Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Teammates in Casual Conquest. (XB1)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Teammates in Casual Conquest. (XB1) 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by charlielighten » December 31, 2015 2:40pm | Report
So ive been playing on Xbox smite for a while now and i realise that you do need some sort of organization to even begin a conquest game, but when people insta lock a god when someone else calls a role so for example everyone has called their roles, but someone has insta locked as nemesis, but someone has called jungle aswell and has locked in... so you get the picture? right? is it acceptable on my part not to pick a god??? cos whenever i dont pick a god and everyone is free to leave the lobby without wasting 10 minutes (if not longer) i just get messages saying "Oh just pick a god fs" .......

any opinion would be appreciated... just wanna know if what im doing is wrong.

Thanks

charlielighten

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 31, 2015 4:45pm | Report
Calling roles is both traditional and a necessity in order to have reasonable balance on a team, especially when solo queueing. So when you see someone instalock outside of calling roles, they are already screwing things up and not being good teammates. As such, when you subsequently decide not to choose a god and start the process over, I don't see that you're actually doing anything wrong. You could of course decide just to go with the flow and play no matter what, but that's up to you. Personally,i don't think you're doing anything wrong.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 1, 2016 12:14pm | Report
Isn't dodging something that will give you a deserter nowadays?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 1, 2016 12:58pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Isn't dodging something that will give you a deserter nowadays?

Deserter penalties seem to have gotten more lenient on the Xbox since the latest patch. I've dodged plenty of games for OP's said reason and not had one deserter penalty, since the latest patch.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xxSHARKxx » January 6, 2016 12:13pm | Report
My biggest issue with conquest is the people who call roles, but then switch ggodsthen lock in a different good not suitable for the role they originally chose.

So to answer your question; it is totally acceptable in my opinion.
xxSHARKxx

xxSHARKxx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » January 6, 2016 2:42pm | Report
I do this all the time and I make ZERO apologies for it. If you insta call support and then lock Zeus, or you insta lock ah puch and then never call a role...i just have no desire to waste my time with that.

Also...you're on XB1? I'm looking for friends to play with. I have a couple guys I play with already but could always use more. I'm 33 and looking for people of similar age just so we have more in common.

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 3:18pm | Report
On PC we trust our teammates if they call a role and pick a untraditional god to play on it.

Heck, I play Aphrodite support, Zilby has played Loki and Cupid support and was MVP. You just gotta believe man. The Meta = Corruption, it works ? It does, but you're being the Met's little piece of person to control.

#BelieveOnYourTeammates #F7
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » January 6, 2016 4:51pm | Report

On PC we trust our teammates if they call a role and pick a untraditional god to play on it.

Heck, I play Aphrodite support, Zilby has played Loki and Cupid support and was MVP. You just gotta believe man. The Meta = Corruption, it works ? It does, but you're being the Met's little piece of person to control.

#BelieveOnYourTeammates #F7

In casual conquest on XB1, I don't trust teammates lol

I see what you're saying though. I don't like Aphro support, but if someone can make it work then who am I to judge. I won't always do what OP says (not select a god) if someone calls an untraditional pick, but if someone doesn't call a role then...yeah, I'll let it requeue.

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 6, 2016 5:21pm | Report
Zilby did Ratatoskr support and got the most kills on the team.

I went Fenrir support and went 9-1 just preying on Ares and the other adc.

I had a Sylvanus go adc and he went 5-1. It was funny as **** just seeing a tree chasing someone with green snowballs while using Hastened Fatalis.

Hell I had an actual Sylvanus support start with soulstone and took the purple buff, only to go 10-1.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 6, 2016 6:42pm | Report
When I see someone instalock or go completely against the meta I usually just kinda go with it because I've had people do it fantastically before, and because I enjoy seeing what they do. To be fair though, if you end up feeding and you're solo queuing, you are kind of being a **** to your team. Most of the time I do go non-traditional I'm in a queue with 3-4 people, or I'm just up front about it and tell people I want to try something out that's non-meta (eg: jungle Bacchus, all movement speed Vamana, etc). If you just instalock Zeus without saying a word and end up as support but then still go mid lane, then you're just being an ***.

Do I think you should not pick a god if someone is going against the meta? Probably not, if they call support and they choose to use Poseidon that's their judgement call. If someone instalocks without a word however, then you're much more justified to try to just skip. Chances are they'll try to take someone's role that they already called, leaving you with two junglers and no solo laner for example (I'm using that one because I had an autolock Loki one time who ended up forcing me to maintain the solo lane as Awilix since he wouldn't -_-).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }