Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The QQ Thread of Gods!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The QQ Thread of Gods! 552 posts - page 13 of 56
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 11, 2014 7:09pm | Report
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?EUSER=&match=40552776
WRAAAAAAAAWRGH.

Seriously though, look at that Arachne player damage. Nope - she did not disconnect or AFK at all during the game.

Please, dear lawd, get me to level 30 already. :-(
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 12, 2014 11:26am | Report
If you think getting to level 30 will keep you from getting matched with low level/skill players, oh man, you are so wrong.

I'm going through the same matchmaking hell and I'm level 30 for some time now (reached it in September-October). The matchmaking was very good at that point and I managed to get a 24 matches winning streak consisting of Domination and Arena games. Now a 5-6 matches winning streak is the best I can do. I would've loved to get matched with and against better players, not with bad players against decent players, this way my gameplay skill might've gone up too.

But it seems I'm stuck in the mud now. Right after log in I'm getting through 2-3 hell matches with bad players (I'm used to that now), after this I'm getting decent to even better players later on and sometimes a sudden fall to even worse players than at the beginning. But no matter how good I'm doing today, how many matches I win or mastery levels I get, the next day I'm back starting from the low level pool which is kind of stopping me from even logging in sometimes.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 12, 2014 12:14pm | Report
I wanted to buy the Anubis Stargazer and now the server is down :(
Took me 2 days to decide which skin I get besides Sobek Pirate+Voicepack!
Now I will need a lot of further days..

By the way, why is it down?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » January 12, 2014 6:21pm | Report
Thanatos is making me real salty right now. The problems are his 1 and his ult. His 1 does too much damage period and then it heals him 75% on top of that? Why? The ult is even worse. It makes it impossible to escape from him, gives him amazing tower dive potential to secure early kills, gives him a great initiation when he wants it, and lets him get out of bad situations for free. It has so much utility on top of its absurd kill potential with the execute effect and the impossibility of avoiding it. A lot of games if an enemy Thanatos gets just 1 or 2 early kills my team starts feeding him consistently (sometimes that includes me) until we lose. Frustrating.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 14, 2014 1:43am | Report
SuperTibzz wrote:

Thanatos is making me real salty right now. The problems are his 1 and his ult. His 1 does too much damage period and then it heals him 75% on top of that? Why? The ult is even worse. It makes it impossible to escape from him, gives him amazing tower dive potential to secure early kills, gives him a great initiation when he wants it, and lets him get out of bad situations for free. It has so much utility on top of its absurd kill potential with the execute effect and the impossibility of avoiding it. A lot of games if an enemy Thanatos gets just 1 or 2 early kills my team starts feeding him consistently (sometimes that includes me) until we lose. Frustrating.

His 1 is easy to dodge. Once it misses he will back away. Its the only thing that can really do damage. But that's why its also hard to use. For his ultimate. Aegis or blink. But, if your really good at timing, knowing when to expect the landing. You can time your escapes perfectly. See him right above you? don't wait for the "Scream" Jump away. Once you see that red skull on you look up around. That's when his in the air. Anticipate his landing. The range is quiet far so if you see him a meter away. Jump.

Best way to fight against him is practicing with him. Once you know how his ult and other skills work you'll be okay facing him.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 14, 2014 5:59pm | Report
Pretty much what MadDanny said. I used to complain about his ult as well, until I started playing him more. Sure, it's a pain to deal with at times, but the more I played him and played against him, I began to see ways to try and dodge his ult. It's not impossible. Besides, if you're at the point where you've got his mark on you, unless you're a tank, chances are, many other gods' ults will take you down just as easy, or at least set them up to kill you somehow.

And his 1 does do a lot of damage, but again, as MadDanny said, it's easy as hell to dodge, and it definitely isn't the easiest skill to land, though it can be fairly easy when you're used to using it and can plan out the enemy's movement. Thanatos can output a lot of damage, but at the same time, he can be very risky to play because of the fact his abilities also use health and that he can be pretty squishy if you get a hold of him.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 15, 2014 10:09pm | Report
Serious ****ing ly???

I had an Assault match. Enemy no support. We had Cupid, Aphrodite, Guan Yu and Ra. 4 healers. They gave up at the phoenix with no towers destroyed. THE 4 HEALER GROUP GAVE UP!
I was the only non healer as Ao Kuang, had 9 kills.

BUT SERIOUSLY; DAT ****IN CUPID MISSED EVERY AA AND STOOD STILL WHILE BEING KILLED!!!!

How can you possibly lose a game with F O U R supports!!

It has been a long time since I RL-raged about a game, but I literally punchend my PC...

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 17, 2014 6:48am | Report
Thanatos is just such a cheap god. Just cheap. I'm really trying to understand why is he labeled as "Very Hard" or "Hard" when he is so easy to play.

Is not mana hungry: Check!
Ranged skill dealing tons of damage: Check!
Speed and pen buff:Check!
Lame silence+ damage + huge cone to get enemies hit: Check!
Cheapest ability in the game that can cross over the entire Arena map: Double check!

Isn't this easy? Of course it is. Just get an enemy hit with your 1 (it will most likely drop the enemy's hp to 1/2 because Thanatos really lacks damage), silence the enemy to make sure he won't even hit you and then go ahead and use your lame ultimate. That's it, kill secured.

Can it be easier than that? Of course it can. Just stand behind your team and wait for your teammate to do all the work, and when the time comes (enemy marked) go ahead and take what it's rightfully yours.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » January 29, 2014 10:17am | Report
The issue with Thanatos scythe toss of doom is that he's going to get right next to you to use it. It's a ranged skill so it's tempting to use at range, but yes, it's very easily dodged at range. A decent Thanatos knows this, gets in melee range, silences first (so you can't dodge by jumping or something), and is then nigh-guaranteed to hit it. A dumb Thana that wastes it by trying to snipe you with it is not too threatening, but the possibility of poor play doesn't make the character himself more balanced.

And no, you can't just "anticipate his landing" to dodge his ult. The flight lasts for 5 seconds. A decent player knows this, and knows that he can hang out for a second or two to see if you're going to attempt a dodge. He knows when he is going to dunk, you don't. It's not impossible to dodge, but doing so against a decent player is mostly a matter of luck, and the odds are heavily in Thanatos's favor. With regards to other ults killing you as well at the execute threshold, this is true (sometimes), but other ults don't offer the same chase/towerdive potential. If Poseidon gets me to 30% health he still has to be close enough to hit me with the center of the kraken afterward or I'm out. If Thanatos gets me to 30% and I jump away or blink or w/e, it doesn't matter, I'm still dead.

I agree that the "Very Hard" rating is one of the biggest trolls in Smite. How is he hard? Cause his skills cast with health? His 1 heals him for more than casting all of his abilities combined hurts him. Derp.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 29, 2014 9:53pm | Report
Getting really old and ridiculous how ****ty the lag is with this game. Myself, and a few others apparently, in this last match were stuck at the loading screen until we had to exit the game and relog. One of our guys never came back, our Odin was stuck at the base for a minute before dc'ing and finally coming back nearly five minutes later and logging back and dc'ing two more times. Then, our Merc ends up dc'ing twice while the enemy team was having no such problems.

Shame too. We did really well for a 4v5, and that was the best game I've ever played with Arachne by far. Might have lasted a bit longer if some of the teammates didn't back pedal when retreating, but it's hardly their fault we were put in such a situation to begin with.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }