Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked Conquest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranked Conquest 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 29, 2017 3:50pm | Report
Just curious if you guys play any ranked and what rank, win rate etc. you have or if you don not play ranked, why do you not play ranked?

If you do, how has your experience been so far this season and or split?

Do you play any other ranked gamemodes?
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 29, 2017 3:59pm | Report
My ranked experience consists of 3 games (2 wins 1 loss) in Joust, playing with Taco and GGF in S4 Spring. XD

I've just never felt the need to play ranked. I hear the same horror stories there as in casual (especially from you, hahaha), and in the end, I just don't feel the need. Part of me is curious to see how poorly I'd rank.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 29, 2017 4:08pm | Report
I myself played a few games in the spring split of this season (32 games), where 99% of them where when I was to drunk for my friends to want to keep playing casuals with me. Or with my ******ed drunk friend.

So that season I ended up with 40,6% win rate and placed in silver 2 in the end.
Actually think I went 5/5 in qualifiers (just like one of my friends) and I got placed in silver 4 I think and he got placed in plat. After that ranked just became a joke.
And I just played smite maybe every other weekend, so I didn't really care.
My guru elo was 1,392 xD

In summer split I figured I'd actually try and play serious with the little time I had to play the game (I also came back to SF after like two years away).
This time I went 9/1 in my qualifiers and got placed in silver 2 again.. I got pretty damned salty about that, and duo queued some games with my friend (the same guy who got plat last split, he is pretty bad TBH) we lost like 3-4 games. I then decided to NEVER duo queue again.
I ended up playing 137 games with a 62% win rate and climbed all the way up to, wait for it.. tadada! Gold ****ing 1 -.-
Literally had to go through every rank (silver 1, gold 5, gold 4, gold 3, gold 2 and ended at 45 TP in gold 1).
And a guro elo of 1,931 which at least is about where I myself think I should be at.

Now in the fall split I went 6/4 and yet again I got placed in ****ing silver 2 xD
I won like 8 games in a row and moved from silver 2 to gold 2 PogChamp. Got so happy I didn't even play smite in 2-3 days lol
I am now in a 10 game winning streak and crossing my fingers to keep on trucking until my next promotion at least.
My guru elo ATM is at 1,967 and my matchmaking division is platinum.

So at this second life is good and the elo gods are smiling at me.

#SoloQueueForLife

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 29, 2017 4:15pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

My ranked experience consists of 3 games (2 wins 1 loss) in Joust, playing with Taco and GGF in S4 Spring. XD

I've just never felt the need to play ranked. I hear the same horror stories there as in casual (especially from you, hahaha), and in the end, I just don't feel the need. Part of me is curious to see how poorly I'd rank.

Hehe

#RankedRant

It is fun though IMO, and it makes you (at least me) want to actually do everything correctly. Builds, calls, positioning, rotations, picks and everything like that.

So if you are interested in Smite in a more serious way and learning stuff (which it seems to me that you are) instead of just playing the game and killing ppl.

I definitely recommend playing some ranked. Although I do not recommend duo queuing, I think there is a curse on duo queue. At least in low level elo games, I queued 2 or three games with Adapting in one split even, and in all of them we had a leaver or DC...

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 29, 2017 4:21pm | Report
Like I said, I am curious...but the thing is, there are good players outside of ranked, and bad players in ranked. No matter the situation or mode, I'm always (almost always) trying my best, because it's more fun to do that than to just play for whatevers...
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » August 29, 2017 4:29pm | Report

I definitely recommend playing some ranked. Although I do not recommend duo queuing, I think there is a curse on duo queue. At least in low level elo games, I queued 2 or three games with Adapting in one split even, and in all of them we had a leaver or DC...

Wow, you know Adapting? That's pretty cool.

I played some ranked Joust 2-3 months back (maybe even further back, can't remember)
Played with 2 friends. We lost since our team work wasn't that great.
Enemy team was pretty toxic too. My friend, who was a Zeus, ulted on an enemy Poseidon. Pos ended up using his Aegis Amulet.
The Pos whispered my friend and told him "ult again *****"
After we lost the game, we got shamed by the enemy team (even though we said "ggwp")

Played another game with the same Zeus friend. We were doing pretty good. Focused enemy team's Anubis since he's super squishy. He rage quit after getting killed one too many times.

Too much drama in ranked, and my Zeus friend quit smite, so I stopped trying to play ranked Joust.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lopix69 » August 29, 2017 4:32pm | Report
Have been 3 months that I and a friend of mine would like to start in ranked conquest, but we never feel prepared enough and he attempts suicide every time a match goes wrong lol

Lopix69

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lopix69 » August 29, 2017 5:32pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

No matter the situation or mode, I'm always (almost always) trying my best, because it's more fun to do that than to just play for whatevers...

This sounds to me like a good motivation to play ranked tbh

Lopix69

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » August 29, 2017 5:43pm | Report
After winning 5 games and losing 5 games due to my mid being AFK and my solo laner stealing a role even though he's not even top 2 and doing ****. Both are seperate games, there's a lot more.

Bronze 4

R.I.P the dream

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » August 29, 2017 7:08pm | Report
Ranked is just casual with longer queues and extra salt. I have only ever played two ranked matches (both of them duel), if memory serves.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }