Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

S5/S6 Ranked: One Way Ticket To Hell

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » S5/S6 Ranked: One Way Ticket To Hell 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » July 14, 2018 12:08pm | Report
Wayne, your bb-coding skills are insanely good.

Wayne3100 wrote:

• Since Cu Chulainn is often in the middle of the enemy team during fights, would Mystical Mail also be worth considering or is the damage not considered as strong as the utility of other Physical Protection items? Similarly, would Ancile be worth considering over other items with Magical Protection or is the range of the passive too low for it to be useful?
  • More generally speaking, are any of the Physical/Magical Protection items considered much stronger than the others in their category, or is the decision of which one to buy (almost) always situational?
  • On gods that can utilize Gladiator's Shield, is it common to buy another Physical Protection item after completing it (assuming I'm laning against an opponent who deals physical damage) or do people buy a Magical Protection item first for the rest of the enemy team (again, assuming it's a team that has some magical damage in it, most likely in the mid lane)?
  • How viable is a stacking protection item such as Hide of the Urchin? I feel like it's a bit too "slow" compared to other "normal" protection items, but am not sure whether that's a correct assumption.

I can try to shed some light on some of these, but I am by no means experienced in the solo lane. These are very good questions by the way.

• Mystical Mail can be an okay item, but I personally don't recommend it in a lot of scenarios. The damage isn't as strong in the later stages of the game, and Cu Chu really doesn't need help with waveclearing. I also don't like what it gives you for the price and I think it slows down your build.

When considering Ancile, I think this option is fine situationally. The passive does have a relatively small radius, so you'll want to pick it up magical gods who need to be close range in order to operate ( Ao Kuang, Athena, Artio).

• In my experience, solo lane building is entirely situational as it relies on counter building in order to frontline and disrupt the enemy team's main damage threats.

Some other strong options that I don't see listed are Hide of the Nemean Lion, Winged Blade, Runic Shield, Mantle of Discord, and Emperor's Armor. All of these situational.

I think you could also consider other relics. Teleport Glyph is strong right now, and I like Cu Chu's teamfight initiation in a Blink Rune - Spear of Mortal Pain combo.

• I think a lot of this is dependent on when you plan to start rotating. However, even if you don't plan on rotating soon, a very popular item after Glad shield is Pestilence. This will not only give you some magical prots for future fights, but the health combines with your prots from Glad shield to give you better effective health, and hurts the enemy solo's health regen. Sustainability is usually a key focus for solo lane, which is why healing/anti-healing gods are thriving in the current solo meta.

• Hide of the Urchin I feel is viable in situations where your team is consistently finding kills, or if one of your teammates has a significant lead. Otherwise, it can be a bit slow.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 14, 2018 12:25pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

(blablablabla)...I hope that makes sense.

This is why I will never be a coder. Geez man. LOL
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » October 7, 2018 11:17am | Report
Quick update: despite still playing a decent amount of games on a somewhat regular basis (here's my current match history for reference), most of them are outside of the Conquest game mode because I often play together with 2 or 3 friends who are relatively new to the game (i.e. not yet level 30) and they have no real interest in the Conquest mode.

With that said, I've been using the experience to optimize my builds, learn some new gods (ignore the Ullr game x_x) and target some of my specific gameplay weaknesses (e.g. Relic usage), so I'd still say I'm improving overall. However, I've updated the thread title to include S6 because I don't expect to start playing any placement matches until I better learn to play the different roles in Conquest and that may take a while.

Current considerations to fill the empty slots in my roster (see page 1 of the thread):
Assassin (jungle): Camazotz, Thor
Mage (mid): Scylla, Agni
Guardian (support): Khepri, Terra

Currently mastered gods: 50 (see profile)
Next in line: Ullr, Tyr, Artio

Stay tuned! :)

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }