Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

starting ranked need help!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » starting ranked need help!!!! 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 3, 2014 7:14am | Report
PlainMcgee wrote:

Well guys i played my first 4 ranked games yesterday and i only got to play ADC once lol...but i jungled thor did good and won...then i supported ymir did good won...then for some reason i got placed in a higher elo game and went as a sobek and got wrecked by a freaking cupid ymir combo...i almost quit ranked all together after a few games of arena and regular conquest i gave it one last shot i ADC as art and went off with our arch jungle we just destroyed the enemy team so for my first 4 games im 3-1 and i must ask or higher elo guys all ways ********s? all my adc did in that higher elo game was yell at me and our jungle and he wasn't no help to me at all...even though its a bit different than regular conquest i like the competitiveness alot more...so are there any videos that yall think that are good that will help with the meta and how to play each position better?

There are a bunch of different guides in this site, be sure to check them. Some are good, some are not. Sometimes, the good guides are in the deepest, and the most up voted ones aren't that great or are old guides.

The Meta is basicaly a Solo Laner( Almost Anything), A Mage on Mid, an Assassin or Warrior in the Jungle, And the Duo Lane with the classic Guardian with a Hunter.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 3, 2014 8:46am | Report
PlainMcgee wrote:

Well guys i played my first 4 ranked games yesterday and i only got to play ADC once lol...but i jungled thor did good and won...then i supported ymir did good won...then for some reason i got placed in a higher elo game and went as a sobek and got wrecked by a freaking cupid ymir combo...i almost quit ranked all together after a few games of arena and regular conquest i gave it one last shot i ADC as art and went off with our arch jungle we just destroyed the enemy team so for my first 4 games im 3-1 and i must ask or higher elo guys all ways ********s? all my adc did in that higher elo game was yell at me and our jungle and he wasn't no help to me at all...even though its a bit different than regular conquest i like the competitiveness alot more...so are there any videos that yall think that are good that will help with the meta and how to play each position better?

As far as BM goes (people being jerks, being abusive, whatever,) you need to decide which form of it you prefer. Casual queue has a lot of people who are just jerks for the sake of being jerks. You called jungle and already have Thor picked? This kid who just locked Thanatos doesn't care; he's jungling, and he's gonna call you mean things the whole game because you dared to call his jungle first.

Ranked is mostly people who want to win getting mad at people who are playing badly/don't know how to play. Casual has these people as well, so it's not like you're getting away from them, but they're more prevalent in ranked.

Personally, I find ranked to be the more pleasurable experience when you factor in that everyone is trying to win (opposed to casual where a lot of people are playing around or trolling,) but it can be rough if you have a thin skin when you have a bad game, and everyone does occasionally. If they're being constructive or reasonable, listening to what they say doesn't really hurt, but you can just mute them if they're being ****s just to vent.

Streams are the best answer to improve by far in my opinion. Guides and videos exist, but with how fast the game and meta changes, they're all very prone to being outdated almost immediately. Watching streams is a way to see how the best players are playing the meta and their role right now, in the current iteration of the game. Almost all of the top players stream, so just look at the rosters for the top teams and try to watch the role you want to learn.

If you have a more specific question about something people can be of more help though. 'What's the starting/first minute meta' has a specific answer, the only answer to 'how to learn the meta' is watch or play a lot of games.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }