Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: lets make smite fun again.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: lets make smite fun again. 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 16, 2014 10:31am | Report
so this is probebly the MOST important thing we can do with smite. MAKE IT MORE FUN

lately smite has just NOT been fun and i know a very large amount ofpeople who agree with me. even streamers/youtubers have not found it fun.

hirez has lately been focusing on making smite more optimized, more competitive and constant meta change's. the thing they have been completely neglecting is FUN.

when smite started hirez focused on fun. the reason so many gods have leaps is because they thought it would be fun just to name an example.

some of the probleme's.

MATCHMAKING this is the blue whale in the room. the matchmaking... is horrible and we have all expirienced it.
cookie cutter startagy.

this one is personall. example. having a adc in the midlane with a lane camping jungler. IT'S ACTUALLY EFFECTIVE. it is one of the must frustating things get in your lane and it should be less effective then your average jungler just going trough camps with every now and then.

the thing is its very effective when it should be puneching to respawn kill some lane. and its not with the exeption of competitive teams fighting.

and many more.

this also sort of intertwins into balencing but this threads main focus is just making the game fun again. which it hasn't been for a long time.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 16, 2014 10:56am | Report
Domination. Nuff said.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 16, 2014 10:57am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Domination. Nuff said.

Word

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 16, 2014 11:12am | Report
this has been said more then enough. moving on.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 16, 2014 11:31am | Report
Making the meta more flexible? Boy, I wish. But as long as pushing is the focus of lanes, the stagnant meta will still exist.

I also want Domination back.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » March 16, 2014 11:34am | Report
I feel that Qin's Sais passive needs to be changed a bit, and that something should be done to balance crits a little better.

I also think that we need more flexible item choices to allow for more diverse builds and playstyles.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 16, 2014 11:41am | Report
personally i would like a bit more of a dualling meta. jungler's fight junglers mids fight mid's or they figh 2v2 not ganking. i loved that in the old meta.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 16, 2014 11:43am | Report
Really like the motive of this thread..thumbs up all4!.. I will be short in this post and would like to ellaborate as the thread progresses.

We can focus on few questions here:

- What made smite fun when we started playing?
- is it fatigue or something else which reduced the fun factor?
- What are the practical remedies to bring back the fun element?

On matchmaking:

-I think the answers would somewhere touch the possibilities to make friends in game and play with them.
-Players can declare themselves as 'friendly', 'competitive', 'mentor' or watevr depending upon the way they approach the game.
-There should be option to create parties/solo qeueing depending upon the above classification.

New suggestive matchmaking tab:

Players can set qeueing preference.
There could be other ways to fix things..i am all ears
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 16, 2014 11:53am | Report
Yeah, Qin's Sais needs a buff, maybe 8% of missing health. (JK)

Sasquatch, I don't disagree with your idea.

Hunters are boned in the item department, considering how Deathbringer and Warrior Tabi and Rage are already selected for them. They really do need more crit items.

Mages are actually in a decent spot right now. Since they removed Focused Void Stone, builds are no longer magi shoes + Breastplate of Valor + Focused Void Stone + Rod of Tahuti for everyone. It could be a bit more flexible, but compared to the others, mages are pretty good.

Bruisers generally have the most diverse build choice. That said, I'd like to see something like lifesteal or crit chance or some other item that is specifically tailored to bruisers.

Assassins are really weird right now. Since focused void blade was removed, they lost a lot of penetration. I'm not sure about this one.

Tanks have a decent selection of items, the problem is that Sovereignty and Breastplate of Valor are just too good. The magical protection items have it a bit better, but not by much. I guess more diverse choices of items are needed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 16, 2014 11:56am | Report
Parties won't change anything about matchmaking, because 90% of matches are played in solo queue.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }