Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cant get Arthur to work

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Cant get Arthur to work 39 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 2, 2020 5:02pm | Report
I can copy the recommended builds here and practice using his skills better.

For instance I didnt realize you can use his basic attack as a limited escape and speed boost.

Now I know.

I also didnt realize Arthur was a high mobility type God and that's certainly why his high defense build failed me so hard.

That being said. I kinda want to see if going for health-power would be viable while keeping good mobility.

In my limited-knowledge....this following build seems to progress well, and I view the added health as offsetting lack of protection items.

Open with

Blessing (Dukesloth suggested Mage's blessing...actually)
Boots
Gladiator's
Blackthorn hammer (350 health at Arthur's level 10 is the equivalent of 21% damage mitigation and it adds to Gladiator's heal with both Mana and HP)

After that opening....in lost as to where to go.

I figured I could continue damage/health

Such as...

Runeforged
Runic shield/void shield
Blessing > Masamune (Dukesloth recommended EITHER blackthorn or masamune not both but here I break that rule for more hp and omni protect?)
Boots > heartseeker

The main problem is I'm so bad with Arthur's play style I cant evaluate what is wrong wrong this build progression. Ending with 265 power.

Compared to Kriega which I will be adopting for baseline purposes...

What's the actual effective hp difference between 272/208 phys/magical protect at 2245 hp with 95 power...

Versus 107/98 phys/mag at 3045 hp and 265 power?

For the physical it's a 22% in favor of Kriegas.

And 26% in favor of my health so theoretically they should be comparable in effective health.

In practice who knows...I'm sure Ill blow up more because I run into gangs of 4or gods solo than because of either build.

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 2, 2020 5:08pm | Report
For the current patch you ALWAYS rush gladiators shield in Solo lane on King Arthur, doesen’t matter if you’re against a Physical or a Magical god. And you always get Warrior’s blessing. Warriors blessing and tier 1 Shield + health pots OR Warriors blessing, health chalice and 3 to 5 multi potions, that’s your starter. Then you try and sustain/farm long enough in lane that you can back, buy glad Shield (and possibly health chalice if you didn’t get it earlier and have the extra gold) then teleport to lane.

Also the build I suggested has damage mitigation in it as well (Spirit Robe passive), possibly Oni Hunter’s passive if you build it too.

Lastly I may mention that Dukesloth makes very questionable build suggestions at times, I recommend for Warriors in Solo lane that you lookup Fineokay on his YouTube or Twitch (when he streams).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 2, 2020 8:20pm | Report
Kriega that was really good advice.

I found myself doing a lot better before reading this JUST BY using auto to lunge after landing an attack.

It kept my health a lot higher and I was working more damage.

The pots opener sounds even more improvement.

My late game fell apart. I was back to unable to do enough damage.

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 2, 2020 8:23pm | Report
Oh but my deaths substantially dropped and I got better at using his combos to escape.

Do you get boots after gladiators? He seems highly mobile. can boots be sacrificed?

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 3, 2020 1:05am | Report
IDNeon wrote:

Compared to Kriega which I will be adopting for baseline purposes...

What's the actual effective hp difference between 272/208 phys/magical protect at 2245 hp with 95 power...

Versus 107/98 phys/mag at 3045 hp and 265 power?

I will do the math on this one, but if you go with a blackthorn rush you often end up going into defense afterward (void shield, genji/oni).

math

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 3, 2020 2:33am | Report
IDNeon wrote:

Oh but my deaths substantially dropped and I got better at using his combos to escape.

Do you get boots after gladiators? He seems highly mobile. can boots be sacrificed?

Boots after Glad Shield yes, also on 95% of characters in most situations you never want to skip boots. Boots are cost effective, and you sacrifice too much movement if you skip them.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 3, 2020 12:17pm | Report
tips on jungle open? I went boots first

IDNeon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 3, 2020 12:49pm | Report
Jungle for which god?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 3, 2020 1:02pm | Report
It's generally Assassin's Blessing, either t1 mace or sword, and potions. Like Kriega said, it can vary from god to god.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IDNeon » July 4, 2020 8:15pm | Report
it's stupid. I just went solo with an Arthur, did fine. Except our stupid Jungler couldn't kill him and kept feeding him.

Smite's match making is pathetic.

IDNeon

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }