Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi-rez receipts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hi-rez receipts 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » September 19, 2016 9:03am | Report
I hope he realizes that his insults do me nothing.

Infact, him insulting me only strenghtens the conclusion that he's mad and flapping this b"s" out of his a".

Not only that, he said he'd leave the first time, but still had to come back.. Attention seeking? I think so. Probably came back to see if his puny little post got some views and responses.

Ontop of that, sure there are other females, but... are all of their mouths stitched together or something? Like wtf man. If the situation is really as bad as it is, and these females are super talented as those reviews claim to be, how come that NO1 (!!) has actually brought this up at some law enforcement? Sexual harassment is a serious thing even if it's a private company.

And while people do act differently while being filmed, I highly doubt that a person, especially a female, since they tend to be more sensitive/emotional, would be able to hide possibly years of sexual harassment behind a smile during a video. I thought they were art designers, not actors, right?

Jeez man, before you start insulting people online that you don't know, and before you start playing the victim, come up with a story that is actually believable, allright?

How come none of this has EVER been leaked, say on Social media, websites, etc...? Hi-Rez has the same owner for years now, and JUST NOW, YOU *suddenly* came out of nowhere with all these reviews and all this information. Ma god man, you're more unbelievable than a rich person saying they're broke.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » September 19, 2016 9:03am | Report
I just realized what I just said wow sometimes I don't what I comment on this website. I should read the comments before I started commentating wow I'm a idiot.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 9:05am | Report
overld1 wrote:

DmBrandon just does live streaming now on twitch and rarely commentates. I actually can't believe Hi-Rez treats everyone there like EA and Activision. And they already have bad reviews from past employees in the first place.

no, they don't. we disproved that. Nex is just being a salty b*tch because he hates hirez.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » September 19, 2016 9:08am | Report
I don't really know you friend so who am I to judge anything here right?

But truth be told, people were making some statements in a more-or-less objective way, and where did all of that sudden hostility come from? For an outside person it may actually appear as a personal crusade more than anything.

And also, assuming these informations are right and you have the intentions to inform everyone about it, why not start some campaign in a place where it would actually be read- like on reddit/twitter/facebook/whatever else media? It's not like there are that many members on SmiteFire right now.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » September 19, 2016 9:15am | Report
DucksRock wrote:

no, they don't. we disproved that. Nex is just being a salty b*tch because he hates hirez.

Yeah that's why I called myself a Idiot for not reading other comments. But I just have to say about one thing. Hi-Rez don't know balancing.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 19, 2016 9:19am | Report
Technically, nothing has been proven or disproven. Evidence of smiles and the words of select individuals doesn't mean truth. That said, it does somewhat strongly appear to me to be a case of personal Crusade.

Anyway, this is a site dedicated to playing and having fun with smite. This Thread does nothing positive for the community. It's also disappointing that a member given editor status reacts this way. I suggest shutting this thread down.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 9:21am | Report
overld1 wrote:

Yeah that's why I called myself a Idiot for not reading other comments. But I just have to say about one thing. Hi-Rez don't know balancing.

they defintley do know balancing. all characters exept like loki, goobis hel and 2 more are playable in a ranked environment (some better than others, of course.) and nobody is really op, this is the most balance the game has eve been in.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » September 19, 2016 9:23am | Report
Yeah how did this guy became a editor in the first place. And he never come on this website like ever till like now. Greenevers when you need him.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 19, 2016 9:31am | Report
Oooookkkaaaayyy a lot to unpack here. Firstly: this is coming from the perspective of me, an American who's majoring in Computer Science and Game design and looking for coops (semester long internships) in the industry. As such, naturally I did research into the companies whose games I've played the most that are local to the US, to see if I'd want to work for a company that makes games I've enjoyed. HiRez was one of the first companies I looked into. Their reviews by employees that have worked there are consistently terrible. They pretty much all say what was in Nex's drive across multiple different sites (most notably glassdoor which is what most people use), spanning from 2013 to the present (thus unless one person came back to write hundreds of reviews year after year... you get the idea). The gist of it is: upper management sucks, most of the employees are great, but upper management remains terrible in cases involving sexual harassment, treatment of its artists, and only promoting those within an inner circle close to the CEO.

Believing whatever DM says about HiRez is being naive, even if he is telling what he believes to be the truth, he's one small cog in the studio and his perspective is narrow. He doesn't interact with 95% of HiRez employees, so while his small lens might be rose tinted, it's not a good perspective to get a bigger picture. Hundreds of dissatisfied employees are.

Now as for your individual arguments firstly: why anonymous reviews? The gaming industry is a brutal, kind of awful industry. There are tons of companies with equally heinous reviews, and most companies that see someone non-anonymously bash a gaming company will blacklist them. Thus unless you want to be blacklisted from the industry (well most of the industry, but considering it's very hard to find work even without being blacklisted.. yeah...) you don't bash your previous employer online with your own identity. In regards to sexual harassment it's a similar thing. If they bring up sexual harassment to upper management, you can see that they're ineffective from the reviews HiRez has gotten. If you bring it to court against the individual or the company, 9/10 times you won't win the case as it's very hard to record solid evidence of sexual harassment unless you have video of it, and most cases happen around the workplace where no such evidence is recorded. Even if you DO end up winning the case, you'll likely be fired soon after with the company citing something else such as "low productivity" as the reason for firing you so they can't get sued, and then you'll be completely blacklisted from the gaming industry, as no gaming company wants to get sued by one of its employees; even the liberal ones.

As for this
xZeroStrike wrote:
And while people do act differently while being filmed, I highly doubt that a person, especially a female, since they tend to be more sensitive/emotional, would be able to hide possibly years of sexual harassment behind a smile during a video. I thought they were art designers, not actors, right?
If you've had to train yourself for years to avoid acting on sexist remarks (such as saying women are more sensitive/emotional, I'm sorry zero, but I lost all respect for you after you said that) and harassment to avoid being fired, you'd be pretty good at looking cheery on camera too, it's really not hard.

So yeah. I'd really like to want to work for HiRez, I love smite and I really think it's a great game. But after the research I did... I'd rather work for Ubisoft or something. I'll still buy Smite stuff though, I have no problem supporting 98% of the workers who work for HiRez, it's just the 1% of the upper management and the 1% of the ******* employees who get away with being *******s because of upper that I take issue with. Idk if Nex has a personal vendetta or whatever, but from someone who's more biased to like HiRez than dislike, just understand that I kind of agree (and considering that all he did was bash HiRez and call you out for being misogynistic, he's really not hella in the wrong here).

I also don't agree with shutting this thread down necessarily. It should be in off-topic, but it's helpful discussion for those who are in positions like my own, especially women in the industry. (While it should be painfully obvious to anyone that's played with me, just to be clear I am a guy. I just happen to really dislike sexism, especially since the gaming industry is full of it).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 9:31am | Report
Just to clarify- i never knew Nex that much. he just seemed like a nice guy occasionally, but he'd join the negativity squad every once in a while. i never knew he would go to as such grounds.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }