Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hi-rez receipts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hi-rez receipts 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » September 18, 2016 9:13pm | Report
Hello everybody it's me Nex, back again.

Most of you probably don't remember me, but it doesn't matter because I won't be here for long. I just wanted to share somthing.

I recently acquired some information that proves my suspicions that Hi-rez isn't exactly the best company.

To summarize The link contains documents of online reviews from Hi-rez's former employees and the all tell the same story:

The working conditions at hi-rez are godawful. Like, i’m talking full on sisyphean.

The ceo was fickle and made all of his decisions about the game based on what he thought was popular in other games, so someone could work on something all day only to be told to scrap it.

There was also a huge problem with sexual harassment of female employees. They also lowball the artists because they hire straight out of art schools for cheap work.

So yeah I thought you guys would like to know what type of people you are supporting when you purchase those Oddessy skins.

Anyway peace out, I am never coming back here or playing Smite ever again so toodles!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » September 19, 2016 3:29am | Report
This is...surprising. To think that the company I like can have such a bad reputation. Not sure what's gonna happen with this information.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 6:18am | Report
nothing, actually. DM deconfirmed this, and i don't think he lied. not sure if it is the erez case, and i also dont care. i've had my fair share of interacting with a lot of hirez workers back in early beta, and they seemed really nice. plus, they also managed to keep a lot of employees that say they love it there.

also, probably not relevant to this, but i think Nex didnt bother to pick up any counter evidence as well (because he seemed to have gone through great length to get this)

this also sounds like stuff from alpha the way he described it, sorry, but im not going to believe this in this case. what the thing that made me doubt from the start is that you are possibly one of the old members that used to hate hirez and everything they did, filling smitefire with a lot of hate towards hirez.

i know you are one of the best people i have ever seen in the site cause you are really nice and helped everybody, but i can't really remember if you were one of those people that trash talked everything about smite, so i can't really trust this in the first place.

edit: yep, he was one of those people. confirmed this by a simple look on his profile.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » September 19, 2016 6:36am | Report
The reasons I don't believe these is simple.

To start, there are no dates mentioned. Perhaps these were written years ago?
All those "reviews" are allmost identical to one another. They single handedly list the same things. While this may mean that the whole thing is true, perhaps it's just one guy who copied everything but simply worded it differently?

I haven't tried it, and nor am I going to, but if somebody wants, try to see if you could write a review for Hi-Rez as if you actually worked there?

The fact that most of these say "anonymous" also makes it look more like it was just one guy writing it but wasn't creative enough to come up with different online persona's.

And what makes this whole ordeal even more hideous is the fact the he just comes in here, drops the "receipts" here, and then just bails again. If you really tried to prove a point you'd stay and give constructive arguments as to why your statement is valid, atleast that's what I can imagine.

And last but not least, I see near no traces of these actions listed in those reviews. I mean, they even have a cast on YouTube, and there's a female in it every time, and she looks very happy to me man.

If there really were accounts of sexual harrasment/etc... then why has nobody reported that to some sort of law enforcement? Like I get that it's a private company but that doesn't justify sexual harrasment in any way, right?

Either all those employees are stupid, let people walk over them like they're nobody without a care, or this is complete b"s". I'm not buying it.

(Ps, right, I've seen the CEO's Twitter and me god it looked childish. BlueOrc. lmao)

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 6:44am | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

The reasons I don't believe these is simple.

To start, there are no dates mentioned. Perhaps these were written years ago?
All those "reviews" are allmost identical to one another. They single handedly list the same things. While this may mean that the whole thing is true, perhaps it's just one guy who copied everything but simply worded it differently?

I haven't tried it, and nor am I going to, but if somebody wants, try to see if you could write a review for Hi-Rez as if you actually worked there?

The fact that most of these say "anonymous" also makes it look more like it was just one guy writing it but wasn't creative enough to come up with different online persona's.

And what makes this whole ordeal even more hideous is the fact the he just comes in here, drops the "receipts" here, and then just bails again. If you really tried to prove a point you'd stay and give constructive arguments as to why your statement is valid, atleast that's what I can imagine.

And last but not least, I see near no traces of these actions listed in those reviews. I mean, they even have a cast on YouTube, and there's a female in it every time, and she looks very happy to me man.

If there really were accounts of sexual harrasment/etc... then why has nobody reported that to some sort of law enforcement? Like I get that it's a private company but that doesn't justify sexual harrasment in any way, right?

Either all those employees are stupid, let people walk over them like they're nobody without a care, or this is complete b"s". I'm not buying it.

(Ps, right, I've seen the CEO's Twitter and me god it looked childish. BlueOrc. lmao)

i've decided to take a look at it, i completely agree.

(BlueOrc is a company joke)

after looking into Nex's relationship with hirez again, i have found out that he loathes them, that's why he made this post. to further explain my other comment, a group of active members decided to fill the site with tons of negativity to hirez, almost for a full year.

Nex was an active part of it, so it makes sense he'll try to frame them and not even look at the evidence. he has that as his bio and his sig. i dont think this should be taken seriously.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » September 19, 2016 7:11am | Report
Yeah, here's my evidence:

Just look at the woman. Looks happy as can be to me. I see no sign of any sort of sexism or whatever.

Edit: OMG I just noticed the have the sock from PuppeTyr skin. God I really want that skin and the voicepack :o Oh, and the sock too.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » September 19, 2016 8:36am | Report
I said I would leave but of course I had to come back and be petty:

xZeroStrike wrote:

Yeah, here's my evidence:

Just look at the woman. Looks happy as can be to me. I see no sign of any sort of sexism or whatever.

You are seriously pull the "this woman can't have been sexually harassed at any point because she smiled once" card? You do realize that their are more than one woman working at Hi-rez right? You do realize that this is a ****ing video that they recorded and people act differently when being filmed, right?

Go **** yourself dude and your misogynistic ********. This is why I left this piece of **** community to begin with.

I am ****ing out for real this time, enjoy sucking Hi-rez **** for the rest of your life!

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » September 19, 2016 8:38am | Report
"Go **** yourself dude and your misogynistic ********. This is why I left this piece of **** community to begin with."

k.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 19, 2016 8:45am | Report
I wonder if he gets this mad in game.
Don't be mad at us Hi Rez fired you.
Speaking of which. What the hell happened to DmBrandon.?
Does he not cast anymore?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » September 19, 2016 8:56am | Report
DmBrandon just does live streaming now on twitch and rarely commentates. I actually can't believe Hi-Rez treats everyone there like EA and Activision. And they already have bad reviews from past employees in the first place.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }