Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lets make patch notes: lets make smite fun again.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lets make patch notes: lets make smite fun again. 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » March 16, 2014 12:10pm | Report
they need 4 man queue and ranked parties. then I would be happy.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 16, 2014 12:29pm | Report
Yeah matchmaking is just tottaly f'd up... Today I got matched with people over 30 masteries (I'm 15 masteries). This happens frequently. Or I get matched with people of level 20-22 (I'm level 28). If they fix the matchmaking I'll be happy.

I also would like 1v1 joust and domination back in casual, I still don't know why they got rid of those :(

I also heard there will be a 10v10 gamemode, so I'm really excited for that.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » March 16, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Yeah matchmaking is just tottaly f'd up... Today I got matched with people over 30 masteries (I'm 15 masteries). This happens frequently. Or I get matched with people of level 20-22 (I'm level 28). If they fix the matchmaking I'll be happy.

I also would like 1v1 joust and domination back in casual, I still don't know why they got rid of those :(

I also heard there will be a 10v10 gamemode, so I'm really excited for that.

I would really like the idea that matchmaking was influenced a bit more by total games played in the game mode but also the masteries, only downside you will keep meeting the same people and end up either upset or happy you keep meeting these people.

I really hope they add the 10v10 as it would make smite even more different from standard mobas but it should be quickpaced deathmatch not so much like arena where you get points from all minions and maybe more from kills so that people would focus on the kills more than the minions.

I also hope the map would be either mayan/hindu or chinese since we dont really have those.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 16, 2014 6:15pm | Report
I feel that a majority of the reason it lost it's fun is the players fault. I'll give an example of myself.

When I started playing, I built what I wanted, played how I wanted, and didn't care if I did bad doing it. I would try, but try to be different.

Now that I'm more into the game. I'm too worried about my stats; my W/L, my K/D, so on and so forth. When I do stupid stuff and try fun builds and don't take it so serious, I have so much more fun. If I balance going tryhard with joking around. I personally have just as much fun as when I started.

The only thing I can see that would make the game more fun is a TON more items. A ton of flexibility and options. So that people can have more fun messing around.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 16, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

I feel that a majority of the reason it lost it's fun is the players fault. I'll give an example of myself.

When I started playing, I built what I wanted, played how I wanted, and didn't care if I did bad doing it. I would try, but try to be different.

Now that I'm more into the game. I'm too worried about my stats; my W/L, my K/D, so on and so forth. When I do stupid stuff and try fun builds and don't take it so serious, I have so much more fun. If I balance going tryhard with joking around. I personally have just as much fun as when I started.

The only thing I can see that would make the game more fun is a TON more items. A ton of flexibility and options. So that people can have more fun messing around.

Chiulin as always right on the money!.. I guess flexibility in builds and experimenting without worrying is something most of us miss. Now we try not to make mistakes, have near perfect builds as if some reputation is as stake. Also, playing with friends is the most fun part. Few days back 4 of us SMFG players played a 2v2 assault and i playing he bo told our enemy thanatos " i need your blood!, need just 3 hits". I enjoy ranked too, its more intense and everygame is decided on 1 or 2 errors. But downfall of fun element for me is pivoted around 2 things and none of it is matchmaking:

- domination being removed
- Not getting to play leagues (queue issues)
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » March 16, 2014 7:34pm | Report
again, I like that fun with friends element, but it can't be done in ranked so I don't play ranked. If it could be done in ranked I think I'd have more fun with smite a s a whole.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 16, 2014 7:49pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Chiulin as always right on the money!.. I guess flexibility in builds and experimenting without worrying is something most of us miss. Now we try not to make mistakes, have near perfect builds as if some reputation is as stake. Also, playing with friends is the most fun part. Few days back 4 of us SMFG players played a 2v2 assault and i playing he bo told our enemy thanatos " i need your blood!, need just 3 hits". I enjoy ranked too, its more intense and everygame is decided on 1 or 2 errors. But downfall of fun element for me is pivoted around 2 things and none of it is matchmaking:

- domination being removed
- Not getting to play leagues (queue issues)

I agree domination should be added again, but it needs to be changed a bit.
The queue issues are just the lack of players.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 16, 2014 8:20pm | Report
Honestly you can't just force a meta change. It comes with who's effective, not what smite decides. That's up for us to change, not patches.

Otherwise, Dom has been called for but Kelly said it's probably not likely, due to how few people played it.

I dunno what to change tbh. I like the game. I want more variability in MotD possibly, but that's really it. There's a decent amount in smite :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » March 16, 2014 10:17pm | Report
You CAN change a META even without nerfing and buffing gods. Like how the season 3 and 4 of LoL change from a snowball (assassin, etc) to a late game fight (ziggs, etc) by changing the gold for kills, protections and gold from towers, etc

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » March 16, 2014 10:24pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

You CAN change a META even without nerfing and buffing gods. Like how the season 3 and 4 of LoL change from a snowball (assassin, etc) to a late game fight (ziggs, etc) by changing the gold for kills, protections and gold from towers, etc

We'll that's to exactly true seeing as how they nerfed Ahri and Zed rather hard. So you are kinda contradicting yourself.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }