Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones 55 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BabbyBeef » July 25, 2013 11:56am | Report
So here is how ranged adc's are right now
Anhur: Highest base physical power very low base attack speed abilities scale moderately 80% on impale (does not penetrate through multiple gods) ult is strong early-mid game.
Apollo: second highest base physical and moderate attack speed strong scaling with penetrating nuke strong escape and split pushing ult dealing high damage.
Neith low PP but highest AS but coupled with extremely reliable hard cc and global ultimate is strong escape can only go backward and as such bad for chasing.

There are your top tiers in a fight Anhur will loose to Apollo late game provided you build correctly. Neith has very strong abilities and can influence a team fight better with them, also alot of Anhurs damage is single target. All in all as a competitive player I will say Anhur is not op.

Last of all, You are fabulous.
Swagmeister <3

BabbyBeef

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 25, 2013 11:57am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Honestly, Anhur needs it more, not much more. It more, because say Anhur gets stunned, it cancels. Say he gets silenced, it cancels. Say he gets knocked up, it cancels. His is a quick burst. While bakasura's is a buff over 8 seconds I think. Now I'm not saying Baka doesnt need CC immunity, because he does. But Anhur needs it more because otherwise his ult is easily canceled.

1. Anhur can use it immediately after he lands the stun from his Impale, so his enemy will be a sitting duck and there's nothing the team can do to stop him.
2. The fact that it would cancel upon CC doesn't change the fact that its range is far longer than Bakasura's. If Bakasura goes in and ults, he'll instantly be CC'd and will be completely and utterly useless because by the time he's out of the CC, no one with half a brain will still be near him. Anhur can use it further away, making the amount of enemies who can CC him drastically smaller.
3. Anhur has many means outside of his ultimate to, not only deal damage, but also zone, CC, and escape. He doesn't need the CC immunity, because it gives him a fourth effective escape.

BabbyBeef wrote:

Anhur's voicepack is OP, I demand a nerf!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 8:48am | Report

1. Anhur can use it immediately after he lands the stun from his Impale, so his enemy will be a sitting duck and there's nothing the team can do to stop him.
2. The fact that it would cancel upon CC doesn't change the fact that its range is far longer than Bakasura's. If Bakasura goes in and ults, he'll instantly be CC'd and will be completely and utterly useless because by the time he's out of the CC, no one with half a brain will still be near him. Anhur can use it further away, making the amount of enemies who can CC him drastically smaller.
3. Anhur has many means outside of his ultimate to, not only deal damage, but also zone, CC, and escape. He doesn't need the CC immunity, because it gives him a fourth effective escape.

YOu realize the problem is that you are comparing Anhur to Bakasura like they are even in the same class.

If you haven't realized by now ANY GOD YOU COMPARE TO BAKASURA makes him look bad besides a few gods, lol its not just Anhur.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 8:50am | Report
BabbyBeef wrote:

So here is how ranged adc's are right now
Anhur: Highest base physical power very low base attack speed abilities scale moderately 80% on impale (does not penetrate through multiple gods) ult is strong early-mid game.
Apollo: second highest base physical and moderate attack speed strong scaling with penetrating nuke strong escape and split pushing ult dealing high damage.
Neith low PP but highest AS but coupled with extremely reliable hard cc and global ultimate is strong escape can only go backward and as such bad for chasing.

There are your top tiers in a fight Anhur will loose to Apollo late game provided you build correctly. Neith has very strong abilities and can influence a team fight better with them, also alot of Anhurs damage is single target. All in all as a competitive player I will say Anhur is not op.

Apollos passive is pretty scary when he has so much crit and power.
Sometimes I have to remind myself about his damn passive before he crits me so fast that I die before I even hit him with 3 attacks.

I must say a good apollo is quite annoying to face, that stun + dash has to be the most annoying thing. People underestimate apollo for some reason.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 9:07am | Report
ICEN wrote:
YOu realize the problem is that you are comparing Anhur to Bakasura like they are even in the same class.

If you haven't realized by now ANY GOD YOU COMPARE TO BAKASURA makes him look bad besides a few gods, lol its not just Anhur.

I do realize that, silly. The reason I brought up Bakasura was specifically in response to you stating:
ICEN wrote:

You must not realize how much ANhur needs CC immunity on his ult then.

Yes lets be able to cancel anhurs ult with ease when no other gods get their ults canceled.

It was not done to make Anhur look overpowered because, as you said, you could compare almost any god to Bakasura and they'll look.

I have given my reasons earlier on in this thread that you have not responded to. Let me repeat them again:

Anhur has an effective escape on all four skills, and excellent initiation on two of his skills, which combo into his other two skills. He has almost no risk of initiating and then escaping if he doesn't get the kill.

And my suggested *single* nerf would be to remove the sands from his Shifting Sands and rename it Desert Obelisk.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 9:10am | Report

Ummmm that is complete ****, anhur is still going to get his Ult canceled 90% of the time UNLESS he fights a single target all game which will never happen.

Honestly I have no clue how you tried to make what you said work because it still makes no sense.

You said "Impale your target and they are a sitting duck, you then make it even worst by saying quote THERE IS NOTHING THEIR TEAM CAN DO"

No... just no.....

What the hell do you mean there is nothing their team can do?

I might be crazy or something but I'm pretty sure if I am Anhur in a team fight and impale someone from the other team in a team fight the whole entire team can cancel his ult with ease if he had no CC immunity.

The ONLY way he would be able to use his ult with no CC immunity would mean you would have to fight ONE GOD all game and you would NEVER be allowed to use your ult in a team fight other wise it would get canceled so easy that it makes BASTETS ULT LOOK GOOD!!!!

Ands thats pretty bad!

This is how useless his ult will become : again explain to me how the other team cannot stop anhurs ult if he had no cc because I'm sure Anhurs ult will be the new laughing stalk of smite even worst then ares or bastet's.

Gods that will stop Anhurs ULT.

- Agni's stun
- Anhurs Impale
- Anubis wrap stun
- Aprho's Ult/stun
- apollos stun
- arachne cripple
- ares ult or chains
- artemis traps or ult
- athena taunt
- bachuss stun burp
- chang'e
- chronos will rewind time
- cupids ult or stun
- fenirs stun jump
- freya ult counter
- guan yu ult counter
- hades silence or ult or he will just escape away
- will hebos water sprout stop it?
- hel will CC herself or allies
- hercules 1 stun on low hp or his 2 i think can not sure if his 2 would count
- hunbatz ult or escape will run
- isis stun or silence
- loki ult or invisible
- ne zha 3
- neith root or ult
- pos cripple or ult
- sobek throw, tail whip
- thors stun or ult
- is vamanas knock up a cc? if so then him too
- XBL ult stun
- ymir stun
- zues stun

So again you say that the team cannot stop Anhur's Ult there is nothing they can do if he had no CC immunity? LOL

Ya after seeing how many gods can stop and counter his ult if it had no CC immunity It jut makes me laugh at the thought of trying even say his ult would be good without it having CC immunity.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 9:12am | Report

I do realize that, silly. The reason I brought up Bakasura was specifically in response to you stating:

It was not done to make Anhur look overpowered because, as you said, you could compare almost any god to Bakasura and they'll look.

I have given my reasons earlier on in this thread that you have not responded to. Let me repeat them again:

Anhur has an effective escape on all four skills, and excellent initiation on two of his skills, which combo into his other two skills. He has almost no risk of initiating and then escaping if he doesn't get the kill.

And my suggested *single* nerf would be to remove the sands from his Shifting Sands and rename it Desert Obelisk.
WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS SAYING I HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO NERFING ANHUR????

WTF????

Um do you notice what I titled this thread???

I have already told you 2 ways to nerf/balance him while keeping him playable and not messing him up.

I guess your right! I did not respond at all! cough cough this thread was about me making nerfs but I guess that didn't count as a respond.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 9:41am | Report
ICEN wrote:
Ummmm that is complete ****, anhur is still going to get his Ult canceled 90% of the time UNLESS he fights a single target all game which will never happen.

Honestly I have no clue how you tried to make what you said work because it still makes no sense.

You said "Impale your target and they are a sitting duck, you then make it even worst by saying quote THERE IS NOTHING THEIR TEAM CAN DO"

No... just no.....

What the hell do you mean there is nothing their team can do?

I might be crazy or something but I'm pretty sure if I am Anhur in a team fight and impale someone from the other team in a team fight the whole entire team can cancel his ult with ease if he had no CC immunity.

The first two points kind of blended together, but I made them separate because they could each stand on their own. Yes, the whole entire team could cancel his ult, and that's how it should be if you use it poorly; it has a longer range and a short duration, as well as going through anything and everyone. The enemy team will still have to land the CC at long-range, and they'd have to have some pretty damn good reaction time to stop even half of it.

ICEN wrote:
The ONLY way he would be able to use his ult with no CC immunity would mean you would have to fight ONE GOD all game and you would NEVER be allowed to use your ult in a team fight other wise it would get canceled so easy that it makes BASTETS ULT LOOK GOOD!!!!

Ands thats pretty bad!

Bastet's ultimate is not meant to be used in a teamfight; it fits her role as an assassin: keeping the enemy slowed along with a constant source of damage. The only problem with her ultimate is how easily certain gods can escape from it. Anhur's on the other hand, is both excellent for shredding your helpless Impaled target, or finishing off fleeing foes. After all, a tank cannot body block it as it goes through everything. His ultimate is not overpowered in itself, but combined with his kit he has four effective escapes due to its CC immunity.

ICEN wrote:
This is how useless his ult will become : again explain to me how the other team cannot stop anhurs ult if he had no cc because I'm sure Anhurs ult will be the new laughing stalk of smite even worst then ares or bastet's.
I said they currently cannot stop it because he does have CC immunity.

ICEN wrote:
]Gods that will stop Anhurs ULT.

- Agni's stun
Takes time to setup and is relatively short-ranged. If you let him get a Rain Fire stun on you from range, that's your own fault.

- Anhurs Impale
Yes, it would, albeit some proper positioning would be required.

- Anubis wrap stun
Yes, it would.

- Aprho's Ult/stun
Her stun would, yes. Her ultimate nullifies now, anyways, because no matter how much CC immunity you get, you won't be able to penetrate that bubble.

- apollos stun
Extreme close range.

- arachne cripple
Um, no it wouldn't? Her silence would, but that's in extreme close range. He Cocoon would, but that's her ultimate and it's very hard to hit a moving target with it.

- ares ult or chains
Chains would not stop it. His ult would stop it if you're stupid enough to blow your ultimate it after he casts his.

- artemis traps or ult
The traps will not stop it, and her ult has a delay. Hell you could even kill the pig in the time it takes to stun you.

- athena taunt
Close range.

- bachuss stun burp
His leap would, but if you're stupid enough to cast your ult during his burp, that's your fault. After all, it takes three seconds for his burp to stun.

- chang'e
Yes, and she would have to blow her ultimate was well. And I would hope she could stop you, as otherwise there'd she could do to protect her teammates. As a support god, that's pretty bad.

- chronos will rewind time
That would happen whether or not Anhur has CC immunity.

- cupids ult or stun
His ult would not unless you activate it after he casts his. In that case, it's your fault. CC immunity actually counters HIS ultimate.

- fenirs stun jump
He needs 5 runes in order for it to stun.

- freya ult counter
She will avoid your damage whether you're immune to CC or not.

- guan yu ult counter
The silence wouldn't happen for over two seconds. It would be your fault if you casted your ultimate after he ults. And in its current form, ANHUR's counters Guan Yu's.

- hades silence or ult or he will just escape away
Close range on the silence, his ultimate will not cancel your ultimate. You also should not have another get-out-of-Hades's-ultimate free card when you already have a leap.
His teleport would happen whether or not you keep your CC immunity.

- will hebos water sprout stop it?
Yes, it would.

- hel will CC herself or allies
I don't know how or why Hel would place crowd control on herself or allies (joking, I know what you meant) but the fact that she can get allies out of your stun would happen whether or not you're immune to CC.

- hercules 1 stun on low hp or his 2 i think can not sure if his 2 would count
Both his 1 and 2 should count, even if he's not at low HP (I think).

- hunbatz ult or escape will run
His ultimate will stop yours, yes. Him leaping will happen whether or not you're immune to CC.

- isis stun or silence
Probably the best counter to your ultimate if you lost your CC immunity.

- loki ult or invisible
Yes, don't think it'd be too safe for him, though. Him going invisible would happen regardless of your CC immunity.

- ne zha 3
Yes, it would.

- neith root or ult
Her root would not stop it, and she'd have to use her ult to stop your ult, and for it to do any damage she'd have to wind it up - giving you a longer time in your ultimate.

- pos cripple or ult
HIs cripple would not prevent your ult, and he'd have to use his Kraken directly on you instead of as a disruption to the entire enemy team.

- sobek throw, tail whip
First one yes, second one close range.

- thors stun or ult
First one yes, second one it would be your fault for casting your ult when he's in the air.

- is vamanas knock up a cc? if so then him too
His dash would cancel it, yes, but you should see that coming and do your best to dodge it.

- XBL ult stun
Um, don't move?

- ymir stun
Close range.

- zues stun
Don't cast your ultimate when he has three stacks on you?

ICEN wrote:
So again you say that the team cannot stop Anhur's Ult there is nothing they can do if he had no CC immunity? LOL
Again, I said that in its current CC immunity state, there's nothing the team can do.

ICEN wrote:
Ya after seeing how many gods can stop and counter his ult if it had no CC immunity It jut makes me laugh at the thought of trying even say his ult would be good without it having CC immunity.

It would not be near as good as it is now, that's for sure. It would still be an excellent ult because it goes through everything and has a long range. It would be your fault for it being interrupted if you use it at stupid times.

In its current situation, CC immunity gives him FOUR escapes. My nerf to him was not to remove CC immunity from his ultimate, but to remove the sands from his first spell and turn it into Desert Obelisk.

The only reason I brought up the CC immunity on his ultimate is because you said all the other gods have it, and I simply brought up Bakasura who needs it much more than Anhur does.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 26, 2013 9:42am | Report
ICEN wrote:

WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS SAYING I HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO NERFING ANHUR????

WTF????

Um do you notice what I titled this thread???

I have already told you 2 ways to nerf/balance him while keeping him playable and not messing him up.

I guess your right! I did not respond at all! cough cough this thread was about me making nerfs but I guess that didn't count as a respond.

Calm down, silly. I said you haven't responded to *my* posts. I never stated you haven't had your own personal nerfs, and I think they're viable ones. I would still prefer to just have his Shifting Sands turned into Desert Obelisk.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 26, 2013 9:48am | Report
Anyway, with my high Pings, i only able to land around 3 spears from anhur's ult. But all in all, Bakasura's ult is actually very weak to start. Without his 3 it will be nothing. But Anhur needs it more because it is a SKILL while bakasura's is a BUFF and SLOW

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }