Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sobek passive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sobek passive 31 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

What do you think of Sobek's passive as of now?
It is very effective and It should not be changed in any sort
It is pretty effective but may need a slight change
It is not that effective and should be changed a bit
It is not effective at all and needs a complete rework
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 10, 2014 12:13am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Vulcan's knockup is THE highest in the game, outside of ***bha's ult. I'm serious. It's literally the longest knockup in the game, provided you throw it right.

Magma Bomb...just look at this list.

Range.
CC.
Damage.
AoE.
Speed.
Short cooldown.

What does it NOT have?

A viable hero to go with it

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 10, 2014 12:30am | Report
It just cancels and interrupts so many things, does so much damage, and has so much knockback. This is a move that gets versatility and utility without sacrificing anything. It's wide enough to where it is difficult to dodge. It's range is more than decent (how many ranged hard CCs are there?). It's damage is very high. It's CC beats Tail Whip, in both the strength of the knockup, and the fact that it has a stun attached.

It's self-peel. A god with a lot of burst AND sustained damage gets self-peel.

That's what it boils down to. A god having VERY GOOD self-peel, with VERY good damage. Those two shouldn't mix, like, ever. You have to sacrifice one for the other, or you might as well let aimed strike stun for a second, or have Artemis' basic attacks slow by 15%, or give Ullr back his 1.8 second stun. Isis' Spirit Ball loses both peeling ability and damage when used like that.

And come on. Would losing the stun really break Vulcan?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 10, 2014 12:51am | Report
Yes it would break vulcan, as he's already VERY subpar. There's a reason he's almost literally never chosen in ranked: he sucks.

VERY GOOD self peel? I find that a gross overstatement. It's medium ranged at best, it's a short AoE, it's relatively good damage but it's on a god with only sustained damage for the most part, and the knockback is only decent.

How many ranged CC are there?
Spirit Ball
Spirit Arrow
Flame Strike
Waterspout
Mummify
Kiss
Banish
Waxing Moon
Sic 'Em
Detonate Charge (To An Extent)

etc

I think you vastly overestimate the pure mathematical numbers, both in range, aoe, damage, CD, and knockback, on an ability on a purely terrible god.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 10, 2014 4:45am | Report
Okay, couple of things.

1) Vulcan is burst damage. His only source of sustained damage is from his turret, which is overall underpowered, as it is SUPER squishy and easily avoided.

2) The range on the meatball is insane. I think it's about the same range as Spirit Ball, but it travels faster.

3) Vulcan is underpowered. His late game burst of Magma Bomb into Backfire may rival that of Waterspout into Water Cannon, but it's not as effective. Vulcan relies on the stun from the meatball to set up his Backfire, as it is very hard to hit. Additionally, Vulcan has no follow up. Sure, he has good disengage, unlike He Bo, but, take away his CC, and all he has to protect himself is Backfire. His turret can't do ****, really, he as no passive, his ult is meaningless at point blank (unless you are late game, but, then, still, everyone kill you in 1 hit late game)...

4) Wanna talk about Mages who have lots of burst & sustained damage while having ridiculous CC? Dude, Isis. She has a stun on the same cooldown that does greater burst damage than Magma Bomb and stuns for longer unless it's at point blank, she has a freaking insane slow/silence that lasts up to 2 seconds, and her Wing Gust provides better mobility than Backfire on top of superior damage, while being in the form of more sustained damage than burst. True, her ultimate is situational and hard to utilize to its maximum potential, but, comon, no skill in Smite is harder to hit and is easier to dodge than Earthshaker. Vulcan has no way of guaranteeing a hit of a nearly full ranged Earthshaker, as opposed to Noddle or Poseidon.

5) ****, forgot we we're actually on a Sobek's Passive thread... Keep the knockback, make abilities apply the passive, share the passive. Many people have said this before already.

*) Sub, if you are having a hard time against Vulcan, here's a general tip that you might already know: Vulcans hate when people play aggressive against them. Vulcan is terrible at defending himself, as opposed to Isis. If you play passively against Vulcan in lane and let him poke you, he'll get the best of you. But if you jump on him, he defends himeslf poorly. Why do you think Bastet (besides being ridiculously overpowered in general) and Bakasura completely destroy Vulcan? Aggressive gods are Vulcan's bane. WHY Y U HATE ON MY GODS?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » May 10, 2014 5:46am | Report
So.... is this a post about sobek or vulcan? I'm confu-se-ded!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » May 10, 2014 6:09am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

So.... is this a post about sobek or vulcan? I'm confu-se-ded!

Thinking exactly the same thing

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 10, 2014 6:14am | Report
I agree with Sub, sobek's passive would be so much more effective, yet simple if it had an aura effect. If the protections are too much, we could scale the numbers down.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » May 10, 2014 9:55am | Report
I feel if any of these passive/ Tail Whip changes would make me extremely happy. You barely see him played that much and it would make him much better
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 10, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Right, jump on Vulcan. It's mostly ends with him just throwing a Magma Bomb under his feet and knocking me away, before jaunting back under his tower. You really think that I've never done that?

He's rarely seen in ranked, but that doesn't mean he is terrible. You don't see Zeus or Isis often in ranked, but they're not terrible gods.

I really don't understand why you say Vulcan is weak. In the games I see him, he's usually doing really, really well. (Of course, never seeing him in ranked means that this probably doesn't mean anything. To be fair, it's hard to gauge a god's level of success like that.(

Also, I don't get why people say Magma Bomb hard to hit, it's not. It's easier than hitting with flame strike or Hail of Arrows. It's not exactly tornadoes-level of (lack of) difficulty, but it's fairly easy to hit with, and to reposition someone with. Yeah, if you go all Leeroy-Jenkins on someone, you'll probably do more harm than good, but a good Vulcan can reverse that.

I'm not sure if he's burst or sustained damage. I mean, his Backfire has a 5 second cooldown, at what point do you transition from "rapid repeated burst" to "sustained damage?"

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » May 10, 2014 8:07pm | Report
How does a warrior get released with anywhere from 2-16 percent damage mitigation and a tank gets up to 15 protections?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }