Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

starting ranked need help!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » starting ranked need help!!!! 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PlainMcgee » January 2, 2014 9:11am | Report
Hey you Smiters i am plainmcgee and i want to start playing ranked as an ADC...i have been a casual player for about 6 months now and i wanted to up my game...so my questions are...Who is the best ADC to play with in ranked? What is the best build for him/her? Is there a any videos i can watch of resent game play with a good ADC?...alot has changed in smite as it still grows but what can i do to up my game play so i dont go in and get smashed?...any advice and feedback would be awesome...thank yall and remember Be you do what you do!

Be you do what you do!!

PlainMcgee

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 2, 2014 9:20am | Report
There is no "best" ADC. They have various pros and cons.

Cupid has a fantastic early game, but he needs a tank with good waveclear to help him. Alternatively, Cupid + Ares lane both breaks the meta and destroys virtually any duo comp.

Apollo has global presence and good mobility, with decent waveclear but some mana problems.

Anhur and Artemis are both considered the highest damage dealer hunters in the game. I'd say Artemis is slightly more damaging, and both are different utilities.

Neith is a caster-type ADC, with a low skill floor but a decently high skill ceiling. Doesn't rely too much on autoattacks, and outside of her laning phase her damage is quite poor. In her laning phase, she's awesome because of her zoning tools, sustain, and waveclear.

Ah Muzen Cab is like a jack of all stats. Good abilities, good waveclear, powerful self buff, good zoning, decent CC, good late game, some sustain, but suffers from mana problems.

Alternatively, Freya can be considered a mage ADC.

Xbalanque has a global ult and high burst, and can also snowball quickly, and his late game damage is huge. But he suffers from mana problems and a dependence on his abilities, which means his early game is fairly problematic.

Is that all of them?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » January 2, 2014 10:15am | Report
Most of the time, the top two picks are anhur for his massive damage output and artemis because of her natural critical chance passive and free wards.

Cupid, Apollo and neith are situational picks as cupid is a good pick if picked with bacchus because bacchus can get the mana buff due to cupid being able to regen mana from his hearts, apollo is good if the gods in your team don't have much pushing power and neith provides cc and global ultimate, a kit good for teams low on cc as a whole.

Xblanque and Ahmuzen Cab are gods that you have to actually have to be decent at. A good xblanque player is Barracuda on COG Na, but ah muzen cab player has not been found yet, due to his lack of damage output. But there maybe a way to use him, no ones has found it yet though....
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PlainMcgee » January 2, 2014 11:24am | Report
Thank yall both for the advice and in depth on the ADC gods i guess im going to have to be smart on this..If anyone else has anymore tips on this subject please share :)

Be you do what you do!!

PlainMcgee

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » January 2, 2014 12:55pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

There is no "best" ADC. They have various pros and cons.

Cupid has a fantastic early game, but he needs a tank with good waveclear to help him. Alternatively, Cupid + Ares lane both breaks the meta and destroys virtually any duo comp.

Apollo has global presence and good mobility, with decent waveclear but some mana problems.

Anhur and Artemis are both considered the highest damage dealer hunters in the game. I'd say Artemis is slightly more damaging, and both are different utilities.

Neith is a caster-type ADC, with a low skill floor but a decently high skill ceiling. Doesn't rely too much on autoattacks, and outside of her laning phase her damage is quite poor. In her laning phase, she's awesome because of her zoning tools, sustain, and waveclear.

Ah Muzen Cab is like a jack of all stats. Good abilities, good waveclear, powerful self buff, good zoning, decent CC, good late game, some sustain, but suffers from mana problems.

Alternatively, Freya can be considered a mage ADC.

Xbalanque has a global ult and high burst, and can also snowball quickly, and his late game damage is huge. But he suffers from mana problems and a dependence on his abilities, which means his early game is fairly problematic.

Is that all of them?
1v1 Artemis can beat Anhur, the only way Anhur can beat Artemis is by him impaling + ult
Artemis simply has more crit but more importantly she has that speed buff which makes her hit 2x faster than can hit her so trying to 1v1 in basic attacks Artemis will win, if you can land impale you might win but if you miss it you better jump away.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 2, 2014 5:58pm | Report
First of all, if you just want to play ADC, don't go into ranked. You're not going to be high elo every game, and you start as really low elo. You're not going to get what you want to play a lot of the time when you're 4th or 5th pick. You need to understand all of the roles, and preferably be really good at at least two of them. If you don't think you can play against people of equal skill level regardless of what role you're in, practice some more in casual queue.

There is no best ADC. All are viable, and all are played competitively. Anhur is generally considered the best because he has a lot of utility in addition to huge burst damage, but play all of them and decide who fits you the best. If you can live as Artemis or AMC, you can kill pretty much anyone, Neith is a crutch to never lose your lane super hard, Apollo can make a lot of plays by split pushing or insta-rotating with ult, etc.

The current ADC build is Death's Toll/ Warrior Tabi/ Heartseeker/ Qin's Sais/ Malice/ Deathbringer/ Titan's Bane (sell death's toll for titans obviously.) Most people only buy the first level of boots before rushing Heartseeker, and the Malice/Deathbringer order changes based on character and personal preference, but this is the current best build. If you build something different, make sure you have a good reason (like picking up a Void Blade because a Loki is one shotting you.)

If you want to learn high level ADC play, I'd suggest watching either Zapman or Barraccudda's streams. They're currently the top 2 ADCs in competitive play. http://www.twitch.tv/zap55 and http://www.twitch.tv/barraccudda

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 2, 2014 6:34pm | Report
I once had a match with Zapman. He dodged. I don't like him.

And I don't think there's another guy with "Zapman" as their name.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 2, 2014 6:44pm | Report
He's still either the top or second best ADC (NA at least,) in most people's opinion, and watching him play will show you a lot about how to properly handle the role. Dodging a game once doesn't really change that :P

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 2, 2014 7:30pm | Report
Zapman is pretty high up there, as is the ADC from Cog and the one from Denial.

But since Dignitas is pretty much just considered the best team in the game atm (although Denial contends), he's automatically kinda given the title of 'best'

Anyway, I agree with Phil this time. Anhur's passive ***** on his lane opponent, even if his utility isn't the best. It's still up there though - a clutch pillar-impale can win a game, and his ult has some of the highest DPS in the game.

Artemis is a very nasty late-game carry with her steroid, Neith is the best utility-wise ADC in the game, and Apollo is very good all around.

But I agree, you can't go in ONLY taking ADC. What happens if someone else does the same, and locks first? You're screwed. Learn 2-3 gods in each role to prosper, so if you get forced into a role, and it's had bans or picks already, you're ALWAYS safe.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PlainMcgee » January 3, 2014 7:06am | Report
Well guys i played my first 4 ranked games yesterday and i only got to play ADC once lol...but i jungled thor did good and won...then i supported ymir did good won...then for some reason i got placed in a higher elo game and went as a sobek and got wrecked by a freaking cupid ymir combo...i almost quit ranked all together after a few games of arena and regular conquest i gave it one last shot i ADC as art and went off with our arch jungle we just destroyed the enemy team so for my first 4 games im 3-1 and i must ask or higher elo guys all ways ********s? all my adc did in that higher elo game was yell at me and our jungle and he wasn't no help to me at all...even though its a bit different than regular conquest i like the competitiveness alot more...so are there any videos that yall think that are good that will help with the meta and how to play each position better?

Be you do what you do!!

PlainMcgee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }