Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Smite losing players?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Smite losing players? 51 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jinja » June 27, 2013 7:55am | Report
Recent Patch Updates:
Fog of War = LOL
Looks of new Conquest = LOL
Almost everything = LOL
-LeDerp Man

Jinja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 27, 2013 8:05am | Report
Fog of war is a moba feature though, not just LoL (and it was needed for counterjungling, ganking etc) :P

And where is the map the same as LoL?

The branching of items = LoL, that I can agree on and I don't like it to be honest.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 27, 2013 8:16am | Report
fog of war is a stupid feature in a third person moba, what's the point in line of sight if you don't see anything anyways?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 27, 2013 8:39am | Report
Wards?

But yeah I see your point, maybe making the view range a little longer. Being able to see straight trough the entire map was a bit stupid though if you ask me.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 27, 2013 8:47am | Report

Fog of war is a moba feature though, not just LoL (and it was needed for counterjungling, ganking etc) :P

And where is the map the same as LoL?

The branching of items = LoL, that I can agree on and I don't like it to be honest.

also the majorety of people made it very clear they don't want jungling so if they would listen to them then they didn't need to throw everything around for jungling in the first place.

counter jungling is redicoulesly expensive, ganking was already very possible now a lot less, the game got even more passive with this map because now you have to hug you tower even more because any ranged ad can just his you with what ever.

i am just waiting till we get those shrubery plant thing's you can hide in and a goddamm courier seems like it's going to be a thing at this rate of cloning.

a lot of people quit smite including competive teams simpley because of jungling. this hurt's the communty and smite especially now there trying to get e-sport's.

i love smite because of so many thing's and i dislike most other moba's for everything smite did different. that include's the emursivenes the 3rd person viem(seriously i hate the top down view) and a aggresivenes that you had in the game well... the agressive play got trhown out the window so why not the 3rd person view. why not take everything of INSERT NAME OF POPULAR MOBA HERE and put it into smite why not there already throwing everything smite did different out so why not more huh why not i mean it's not like people hate it's guts OH WAIT they do but at least it's not hurting the comunety OH WAIT it is.

...ahh it felt so good to write that.
i want smite to go back to the way it was before jungling was introduced and keep the good change's like swing chain's but take a way the bad for example JUNGLING,3TIER ACCTIVE'S, CHOSEBLE FINAL TIER ITEM'S, THE FOG OF F*** YOU AND THE NEW MAP. i want to see people make noise about this if they want it gone. i want youtube video's i want to see rage over the official forums of smite. that is if you really want it to go back as much as i do... well do you?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 27, 2013 1:49pm | Report
Good to see that there at least is a lot of different opinions on the matter :)

I like the jungle, and most of the guys I play with like it too.

And it still looks appealing to me (after the map change). And all my mates says it is freaking awesome and you almost got the same amount of teamfights now on conquest as you do on arena.

The thing I've seen to be complained about on streams is the new respawn timer, that it is to fast and it looks like it is to. It makes matches last for forever because a deicide at endgame doesn't secure you the game anymore which seems a bit stupid.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » June 27, 2013 2:03pm | Report
people have seem to forgotten that smite is still in beta they have to give jungling a proper trial run not just for hirez but for the players, just like focus and stats they added items changed alot of stuff to try and incorperate it ultimatly it was scrapped but it made the game better by giving it a proper try. while the verdict on jungling is still unsure at least hirez is giving it a real trial run better to wean it now then if they got rid of immedialty then decide to try it out later when the game is actually released

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 27, 2013 2:14pm | Report
loopyman wrote:

people have seem to forgotten that smite is still in beta they have to give jungling a proper trial run not just for hirez but for the players, just like focus and stats they added items changed alot of stuff to try and incorperate it ultimatly it was scrapped but it made the game better by giving it a proper try. while the verdict on jungling is still unsure at least hirez is giving it a real trial run better to wean it now then if they got rid of immedialty then decide to try it out later when the game is actually released

You are totally right my man ;)

Though it seems like they are putting a lot of work in making jungling a thing.. So I would think it will stay in the game :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » June 27, 2013 2:22pm | Report
probly because its in all the other main mobas

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » June 27, 2013 2:24pm | Report
loopyman wrote:

probly because its in all the other main mobas

and that's just there is what a lot of people don't want to see happen, to see smite turn it not another jenerik moba but that is happening right now and we don't want it.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }