Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Tanks in the Jungle/Solo and Pushing Viability

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Tanks in the Jungle/Solo and Pushing Viability 16 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

How Should We Handle This?
Make Pushing More Dangerous
Make Being Pushed Less Dangerous
Increase Tanks Solo/Jungle Clear
All of the Above?
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 25, 2014 7:48am | Report
Why would one want to give tanks more damage?

Everyone is already complaining about ADC having to much CC for the amount of damage they put out. Tanks/supports have more CC and they have already some of the highest base damage on their skills, giving them even more would just make a new problem IMO :P

I like the idea of making a minion clearing item though as a starter item (kind of like a mystical mark

I like those:
Minions within 20 feet take 2.5% of their health as damage every second.
Your basic attacks deal 25 additional damage to minions.
You deal 10% of your maximum health as additional damage on your basic attacks to minions. (not to jungle creeps and just your base health maybe?)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 25, 2014 8:03am | Report
Make being pushed more dangerous isn't an option?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » February 25, 2014 11:48am | Report
I said the same thing turnip, pushing is one of the most dangerous tactics oftentimes as enemies sit barely out of your sight until the time to strike appears. That, and getting pushed, especially early, isn't that bad outside of a few god such as apollo (because of how fast he does it,) Neith (She just jumps away,) and maybe AMC because hive coverage.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 25, 2014 1:09pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

i know your not saying they should replace them but it's that they will if they get the full viablity by making it so easy for them.

ymir, geb only have to build damage boots and can clear waves with it, after that they build full tank. thats no different from them building midas in duo then going full tank.

sobek can even do it from the start. just with mystical mark.

flexibiblity for one role in smite is known to kill the other. if you put tanks with good wave clear as a possiblity in smite then they will out class warriors because they will become the magical ecwivalant to them. and because of there scaling they will be more effective at it and because of their superior natural tankyness.

so warriors would be come supports and we will have tank wukongs and tank guan's and maybe tank chaac and it will be there only role because tanks will out class them.

maybe sun wukong would still be able to solo lane and maybe chaac and a very maybe vamana, but they would get it redicoulessly diffucult and would have a hard time.

tyr, guan yu, hercules and odin would be heavely out classed. just getting stunned, chain cc'd out of there skills.

all gods in solo lane needs some help in the beggining. i never said tanks didn't.

Let's go over this carefully.

Tanks have: More CC (some exceptions, like Tyr or Hercules)

Warriors have: Better waveclear (Some exceptions, like Ymir)

What they both have: Natural tankiness, high scalings. Hercules has literally ONE less physical protection than Sobek at level 1, and increase per level is identical. They also have identical base magical protections. Sobek uses two skills to waveclear and has combined 70% magical scalings. Herc has 140% physical scalings.

I don't really see the problem here.

You also say that tanks will be always chosen over bruisers. Firstly, we need to clarify what a bruiser is vs a tank.

To me, tanks build no pure damage items at all. Hybrid items like Shoes of Focus, Void Stone don't really count. Bruisers build damage items, like Warrior Tabi, Titan's Bane, etc.

So when I say tank, I am not just talking about Ymir, Sobek, or Athena. I also mean Hercules, Guan Yu, and Wukong. I want to let them build no damage items and still be able to survive in lane.

If you are choosing a tank to solo, you are sacrificing some damage for control of the lane and of the enemy team in teamfights, as well as roaming ganks. If you are choosing a bruiser to solo, you gain damage, which is also good for teamfights, as well as roaming ganks. Neither of them are better than the other. Yes, in some cases, you can interrupt a god's waveclear ability, BUT THESE ARE ALREADY THERE! Driving Strike, Fearless, 72 Transformations!

Lastly, the reason I want tanks to jungle/solo is because...tanks are a necessity. A team without a tank loses 90% of the time. Unfortunately, tanks can ONLY go in the duo lane. There is nothing else they can do, which means if anyone wants to support as a mage ( Aphrodite), they can't because the team needs a tank and IN THIS META THERE IS NO ROOM FOR A NONTANK SUPPORT!

So one team picks a mage support and a tank jungle and a warrior solo. The other team picks a tank solo, warrior support, and warrior jungle. Both sides are balanced and viable. This is what I want.

I hope this has made things clear.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 25, 2014 1:24pm | Report

Why would one want to give tanks more damage?

Everyone is already complaining about ADC having to much CC for the amount of damage they put out. Tanks/supports have more CC and they have already some of the highest base damage on their skills, giving them even more would just make a new problem IMO :P

I like the idea of making a minion clearing item though as a starter item (kind of like a mystical mark

I like those:
Minions within 20 feet take 2.5% of their health as damage every second.
Your basic attacks deal 25 additional damage to minions.
You deal 10% of your maximum health as additional damage on your basic attacks to minions. (not to jungle creeps and just your base health maybe?)
I never said they should increase their damage versus PLAYERS. They should be dealing nearly no damage due to their lack of power. I'm trying to build non-power ways of waveclear.

Honestly, this entire problem can be solved if the lanes were bigger. Pushing would become less desirable, especially with an enemy tank ready to CC you during a gank. Problem solved, tanks can now solo, and mages and whatnot can build power and support at the same time.

(As for tank jungling, well, I don't know. I think the % enemy health Mystical Mark effect would be the best one for jungling tanks.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » February 25, 2014 3:48pm | Report
Sub Zero no offense but you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Athena. she is the only Tank who can play in mid lane solo Lane dual Lane and jungle. The only role she can't play is AA based.

I have literally out pushed a Zeus with nothing but shroud and hog 2.

I went bruiser that game, but to stop the madness, those that build damage should outpush and out harass those who build defense. Tanks SHOULD NOT be viable anywhere built as tanks. Maybe built bruiser or damage, but not tanks.

Creationism

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }