Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Smite losing players?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Smite losing players? 51 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 23, 2013 2:09pm | Report
Greetings Smitefire Community!

As I have been massively active on Smitefire, I have posted several threads/discussions. Within the comments I have received I have catched some information that Smite is losing players, with the reasons that Smite is unstable? or that its updates ruining the game?

Is this true, or what do you think?
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » June 25, 2013 7:23am | Report
wow, its wierd nobody replied, this is an interesting topic.

I'll have to say this, smite wants to be an Esport yet it changes too much every patch which gives it an unstable basis for an esport, which in turn causes people to leave. I hope that this is a beta thing and will change with the release of the game.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 25, 2013 12:11pm | Report

I'll have to say this, smite wants to be an Esport yet it changes too much every patch which gives it an unstable basis for an esport, which in turn causes people to leave. I hope that this is a beta thing and will change with the release of the game.

I really hope ur right, though I have my hopes up because of the mail I received from Todd.

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 25, 2013 2:29pm | Report
SacredElite wrote:

Greetings Smitefire Community!

As I have been massively active on Smitefire, I have posted several threads/discussions. Within the comments I have received I have catched some information that Smite is losing players, with the reasons that Smite is unstable? or that its updates ruining the game?

Is this true, or what do you think?

Announced today Over the last weekend SMTIE has had the most players playing then ever before so seems like more gain then loss

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » June 25, 2013 2:31pm | Report

They will defiantly change that once out of beta. They wont release the game tell they feel it is completely in good standing. Hence why dota has been in beta for so long.

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 25, 2013 7:38pm | Report
I'm honestly not sure what to think about HiRez's statements. They claim that more people are playing, but they aren't mentioning the fact that those numbers also coincided with the begining of the summer months, which is the time of year when many people are out of school, on vacation, and have a lot more free time to play games like SMITE.

At this point, I'm very skeptical that the game is really growing, especially given the current discontent around the competitive scene. I heard that a few months ago, there were over 30 competitive teams in EU. Recently, those numbers have dropped down to just 9, which is very alarming to hear, especially since any game that aims to become an e-sport needs a healthy competitive scene, and by the looks of it that scene h*** been dying out this month.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 26, 2013 7:58am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

I'm honestly not sure what to think about HiRez's statements. They claim that more people are playing, but they aren't mentioning the fact that those numbers also coincided with the begining of the summer months, which is the time of year when many people are out of school, on vacation, and have a lot more free time to play games like SMITE.

At this point, I'm very skeptical that the game is really growing, especially given the current discontent around the competitive scene. I heard that a few months ago, there were over 30 competitive teams in EU. Recently, those numbers have dropped down to just 9, which is very alarming to hear, especially since any game that aims to become an e-sport needs a healthy competitive scene, and by the looks of it that scene h*** been dying out this month.

That is alarming, though when they start advertising when they get out of beta. More players join, more players create a clan, and more players will go Esports.. Though your point can be valid.

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 26, 2013 5:15pm | Report
After what I've heard (can't say anything for certain) most of the teams that disbanded was because of internal problems (clan not working, ppl not having time for that much gaming etc). And some because of the new change in meta (jungler).

So I don't think the game is going downhill by any means, I just think ppl need a bit more time to get back into the meta again (was the same thing when they removed the outer jungle).

And when it comes to that it is summer, I know a lot of ppl who can't play just because of that (me included).

So do not fear my friends, I would believe we are going to see a steady increase in ranked/pro teams in the future :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 26, 2013 5:53pm | Report

So I don't think the game is going downhill by any means, I just think ppl need a bit more time to get back into the meta again (was the same thing when they removed the outer jungle).

You do realize that the day side jungles were removed was also the same day they added Stats and Focus, yes?

I'm certain the latter caused much more frustration than the former.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » June 26, 2013 6:15pm | Report
Yeah, that's true. Just mentioned the outer jungle because that was one of the things that was changed (and what I disliked the most about that patch).

And despite all the frustration that patch made, the community grew from it in the end.
I can't say that I had any knowledge of how many competitive teams there where back then, but I would imagine that there was a drop back then as well (if there where any).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }