Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nerf Anhur Ideas Legit ones 55 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 23, 2013 7:16pm | Report
For once, ICEN actually is correct about something, and that is the fact that Anhur is overpowered, and has been ever since his release.

The only reason why he doesn't get nerfed? He's a high skillcap god of whom actually being good with him takes a lot of practice, and your average player will never show you the OP side of Anhur. A lot of noobs end up lowering his overall winrate so he only looks like he's balanced.

But anyone who's reached that skill theshold will stomp all over any fool that takes him lightly. He's got lots of CC, both soft and hard, he's got steroids, he's got a debuff on his basic attack, and every move in his kit can be used as some form of escape. He has one of the most bloated kits in the entire game. Anyone who knows just how to use every tool in Anhur's kit is a force to be reckoned with.

I find it very laughable that anyone thinks Neith is overpowered. She is probably the weakest of the physical ranged gods when it comes to the lategame, even worse than Cupid, and it's all because she is the only one without any form of a steroid. If she's forced into lategame, she will lose to the opponent's carry unless she has a gold lead over them. She's strongest in the early-mid game, but if the match keeps dragging on, she kinda falls off, and if she has to build defensively to survive, her ability to carry the team is greatly crippled.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 23, 2013 11:06pm | Report
Well I disagree that the obelisk + Impale combo is quote "EASY"

Easy is something you label such as a cone skill like ymir.

How can you possibly call, lining up a obelisk which by the way has no way of showing where the obelisk pops up, you basically have to put the middle of the sands behind them and hope you got the middle exactly behind them, you have to follow them perfectly if they are moving and keep it directly behind them. You then have to extremely fast throw impale out.

I don't get how that is a quote "Easy" thing to do.
Maybe its easy if you have a nub that sits still and lets you take time but your not going to be doing it so easy that your landing that combo even 80% of the time unless they are moving in a strait line.

If they are standing still it CAN BE somewhat easy but if they are moving I wouldn't call it easy. I never have seen any noob pull that combo off. Easy to me, means that anyone can do it.
Anyone can not just pick up anhur and do that combo even 50% of the time.

I have only been hit by that combo a very low amount of times and it had to be by players that play anhur because I don't see a new player picking up anhur and doing that combo.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 23, 2013 11:19pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

For once, ICEN actually is correct about something, and that is the fact that Anhur is overpowered, and has been ever since his release.

The only reason why he doesn't get nerfed? He's a high skillcap god of whom actually being good with him takes a lot of practice, and your average player will never show you the OP side of Anhur. A lot of noobs end up lowering his overall winrate so he only looks like he's balanced.

But anyone who's reached that skill theshold will stomp all over any fool that takes him lightly. He's got lots of CC, both soft and hard, he's got steroids, he's got a debuff on his basic attack, and every move in his kit can be used as some form of escape. He has one of the most bloated kits in the entire game. Anyone who knows just how to use every tool in Anhur's kit is a force to be reckoned with.

I find it very laughable that anyone thinks Neith is overpowered. She is probably the weakest of the physical ranged gods when it comes to the lategame, even worse than Cupid, and it's all because she is the only one without any form of a steroid. If she's forced into lategame, she will lose to the opponent's carry unless she has a gold lead over them. She's strongest in the early-mid game, but if the match keeps dragging on, she kinda falls off, and if she has to build defensively to survive, her ability to carry the team is greatly crippled.
The thing is why people rage about him isn't because the skills are over powered, its because they consider the kit overpowered because they say he has quote
"TOO MUCH".

For example : If you take all of Anhur's skills and seperate them you will notice none of them are really OP, but when you give them all to Anhur people call it OP even though I think most people mean OP as in, "Anhur's kit has too much"

I also thought of another thing to do with his jump besides the other things I mentioned. Make the jump a little bit shorter and I was thinking about fixing the AOE on his jump landing. You know the circle AOE of Anhur's jump, make it a bit smaller so it is now used for single targets or fix it like this :

Instead of the jump being showing a circle where you land it will be a half circle instead. The half circle will mean, when you land you knock up a god that is to the LEFT, RIGHT, OR UP in front of you. HOw ever the back of Anhur cannot be knocked up when he lands.

So what I'm thinking in the short term is :
* Take anhur's jump and lower it which will look more like a dash jump
* SHorter the distance of his jump slightly not too short.
* Speed the jump up slightly since its shorter and lower to the ground
* The jump can no longer go over walls
* Rework his AOE knockup and make the circle into a half circle that only hits the sides and front of anhur when he lands.
* The AOE on anhur's jump will be slightly reduced into a smaller circle or half circle.

IMO, people would now not complaint that anhur can escape over walls which is alot of the problem. People can not complain that his jump is useless because it still knocks up. The range is slightly reduced so people cannot complain that its a better escape or some non sense they would try to rage about every time a new fix is made. The rage has also been shortered because I want Anhur to take more skill in his jump, meaning its used to pounce on someone that is decently close to you to close the short gap and knock them up.

Since its slightly faster I want to reduce the AOE into a smaller half circle so that you will have to actually be good with your jump and make sure you are going to hit your target other wise they will be outside of the now smaller slightly AOE and you will miss your knockup.

Lastly, I took away the knockup from the back of anhur because he does not need to knock up enemies behind him. It would also add a little bit more skill with using his knockup because now you will have to make sure when turning your jump you are going to hit the sides or the front.

________________________________________________________________________________________Also you cannot just nerf EVERYTHING about anhur. Pick one thing and fix it for now if you want some type of nerf. You cannot ask for a complete nerf on every single skill he has. If you want something you need to start from somewhere.

For those of you who want to know what the half circle would look like for his jump.
It would not look like a literally cut in half circle. Imagine a full donut. Now imaging cutting the donut in half. You would have a half circle but the middle would be hollowed out so you see the space of which anhur will land. Now you will add a bit of extra lengh on the sides to make sure the side of anhurs body can create knockup but the back of his body will be empty since no one can get knocked up from behind him.

Or if thats not good enough you could just rework it to where the frong of him only knocks people up. So you will have to face their direction when you land.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shail50 » July 24, 2013 9:39am | Report
I would remove the stun of Impale (with the push that ability is still good), the knockup produced by his jump, and the damage buff of Shifting Sands (with the passive he still outdamage the other ranged physical gods). Maybe i overshoot a bit with the nerf, but i think at least one of the features i said should be removed.

Well this is just my opinion, if you dont agree, argue respectfully. And i apologize my english mistakes

Shail50

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 24, 2013 10:29am | Report
What that is insane! I know its your opinion but damn! You said no more stun from impale! Thats pretty much destroying who anhur is!

Here this is why it would destroy him.
Anhur rely's on his Impale to use his combo.
I hope you don't exepct Anhur to use his ULT Like a wanaa be Ra snipe because hes just going to miss 6 out of 8 spears doing that. You need to your target to stand still to be able to hit your ult which is why he has a stun skill shot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have thought of 2 ways to nerf Anhur but balance him.

#1 Rework on his jump which I balanced out and said why it would balance him

#2 this is my second thought to fix SHIFTING SANDS.

Shifting Sands :
The sand life time and obelisk life time are now seperated.
The life time of the sand is 5's at all ranks and the slow is reduced to 5/10/15/20/25%
The life time of the obelisk is 5's but gains 1.5 second life time if you impale a god onto it.

In other words if it has been 5's and you impale a god onto the obelisk, the obelisk will stay up for another 1.5's but the sands will disappear after its normal 5's.

Now I have two thoughts on what happens when you impale a god onto a obelisk.
#1 Either have anhur's ult do slightly more damage or have him gain extra penetration for a few seconds.

Now this is something I added since I took away his physical basic attack buff and reduced all the other things and made it way more fair. I was thinking his jump will do slight more damage if enemies in the sand get hit.

Now I know this sounds like hes getting buffed because of all the nerfs I gave him but if you go re read what I put I actually made him nerfed and his buffs only come from the impale onto the obelisk which will require skill and even more skill now that I lowered the time on the obelisk, sand and reduce the sand slow.

I found a way that imo, balances both his JUMP AND SHIFTING SANDS although I am still working on his shifting sands a bit.

What do you think about the shifting sands is it a good enough balance or not.
Keep in mind I am including this with the jump fix I thought of.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » July 24, 2013 11:45am | Report
I feel as anhur might need a buff but just to his 2 the circle for the pilar need to be there!

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shail50 » July 24, 2013 12:23pm | Report
I think Ranged physical gods shouldnt have a stun. The "difficulty" of ranged gods is to hit with their basic attacks (and that's not really difficult), and having a stun makes it pretty easy to hit 2 or 3 times to kill or leave the enemy with low health. Neith's 1st ability has a root, which is easily avoided by most of the gods with a leap/sprint/teleport (even though its still a bit op ability). Artemis Calydonian Boar is at least a final, so she cannot spam it to continuous easy kills. Impale by itself does a lot of damage and push backwards the enemy god, for me the stun is dispensable.

The final of Anhur (which i think needs a buff in power contribuition) needs few skill to be used after the stun, and you secure most of the hits. Even without a stun, Anhur has an obelisk to trap the enemy god, making his final to require average skill. Ra's final is a skill shot, it starts like a second after you cast it, Ra is unable to move for the duration, and it's animation is unmistakeable. Impale is pretty fast, powerful, with few time bettwen the cast and the appearance of the spear, and doesnt root Anhur for the duration. After playing Ra for long time, i hit like 95% of the impales with anhur.

The leap of Anhur does a bit low damage (i would buff it), but the knockback that produces makes the ability pretty good. Even though you are the one attacking, you have a clear frame advantage, letting you to summon the obelisk to secure the kill. It is not an op ability, but besides the other Anhur abilities its perfect for comboing.

Anhur's passive in my opinion is a bit strong, i would make it with stacks (like 5%/10%/15%) because a 15% power reduction with only one hit of a basic attack (And also having the Shifting Sands power buff, makes the power difference too big for the enemy god to outdamage you).

And Shifting Sands have an enormous radius, with a slow, a damage buff and an obelisk inside. I find the damage buff excessive, and also considering the passive.

This is my opinion and i am not saying Anhur needs these nerfs, i only told what i see of good in each of his abilities, none of them are op, but all together with a ranged physical god seems too good FOR ME. Sorry for my bad english

Shail50

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 24, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Shail50 wrote:

I think Ranged physical gods shouldnt have a stun. The "difficulty" of ranged gods is to hit with their basic attacks (and that's not really difficult), and having a stun makes it pretty easy to hit 2 or 3 times to kill or leave the enemy with low health. Neith's 1st ability has a root, which is easily avoided by most of the gods with a leap/sprint/teleport (even though its still a bit op ability). Artemis Calydonian Boar is at least a final, so she cannot spam it to continuous easy kills. Impale by itself does a lot of damage and push backwards the enemy god, for me the stun is dispensable.

The final of Anhur (which i think needs a buff in power contribuition) needs few skill to be used after the stun, and you secure most of the hits. Even without a stun, Anhur has an obelisk to trap the enemy god, making his final to require average skill. Ra's final is a skill shot, it starts like a second after you cast it, Ra is unable to move for the duration, and it's animation is unmistakeable. Impale is pretty fast, powerful, with few time bettwen the cast and the appearance of the spear, and doesnt root Anhur for the duration. After playing Ra for long time, i hit like 95% of the impales with anhur.

The leap of Anhur does a bit low damage (i would buff it), but the knockback that produces makes the ability pretty good. Even though you are the one attacking, you have a clear frame advantage, letting you to summon the obelisk to secure the kill. It is not an op ability, but besides the other Anhur abilities its perfect for comboing.

Anhur's passive in my opinion is a bit strong, i would make it with stacks (like 5%/10%/15%) because a 15% power reduction with only one hit of a basic attack (And also having the Shifting Sands power buff, makes the power difference too big for the enemy god to outdamage you).

And Shifting Sands have an enormous radius, with a slow, a damage buff and an obelisk inside. I find the damage buff excessive, and also considering the passive.

This is my opinion and i am not saying Anhur needs these nerfs, i only told what i see of good in each of his abilities, none of them are op, but all together with a ranged physical god seems too good FOR ME. Sorry for my bad english
Wanna test that out in joust? I bet you impale me no where near 95% of the time with Anhur. You think Anhurs ult can be used by taking his stun away and using the obelisk which is super small in with to block them LOL.

Ya its not ymirs wall their buddy its a very tiny area and your not going to be blocking people in corners with it and nobody is going to let you put them in a corner anyways. Also that would require you to get melee range and block the other side.

Ra's snipe is much easier than Anhurs ult to lane WHEN YOU HAVE NO IMPALE STUN.
WHen you impale its easy but not without the stun.

I can garuentee that with Anhur YOU WILL NOT

A: Hit me with 95% of your stun impales
B: Kill me with your ult without stunning me SINCE IT TAKES AVERAGE SKILL WITHOUT IMPALE
C : You will not trap me with the obelisk at all.
D : You will not use Anhur's Ult and think its an easy version of Ra's sit still super long range ONE SHOT when Anhur has to stay on target with 8 spears.

Hey what do I know I'm only a god rank 10 legendary with him I'm a nub, I always thought his ult was hard with no stun at decent ranges on moving gods but I guess this whole time I was playing with a easy ult!!!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 24, 2013 4:26pm | Report
I have an idea of doing a ranged AD carry competition

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 24, 2013 4:34pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Actually, my god sir, Anhur is one, if not the most OP god of the game. He has all that CC and is a carry. This is not fair. Anhur's CC is supposed to be a tank CC. So Anhur has a leap with knock to side, knock back, a stun, a slow and a wall. And a steroid ultimate. Why do you think Anhur is on EVERY tournament on competitive? He is so OP!

And Anhur can bring a lot of more to his team, with all the CC described above.

Steroid ultimate, are you kidding me? It is good early and mid game, but when it comes to late game you are better off using basic attacks (unless you can line it up so that you can hit multiple enemies with it). It is great for cc immunity though.

But yeah I might have been a bit harsh, but he isn't really a first adc pick anymore. Mostly it is either Apollo or Neith.

He is strong, but not OP imo at all. Personally I don't think any of the adc are OP, but if you nerfed Anhur you would have to nerf both Neith and Apollo too.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }