Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Next god has no leap or dash, Ajax says...!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Next god has no leap or dash, Ajax says...! 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RipleyW » May 22, 2018 9:18am | Report
Here's tweet from Ajax confirming

Apparently upcoming god does not have any kind of leap or dash says Ajax, That means Baron Samedi won't have any of those.

I kind of like this, considering how every recently released god has some kind of dash or leap, we need more immobile gods!

RipleyW

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 22, 2018 9:49am | Report
So it's gonna be OP.
Every god without escape Hi-Rez launch OP. See Achilles, Da Ji...

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 22, 2018 9:57am | Report
Like I tweeted to Ajax when I saw it, I'll believe when I see it.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 22, 2018 10:47am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

So it's gonna be OP.
Every god without escape Hi-Rez launch OP. See Achilles, Da Ji...

Both of those gods have an escape, X. Da Ji can dash to a friendly god while Achilles has his dodge and execute.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 22, 2018 10:57am | Report
No leap or dash still leaves a lot of potential options.
  • It could be similar to Loki's Vanish, with Baron stepping into a shadow world for a time and going invis with enhanced move speed, or like Discordia's Erratic Behavior, whether static or moving like Nu Wa's.

• It could be like a personal Banish or Portal, removing himself from being targeted for a time.

• It could just be a basic MS boost. Depending on duration and boost amount could still be strong.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 22, 2018 12:55pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Both of those gods have an escape, X. Da Ji can dash to a friendly god while Achilles has his dodge and execute.

But in both cases it's no a true escape. You need a friend near with Da Ji (or anything such as minions to teleport) and it also have a little delay to teleport and Achilles dodge is not a true escape 'cause it's too short. He have to waste his ultimate (his execute) to do a dash and it's stopped if some enemy enter in front of him

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » May 22, 2018 1:13pm | Report
Achilles still has a so called dash even if its short (and dont forget his heal. might not be an escape but it certainly helps) and Da Ji also has her two for MS and mitigation.

Not giving a god a leap or dash leaves options open for more creativity and to use the gods lore to their advantage. Doesnt mean they dont get anything, just means it might be elaborated differently.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 22, 2018 1:15pm | Report
Da Ji has an escape in her ultimate and situationally through her teleport (and also her 2 is good for escaping as well). Achilles has two escapes, the ult and the dash (yes it's small but it's still an escape).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 22, 2018 1:25pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Da Ji has an escape in her ultimate and situationally through her teleport (and also her 2 is good for escaping as well). Achilles has two escapes, the ult and the dash (yes it's small but it's still an escape).

Her One Thousand Cuts helps to escape sometimes due the mitigation you receive and slow immunity. And using Combat Dodge, the only thing I escaped were 2 basic attacks :v . I just count it as a simple dodge, nothing more.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 22, 2018 1:29pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

But in both cases it's no a true escape. You need a friend near with Da Ji (or anything such as minions to teleport) and it also have a little delay to teleport and Achilles dodge is not a true escape 'cause it's too short. He have to waste his ultimate (his execute) to do a dash and it's stopped if some enemy enter in front of him

You might think about redefining what an escape move means to you. Dashes, leaps, and teleports are the most common, but I would open it up to ALSO include anything that allows you to bypass some incoming damage. Also, are you defining an escape based on the distance traveled?

Da Ji has a situational escape in her Trickster Spirit, but it's an escape in that move nonetheless. Her ult puts her out of harms way for a LONG time.

Keep in mind Achilles' Combat Dodge is a unique move that is better when played offensively, but can relocate him a short distance twice if he connects on the hit immediately after the first dodge. And you cannot use that Ult as an example of not qualifying as an escape. If you're saying that being able to block the escape means it's not an escape, well then, Medusa's Lacerate is the same...so she doesn't have an escape either? And Discordia's leap is a very short distance...there are many, many gods that have situational or limited escapes...but they're still escapes.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }