Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sobek passive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sobek passive 31 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

What do you think of Sobek's passive as of now?
It is very effective and It should not be changed in any sort
It is pretty effective but may need a slight change
It is not that effective and should be changed a bit
It is not effective at all and needs a complete rework
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » May 9, 2014 4:32pm | Report
Hello Smitefire

I believe Sobek is in great need of a better passive, Blessing of the Nile. I am fairly experienced with him and have played this guy a lot, so I know what am talking about in concern with the topic.

Back in the good 'ol days of Sobek, he had quite powerful abilities that made him a lot of fun. For 1 thing, his 1 only pulled gods. I think the change to pulling minions too was necessary considering it was almost impossible to keep away from his Charge Prey. However the change in his Tail Whip made him pretty lame (for those of you who don't know, it used knock back enemies really far and was immediate instead of a charge up). But the debuff of his passive really pissed me off. Even Hirez knew it was a debuff when changing the name from Armor of The Nile to Blessing of the Nile. Even before this debuff on him, his passive was not good, but now, it completely sucks.

The only situation I think his passive is good in is tanking jungle buffs. Which even the protections given completely sucks!

After successfully hitting three basic attacks, which in team fights is pretty much never, you get 15 protection for only 4 seconds. If you ask me, trying to hit those basic attacks is worse then getting the 15 protections.

I think at least his passive needs a rework.

What are your thoughts?

Here is another post on reddit that I think has the right idea: Sobek Passive Ideas
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 9, 2014 5:41pm | Report
I think it's very powerful laning phase, but does need a slight change. My suggestion is allow the buff to stack on both auto attacks and his skills. The proc from skills should only be on gods hit, but can stack multiple times for multiple gods hit. This would instantly, or quickly, stack his passive, since you don't auto attack at the start of a fight, but you want that passive asap. MAYBE add a scaling protection # into late game.

Thoughts?
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 9, 2014 5:50pm | Report
I'd change his Tail Whip to stun along with the knockup, and change Magma Bomb to no longer stun, because a mage getting better CC than a tank is BS.

His passive is boring, but useful, sorta. But I would like it if it were changed. I'd change it by making it proc from ability hits along with basics, and more importantly, HIS PROTECTIONS ARE SHARED IN A 55-FOOT AURA, MAKING IT THE Blessed Presence OF THE NILE.

Boom. +15 protections isn't so bad when it's shared with your entire team.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » May 9, 2014 7:23pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'd change his Tail Whip to stun along with the knockup, and change Magma Bomb to no longer stun, because a mage getting better CC than a tank is BS.

His passive is boring, but useful, sorta. But I would like it if it were changed. I'd change it by making it proc from ability hits along with basics, and more importantly, HIS PROTECTIONS ARE SHARED IN A 55-FOOT AURA, MAKING IT THE Blessed Presence OF THE NILE.

Boom. +15 protections isn't so bad when it's shared with your entire team.

I'd keep Tail Whip the way it is, except for maybe giving it a bigger knockback. Vulcan doesn't come close to having the CC of Sobek, Charge Prey is one of the best initiation skills in the game.

For the passive, I definitely agree. That would be a really good change, and finally his passive would be useful. Right now, it's just a little perk if you're taking out a jungle camp or something during early game.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 9, 2014 7:37pm | Report
But he said the same things I did D:

No but I like the aura idea, it's decent
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 9, 2014 7:54pm | Report
The aura idea just seems like a better laning phase passive with little late game usage.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 9, 2014 9:23pm | Report
Apart from the whole Vulcan thing (why you hate on my gods!?), I agree with sub.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » May 9, 2014 10:45pm | Report
Vulcan is already grab tier so no need to throw more **** at him :P

But the Sobek ideas where good, do not think a stun on the tail whip would make that much of a difference (TBH I did not even know that Vulcan had a stun). But it might help Sobek to be picked more so I do not mind :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 9, 2014 11:37pm | Report
Vulcan's knockup is THE highest in the game, outside of ***bha's ult. I'm serious. It's literally the longest knockup in the game, provided you throw it right.

Magma Bomb...just look at this list.

Range.
CC.
Damage.
AoE.
Speed.
Short cooldown.

What does it NOT have?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 9, 2014 11:52pm | Report
Magma bomb is rather average speed and range...definitely not the highest. And it's CC is decent but it's not stationary, meaning it's hard to actually follow up with. Especially considering the rest of vulcan's kit, I would not at all consider it OP.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }