Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sobek passive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sobek passive 31 posts - page 3 of 4

Poll Question:

What do you think of Sobek's passive as of now?
It is very effective and It should not be changed in any sort
It is pretty effective but may need a slight change
It is not that effective and should be changed a bit
It is not effective at all and needs a complete rework
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 10, 2014 9:42pm | Report
Meatball isn't so hard to hit, true ( Earthshaker is...). But Vulcan is a burst god. Even though Backfire has a 5 seconds cooldown, it's very hard to hit without the meatball, which has a 10 seconds cooldown. Early game, he might be a little more sustained damage, but from the mid game he solely becomes burst. Magma Bomb into Backfire deals a **** ton of damage.

I still believe Vulcan is underpowered, but he is not as "nonviable" and underpowered as the truly underpowered gods in the game ( Arachne, Hades, Ares etc.) Don't get me wrong, he has his strengths, but, he is just too situational and doesn't bring as much to the table as most of the rest of the mages. I'm not asking for a big buff, I'm not asking for a damage increase. I'm asking for more balance. All I want for Vulcan is an actual passive and a small buff to his turret, which we already discussed about in LPMN Mages.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 10, 2014 11:00pm | Report
How is he underpowered? Seriously, how? He has a great damaging skill, one of the strongest ultimates in the game in terms of both damage and teamfight ability, he has one of the best control abilities in the game, and his turret, while underwhelming, isn't bad, either! It puts pressure on the lane, and helps him grab furies. It deals a very decent amount of damage. It's not amazing, it's not Wing Gust, it may be mediocre, but it does its job.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 10, 2014 11:10pm | Report
He's weak because every one of his abilities is unreliable. The pre-hit delay on his 1 is subpar, and it's pretty fast but even then it's damage is average. The turret dies almost instantly, isn't even a 360 degree cone, and has a long enough CD to be unreliable in moving fights. The meatball, I still contend, is average across the board and is in no way too good. Finally, his ultimate is slow as balls and will rarely hit a smart person. It's only reliable if paired together with something like Hades, Odin, etc, but other mages can do the same thing better, ESPECIALLY Zeus.

The ONLY thing vulcan is good at is pushing waves, but he can easily be killed 1v1 due to his basically nonexistent escapes, so he's useless in conquest in the long run.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 10, 2014 11:33pm | Report
Well, the Vulcans I meet seem to hit their ults pretty well. It's no laser-guided missile, but with practice, it hits a majority of the time.

As for the meatball, come on. It's THE biggest non-ultimate knockup in the game, and has significant teamfight potential. Think of it as an omnidirectional Driving Strike. That, with teamwork, has a lot of potential in it. I've seen Vulcans use it to knock up enemies against a wall, creating a line for Backfire to shoot through.

I guess our opinion of Vulcan's others skills and the skill level of Vulcans differ. But I'm not talking about the average Vulcan, I'm talking about the Vulcans who are really, really good with him.

I don't remember the exact name, but I think there was a DotA champion that was nerfed, despite having an insanely high skill FLOOR, because once you got past that skill floor, he was overpowered. I think Vulcan's like that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 10, 2014 11:44pm | Report
The problem is the vulcan's that are really really good with him don't matter, hence why vulcan basically has never been picked competitively.

Like we may differ on points, but just seriously think what the answer could be, to why vulcan is never picked. There has to be SOME reason, so if you disagree, that's fine, just try to figure out why yourself, I think.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 11, 2014 1:58am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Well, the Vulcans I meet seem to hit their ults pretty well. It's no laser-guided missile, but with practice, it hits a majority of the time.

As for the meatball, come on. It's THE biggest non-ultimate knockup in the game, and has significant teamfight potential. Think of it as an omnidirectional Driving Strike. That, with teamwork, has a lot of potential in it. I've seen Vulcans use it to knock up enemies against a wall, creating a line for Backfire to shoot through.

I guess our opinion of Vulcan's others skills and the skill level of Vulcans differ. But I'm not talking about the average Vulcan, I'm talking about the Vulcans who are really, really good with him.

I don't remember the exact name, but I think there was a DotA champion that was nerfed, despite having an insanely high skill FLOOR, because once you got past that skill floor, he was overpowered. I think Vulcan's like that.

There are a lot of dota heroes who were nerfed like that, but maybe it is invoker you are talking about? Anyways, if you are REALLY good with any god you can be considered op, like hel, ullr, tyr, ect. Saying that vulcan is to strong is just not true tho. He has 1 good skill that is harder to hit than your average stun, but that's it. His 1-2-4 are way to bad. I do not often like to say this, but just ask any high skill comp. players opinion and they will tell you that vulcan needs a buff, not a nerf.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 11, 2014 3:22am | Report
Vulcan is like heimerdinger, strong in solo queue but never picked in competitive

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 11, 2014 4:47am | Report
I recall seeing Drybear play as Tyr in the jungle, who is unarguably one of the strongest gods in the game, an there was this Hades on solo lane which played like a freaking champion. I'm not sure how it ended, I didn't watch it all, but that Hades, while playing, well, HADES, plaed very very well. That doesn't mean he is underpowered.

My point is - If you take an average player and give them the most overpowered god in the game (*cough* Bastet *cough*), as opposed to an amazing player with an average-minus god, such as Anubis, the amazing player will beat the average one.

Bottom line is, you cannot involve skill around the balance of a god, as mentioned, and while I know it may contradict wht I've said, about the high skill floor of Vulcan and and how Earthshaker is very hard to hit and how he relies on meatball to set him for Backfire, there's a difference between counterplay and the skill's aiming system (if you had spirit's tempest aimed like Brutalize...)

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 11, 2014 7:51am | Report
Honestly though, what happened to bastet? It seems to be mostly knly QoL and she changed from the most underpowered to the most overpowered. The same applies to aphrodite

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » May 11, 2014 8:36am | Report
So is this a discussion about Sobek or Vulcan? If you want to discuss Vulcan, please create a post about it( sorry if that sounded rude). This thread here is about Brobek's passive.

So, I kinda think it's underwhelming, yes. He deserves a better passive, but we could kept it similar. Like people suggested earlier, I REALLY like the idea of his passive affects not only him, but his allies too. Otherwise, a complete rework on his passive could work too.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }