Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones 55 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 23, 2013 7:58am | Report
So some people like to whine about ANhur needing a nerf.
Anhur is my favorite god so of course when I see some of the ideas people say Its no wonder why he never will get a nerf because people come up with some horrible ideas to just completely ruin him.

So post some ideas you think would legit make people stop complaining about him but at the same time leaving him as the same good old anhur just tweaked a bit.

- I was thinking earlier. What is the one thing that people are so upset over Anhur about. What is the one thing that they could fix if they only had one choice to fix one thing.
Tell me if I'm right or wrong but I just took a guess and told myself that people are probably most mad at his jump escape. I mean I'm getting this is the main issue or no?

So what I was wondering is if this idea would make people finally shut about about Anhur or would they still want more nerfs.

- Okay what if we took Anhurs current jump and just tweaked it to basically act the same but take the escape over walls out so he can no longer do that. I imagine it looking like a jump dash. Its not like the current big jump but its not a dash either. It would kind of look like fenrir's jump but of course more dasy and cool looking.

This means when you fight a Anhur such as myself, I will no longer be able to jump through a buff wall to escape. I will no longer be able to jump over any wall period.

BUT

I still want the jump to be just high enough to clear most skills.
I would want it high enough to clear common sense skills.
For example a sobek tail whip would only be able to stop the jump when you are about to jump or slightly lifting off the ground. The jump should no longer be cancelable by a move like this once over head.

The only moves that would cancle anhurs new jump/dash would be like hebos 3 which can extend vertically to hit him. I'm not sure how the new dash/jump would work with the old slow speed of the higher jump so it might need to be slightly faster for it to be workable.

________________________________________________________________________________________What do you think of this jump, would you like this change better or not?
Would it satisfy most people or not? What I basically did was this

* Left Anhur still able to jump + Impale
* Took away the wall jump from the jump so it cannot be used like before as some crazy escape
* Anhur can get his jump canceled from mid air by vertical attacks like hebo's 3.
* Possibly speed up the jump since it would be lower and therfor would take to long with the lowered height of the jump.

Basically took away the escape but it can still be used to initiate and pull of the jump combo.

________________________________________________________________________________________Reasoning behind a jump that still clears some skills.
Because it would be countered by almost all skills and the only way to counter that would be to make the tiny ground jump even that much faster. But with it being that fast it would end up being to fast for people to react to.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 23, 2013 8:08am | Report
IMO, anhur is balanced

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Retributi0n » July 23, 2013 8:33am | Report
I have to agree, I think Anhur is in a really good place right now. Compare him to Apollo and he isn't strong enough if you ask me. They gave Apollo way too much.

Retributi0n
<eSports Writer>

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 23, 2013 8:44am | Report
No, apollo is not too strong late game, kinda hard to use. The strongest one is Neith compare this one
Anhur : Slow and buff, jump, stun BUT push them back, burst damage ult
Apollo : Dash and slow and move buff, normal damage, mesmerize BUT need to be close, chasing ult but make you open to enemies
Neith : Root with pretty high damage and could be area, heal and damage which could heal half of your health late game with many weaves, VERY easy jump and attack too, worldwide ult without you moving

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 23, 2013 10:11am | Report
Anhur doesn't need a nerf!
Both Neith and Apollo gives more to a team than Anhur, though he is extremely good 1v1.

As of now I would put Anhur in the B tier together with Xbalanque, Cupid and Artemis in the C tier and of course Neith and Apollo in the A tier when it comes to ad carries.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 23, 2013 3:54pm | Report

Anhur doesn't need a nerf!
Both Neith and Apollo gives more to a team than Anhur, though he is extremely good 1v1.

As of now I would put Anhur in the B tier together with Xbalanque, Cupid and Artemis in the C tier and of course Neith and Apollo in the A tier when it comes to ad carries.

Actually, my god sir, Anhur is one, if not the most OP god of the game. He has all that CC and is a carry. This is not fair. Anhur's CC is supposed to be a tank CC. So Anhur has a leap with knock to side, knock back, a stun, a slow and a wall. And a steroid ultimate. Why do you think Anhur is on EVERY tournament on competitive? He is so OP!

And Anhur can bring a lot of more to his team, with all the CC described above.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 23, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Actually, my god sir, Anhur is one, if not the most OP god of the game. He has all that CC and is a carry. This is not fair. Anhur's CC is supposed to be a tank CC. So Anhur has a leap with knock to side, knock back, a stun, a slow and a wall. And a steroid ultimate. Why do you think Anhur is on EVERY tournament on competitive? He is so OP!

And Anhur can bring a lot of more to his team, with all the CC described above.

Don't forget that his ultimate makes him immune to CC as well. Although I wouldn't call him op, just a tad more viable than some of the other ADC.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 23, 2013 4:21pm | Report
The reason that his ult is cc immune is so he can't get interrupted during his animation. There has been a lot of hard cc lately on most gods so If he wasn't cc immune his ult could be stopped before 3 spears would be fired and his ult would be down right useless.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 23, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Personally, I believe the major problem with Anhur is the fact that he literally has an effective escape on all four of his skills, combined with the fact that two of his skills can set up easy combos for his other two skills. He has overwhelming potential to initiate, secure a kill, and escape with little-to-no-risk. It's absurd.

I think that his Shifting Sands should be reworked completely into simply Desert Obelisk. *Maybe* make it -slightly+ larger, but completely remove the sands and therefore:
1. The stupid damage steroid.
2. The amazing slow that ensures Anhur's escape and hinders the enemy's escapes.
3. The ease of landing Impale on it.

It could still be used skillfully to stop projectiles, slightly increase pathway distance, and could still be used for his Impale combo, and now in won't have an escape on EVERY SKILL.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 23, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

Don't forget that his ultimate makes him immune to CC as well. Although I wouldn't call him op, just a tad more viable than some of the other ADC.

Exactly. He is just a powercreep'd god. nerf his cc and it will be fine, imo.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }