact at all cost.

- Bait his 2 (where he slams his shields together) before dealing damage. If you deal damage before he uses it, you'll charge his passive which allows the 2 to stun you.

- Bait his 1 (glowing shields) before engaging. Once this move is used his CC is more limited.

- As soon as he uses his 3 (ground slamming) on you, quickly dash out, preferably in the direction of your tower, but just get out asap.

- If he charges you for an ult/slam/etc..., dash through him. You'll not only bait hit attack (hopefully his ult), but also negate all damage. From here, turn around and stun him immediately. From here, attempt to move back towards a safe position, and avoid contact.

These are all the tips I can give. I myself hate playing against a Cabrakan aswell. The guy is just ridiculous. Other than these tips, try to find a flaw in his plays. Is he to aggressive? Get your team to dunk on him, CC and damage all over and kill him.

Also ward, just to make sure he doesn't surprise you from the jungle.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » October 23, 2016 8:57am | Report
The first thing you could do is build magical defense. Magical defense on a mage? Well considering its a full damage Cabrakan (basically fat Loki) it is kindve needed. The one thing you have that Cabrakan does not is range with those bombs. You can try to take advantage of that by killing him before he kills you.

Your relics will have to be the basic sanctuary and purification. If he blinks in just assume he will try to use EVERYTHING on you. Immediately use sanctuary and if he does not notice he will waste his entire kit and then you can damage him back.

Soul Reaver can be a great pick since he still is a guardian and that can be the burst you need. Bancroft's Talon can be good for making a comeback. Just make sure you use your bombs and stuns effectively.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 23, 2016 12:32pm | Report
Agni is actually rather decent vs Cabrakan, the main mage that suffers against him is Scylla since her dash takes too long to activate and her Sic 'Em doesn't cripple him since he's immune during his Seismic Crush.

Firstly let's talk build. To counter Cabrakan I would recommend Shoes of the Magi, warlock's sash, Void Stone, Obsidian Shard, Rod of Tahuti, Soul Reaver. This build doesn't have any CDR which is unfortunate, but it gives you a lot of survivability with the additional health + magical protection and burst potential with the additional penetration + Soul Reaver. Lifesteal generally doesn't help in this matchup since Cabrakan will usually either burst you down before you can attack or fail to do so. If you want to rely on your teammates to kill him, I'd swap out Soul Reaver for a Chronos' Pendant before getting Rod of Tahuti. Genji's Guard can also be a good option instead of Void Stone and Oni Hunter's Garb is especially potent if Cabrakan is the only magical damage on their team since it usually leaves you with its maximum 105 magical protections at all times.

Okay so now let's talk strategy. If it's not a 1v1, stick by your teammates. Smite is a team oriented game, and if Cabrakan starts rushing towards you your teammates can help. If everyone focus fires, a full burst Cabrakan will go down pretty quick.

Finally, let's talk countering.
1) Cabrakan is coming towards you with his 1 and you can't simply walk away. You have 3 options. If he's far away ulti, put down Noxious Fumes before it hits for the stun, then ulti twice more. At full build this may one shot him depending on his build/health. He does have the option of blinking if you do this, so be prepared to stop the combo immediately and use your dash in the opposite direction (note you will only have to do this if he blinks immediately before your Noxious Fumes hits, so the timing for your dash is the same pretty much every time he attempts this making it easy to execute). Your other option is to simply put down Noxious Fumes, use Flame Wave for the stun and then dash away. He won't be able to blink for some time due to him having taken damage, if you walk away immediately you can wait for your cooldowns to be back online before he engages again. Finally your last option is to put down a Noxious Fumes, wait at the edge of it until he touches it, and then dash away. He again won't be able to blink due to having taken the small amount of damage and you can wait for your cooldowns to get back online. This isn't the best option, but it's the best in a 'panic' scenario.

2) Cabrakan blinks on top of you. If Cabrakan is within sight and activates his 1, be prepared for him to blink. Whenever he activates his 1, I would recommend putting down a Noxious Fumes in advance in the space in front of you. When he blinks, if you have good reactions you will have enough time to dash away and stun him with the fumes, at which point he's burnt his initiation relic and his 1 is on cooldown.

3) Cabrakan blinks and hits his 1. This shouldn't happen, but if it does immediately use purification and dash in the opposite direction. He won't kill you with 1 ability with this build if you dash immediately if he doesn't have power pots yet.

4) Cabrakan blinks and uses his ulti, you fail to react in time and dash into his wall. Pop your sanctuary and walk around the corner. When this wears off be prepared to use your purification as he may try to stun you when you move to dash away.

Anyway, hope this helps. Fighting Cabrakan can be a pain, but he's not uncounterable. Good luck!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » October 23, 2016 4:32pm | Report
Muahahahaha, I'm going to include this information in the Cabrakan guide under things to avoid doing! Say goodbye to your precious counters! Or maybe just half of them.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Damius » October 26, 2016 8:44am | Report
Thank you for the tips! Next time I'll come prepared muahaha XD

Damius

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 26, 2016 9:01am | Report
Oh, forgot to mention, playing as Swagni also increases your chances of winning by 3x. It's hard to lose when your character is 90% swagger, 7% straight fiya, and 3% sick burns.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » October 26, 2016 9:12am | Report
And that's why I play Swagni every time I choose Agni

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Damius » October 29, 2016 6:31am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Oh, forgot to mention, playing as Swagni also increases your chances of winning by 3x. It's hard to lose when your character is 90% swagger, 7% straight fiya, and 3% sick burns.

I KNEW IT! I knew I won way more often as Swagni!

Damius

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }