Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 10 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 21, 2013 4:14am | Report
The servers lag for a bit. It was like an earthquake!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 21, 2013 12:07pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

The game is balenced around concuest so a god who is insane in 1v1 is not can directly mean that he is OP in concuest.

Same as ares. In no way OP in concuest but very strong in arena and assault. Arachne is also one of the best 1v1'ers in the game but is one of the lowest picked gods in concuest because she has nothing for team fight's.

Joust is not where the game is balenced and there are a lot of gods who 1v1 better then sun who aren't op or who are similar to him who aren't
op. Example vamana. Poke's for 300 with his 2 which is a lot easier to hit, an ult that super heals him. A knock up escape dash. And he is not op in the sligtest.

Give me a better reason to believe he is op in concuest.

I rarely play conquest, but the game atleast SHOULDN'T be balanced around a single game mode, when there are 5+ modes to play. That's beyond silly. besides the 1v1 still applies to early-mid game conquest and ganking, which sun wukong is more than able to do, so even with the argument that he's not OP in conquest specifically, he's still VERY VERY strong.

Also 1v1 Vamana is nowhere near as powerful as sun wukong. His wave clear / poke is pretty much INSTANT yet vamana's isnt. Also Vamana's escape doesn't last as long as sun wukong's, and sun wukong also gets two hard CC abilities from the same ability that allows him to escape. Sun wukongs ult creates a clone, heals AND is Tyr's ult as well. Tell me how that isn't utterly ridiculous, EVEN in conquest.

Also applying your logic, no god is OP unless they do especially well in conquest, yet doing especially well in conquest relies more on tactics and skill than your god picks for the most part. Applying this, it means that no gods are OP [what an ideal world.] The reality is that the gods capabilities and kit, as well as passive and damage potential decide if its largely OP or not. In this respect sun Wukong is undoubtedly OP.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 21, 2013 12:45pm | Report
vamana's wave clear is twice as strong as monkey's and has about the same level as poke.

ofcourse it should be balenced aroud concuest. it is the main moba game mode as well as the game mode that tournements are held in.

yes wukong get's 2 hard cc's out of one ability but he has to choose between them and his escape and put it on a very long cooldown. he has a small AoE knock up that does very little damage

his ult is one of the stronger one's in the game to compansate for his 1 and 2 which lose a lot late game. his 2 is at that point just a knock up that apperently does damage but no one actually notices it because it's so little, and his 1 late game has 1 plus, it has range and apperently damage you also don't notice late game because it's so little.

his ult take's him out combat so he can't help a lot but he just heals. decoy dies to a bit of hard cc and does half of his damage which makes him litterly only good for tower dives.

and compared to tyr dunk it does such little damage.

try ranged ad or zeus against him and you have a lot of winning chance because range is not something wukong handels very well.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 22, 2013 3:47am | Report
I tried playing ra against him. Even with ra's sustain building defensively in 1v1 he EASILY outpoked me and tower dived me. His poking skill is TOO fast and too wide to effectively dodge, and 200-300hp when playing a non bruisier/tank is ALOT. His tiger initiate does 300+ by mid game and stuns aswell, he is by no means as weak as you make him out to be. Also his clone can do significant damage and tank the tower whilst he jumps from his cloud and beats the poop out of you. He has enough sustain, poke and wave clear to be a mage, with all the benefits of a warrior/bruiser as well.

And lets not forget his passive. He gains the partial build of an assassin at low hp, which when built with crit AND phys damage, makes him more deadly than most assassins. [Baring in mind escaping that eagle/tiger skill is VERY difficult, his ult if he's losing the fight can reset it for him, he has his poke to finish off any fleeing enemy / initiate. All skills which assassins would sincerely LOVE to own.]

At the very least his leap damage from his ult, when triggered, should immediately remove the clone. He should only get one CC and one escape, not two CC's and an escape rolled into one skill. Im tempted to say that the leap damage from his ult should actually be removed but allow the clone to stay, purely on the basis that his ult is literally a stronger version of Tyr's ult.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 22, 2013 4:01am | Report
If you lack hard CC, you aren't going to be able to do much, but you aren't entirely helpless. I speak as a Sun Wukong player.

Firstly, one v one is not a good way to judge gods, so stop jabbering about one v one. I hate jabbering.

Secondly, his tiger form is still weak against slows, and can be blocked by minions. So just get Gem of Isolation and outsustain him.

Thirdly, how the hell is he poking you and pushing at the same time? If you are dumb enough to stand directly behind the minion wave, you have no idea how to react to the enemy.

Sun Wukong can heal 25% of his health. Ra can heal 1000% of his with his constant heals.

Also, if you are trying to run away from his as a god with no escape, you are being stupid. You shouldn't run, you should fall back carefully. And if you are in tower range, for god's sake, just heal youself and tank the decoy, it's a mild distraction at best. Literally, you should be healing more than the decoy deals damage, especially if you had brains and bought Breastplate of Valor.

Also, you are making a lot of erronous statements. Tyr's ult deals more damage, applies a CC, and is way faster, and leaps a longer distance, while also having a shorter cooldown.

It is clear to me that you lack knowledge of the fundamentals of playing Smite, one of which includes learning the kit of your enemy and reacting to it. Play Sun Sukong before making judgements.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 22, 2013 10:17am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

If you lack hard CC, you aren't going to be able to do much, but you aren't entirely helpless. I speak as a Sun Wukong player.

Firstly, one v one is not a good way to judge gods, so stop jabbering about one v one. I hate jabbering.

Secondly, his tiger form is still weak against slows, and can be blocked by minions. So just get Gem of Isolation and outsustain him.

Thirdly, how the hell is he poking you and pushing at the same time? If you are dumb enough to stand directly behind the minion wave, you have no idea how to react to the enemy.

Sun Wukong can heal 25% of his health. Ra can heal 1000% of his with his constant heals.

Also, if you are trying to run away from his as a god with no escape, you are being stupid. You shouldn't run, you should fall back carefully. And if you are in tower range, for god's sake, just heal youself and tank the decoy, it's a mild distraction at best. Literally, you should be healing more than the decoy deals damage, especially if you had brains and bought Breastplate of Valor.

Also, you are making a lot of erronous statements. Tyr's ult deals more damage, applies a CC, and is way faster, and leaps a longer distance, while also having a shorter cooldown.

It is clear to me that you lack knowledge of the fundamentals of playing Smite, one of which includes learning the kit of your enemy and reacting to it. Play Sun Sukong before making judgements.

He was poking me AFTER the wave clear. Because y'know, for like 0.0001 seconds there are no minions. [#sarcasm] I probably played too passively, but in retrospect against any other god that's absolutely fine.

1) 1v1 is an absolutely fine way to judge gods. YOU don't get to dictate what is fine and what is not. Team games or not a 1v1 mode is included, ergo it is perfectly legitimate to mention the 1v1 battles. If I ONLY wanted to play conquest 24/7 then I wouldn't be comparing him 1v1. *Common sense*

2) The tiger can only be blocked by minions whilst minions exist. Please refer to above point, minions don't always exist. Furthermore he gets that skill by level 3 latest, gem of isolation is a mid-late game mage item. Not early game. What is your counter for early game exactly?

3) He wasn't. He was clearing the wave first usually, then running up to my tower and poking me with his massive instant-bam-large-width stick and then running off. That said, he also managed to angle the stick to hit me and a couple minions simultaneously, which isn't so hard when your consider its massive width. [I've played wukong myself fyi.]

I'll remember not to run next time. No infact that's just about the best advice I've ever heard. *You're dying? Don't run. Cautiously walk back to your tower.* Sun wukong's CC is also a speed buff to meet the distance, If you don't run you get caught. And if you get caught by wukong, as I quickly learned, you die. The ONLY reason I could even run was because of Ra's passive, which just barely outpaces sun Wukongs tiger form, as long as you spam 3 of your skills to escape.

I also tried healing myself and just tanking the decoy. Even with Breastplate He Outhit me. [Baring in mind I max my healing with ra at 14.] Also healing a small amount more than the clone damages is useless. he was tower diving because I had LOW hp. the one time I tried to tank his clone he finished his ult early to jump on me for extra damage.

Tyr's ultimate is severely under rated as anything other than a chasing tool in most instances. On the flipside, sun Wukongs ultimate benefits him in so many more ways than Tyr's. The fact that its also a slightly weaker version of Tyr's ultimate on top of everything else takes the cake IMO.

That said he seems *ok* in arena from what I've seen of him. I'm not sure if I've just been going against VERY good Sun Wukong's, I really suck against him or he's generally op, but after playing him myself I do think he has way too much utility, mainly to do with his 3-in-1 and ult abilities.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 23, 2013 1:24am | Report
stay in tower so he can't poke you. it has range but its not whide enough to be unjukable.

1 no we have made that very clear that gods will not get the OP stemple out side anything other than conquest because its the main game mode and gods will not called OP and get nerf's if it is not in conquest.

that is why we won't call joust a good way to judge gods because it is only the laning fase of concuest which would be best to be compared to solo lane which is mostly focused around wave clear and not 1v1'ing. wukong has what i call worlds worst wave clear while still being a viable god. 1v1's also do not show how good gods are in team fights which wukong at that point doesn't bring very much to unless he is smart and flanck's the enemy which is quiet dangerous unless done right.

2 why in hell were you any where but inside your tower? i say this knowing that ra has way better clear leaving wukong with the rest of your wave he needs to clear or lose to tower or will get poked by it to go for you.

3 YOU WERE RA the best pusher in the game you just heal litterly all the damage wukong does to the wave you heal and it. leaving him with a full damm wave and will lose gold to tower or lose a lot of health to the wave,

to poke you you would still need to stand either right behind or right next to your archers since you are ra is just dumb because you can push from the tower.

or wukong would need to poke you while standing behind your melee minions which would mean that the moment he hits you he gets a barage of minion damage doing way more than he did to you.

and even if he then poke's you it wont do anything because you just heal it back up and even if your heal is level 1.

as for his tiger chasing you. press 2. he will never catch up to you if you run in a straight line with your 2 active. or juke it which is not hard since wukong has very limited movement,

the only really powerfull thing wukong has is his passive which balences his other weaker skills. his 3 is balenced because granted it provid's utility it leaves a difficult choice which because all 3 animals have a good purpose. tiger is initiation, ox is disruption and bird is escape. all the animals have their plus and there minus and the skill it self has a long cooldown.

compared to tyr. the only similar part about there kit's is there ultimate which for tyr does less stuff over all but is more instant and slows and does more damage. this fit's well with his overall bloathed kit. lots of damage and disruption and cc and does not get affected by cc that much. so an unimpressive ult make's sence.

wukong has an overall lacking kit with one of his skills being close to totally useless late game so a super buff ult make's sence because the rest of his kit's lack's. and his ult is still fairly balenced because it does so little damage.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 23, 2013 1:56am | Report
Sometimes there are arguements in this thread because NEW players still don't research or even think when they face Other gods. End up losing and saying "That God is to OP" And yet they may have the right god to counter them but still not used to the game.

Don't claim a god OP if your still new to the game. Once your bit experienced with the game you'll be able to understand the falseness of how you played before and will know how to counter current gods easily.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aerodramatic » November 26, 2013 12:50pm | Report
Poseidon. Noone likes Poseidon.3v3 vs a poseidon. Gets lots of kills at lv 5 or so. Finishes the match by with getting fed. 19-1. So i think "lets try poseidon in 3v3. I go 0-6 but luckily i had premade legendary Aphro and Herc and we win. WHY DONT I UNDERSTAND POSEIDON AND OTHERS OWN WITH HIM??? (If someone is good with him plz comment me or pm me for some help with him)
Favourite Gods:
Loki, Fenrir, Tyr, Xbalanque
Favourite roles:
Jungle, fed Adc

Aerodramatic

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 26, 2013 12:57pm | Report
i feel your hate on him. i understand.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }