Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Any Plan?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Any Plan? 85 posts - page 4 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 5:04am | Report

Because TM shows the most common build for that god, when played by the top players in the world.

On Smitefire the top rated guide could have been made by someone who have never even played the game. :P

But this is why we have reviews and votes, right?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 5:06am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Lol you have some serouis issus subzero, just cuz i like a guide you hate i am bad player. I think you are like the most toxic person i see so far in a forum.

Now i know furthermore why you downvoted my guide btw, i never said i play without Midas Boots in casual btw. But cool story dude, i just wanted to discuss but you seems to love this site so much that you would marry it i guess. I just really try to bring my idears in for make this site better, but ok nevermind.

And actually i play mostly just ranked, next week i gonna play aswell on Smite Tournament Serie so idk... just lold

Wat. You play league, but intentionally made a guide recommending Reinforced Greaves as a support...my god, you are a troll.

I guess now none of us will take your opinion seriously.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 27, 2014 5:07am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

About cleaning up guides,... Why not the admin archive all guides so anyone that is still active can publish it again. It's not bad at all

I could do that, but it really is just a matter of Mowen's permission.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 27, 2014 5:07am | Report
For guides maybe do this. Message the owner of an old guide. Especially the "bad" ones. If they respond that it's okay to remove it. Then remove them. If they don't respond in a set amount of time. Maybe a month. Delete it anyways. Not sure if you can edit a guide or not. But if you can, make a notice that the guide will be deleted until the owner responds to the pm.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 5:10am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wat. You play league, but intentionally made a guide recommending Reinforced Greaves as a support...my god, you are a troll.

I guess now none of us will take your opinion seriously.

Dafq you talking about dude. Reinforced Greaves are great for begginers... Furthermore, i just i mean.. are you stupid ? Take maybe this time a real look on my guide. Would help.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 5:17am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Dafq you talking about dude. Reinforced Greaves are great for begginers... Furthermore, i just i mean.. are you stupid ? Take maybe this time a real look on my guide. Would help.

As a support, RG aren't good, PERIOD. ESPECIALLY for beginners. They'd start roaming, because they're beginners, and then they'd start wondering why they have so little farm.

If you need CCR, you'd just get Magi's. There is literally no point in RG for supports except for the mobility.

Also, I know you updated your guide. And back then, yeah, it was terrible. No need to act all butthurt over one review.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 27, 2014 5:20am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

About cleaning up guides,... Why not the admin archive all guides so anyone that is still active can publish it again. It's not bad at all

Great idea!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 5:20am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

As a support, RG aren't good, PERIOD. ESPECIALLY for beginners. They'd start roaming, because they're beginners, and then they'd start wondering why they have so little farm.

If you need CCR, you'd just get Magi's. There is literally no point in RG for supports except for the mobility.

Well your opinion, whatever.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 27, 2014 5:48am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

This seems like a very good solution to me.

I actually took a look on this Tiermonster site and I don't see how those guides are better than SF's guides. Really. Take a look on TT's guide to Hel and then go take a look on this Hel guide. No alternative/situational actives/items/different order. I don't understand how this Ponpon guy got 16 upvotes for that 5 minutes of work. I learnt NOTHING after reading this, but after reading TT's guide I already imagined a FULL match, knew what to do and how to manage teamfights with Hel. On other guides skill explanations are just CTRL+C/CTRL+V from Smite's database + a few words than don't help the reader in using that skill properly.

Anyway, I think that there isn't much SF can do to show these people that SF's best guides> Tiermonster's best guides. Why? Because those people "hating" on SF on Reddit must be the same little soldiers always ********ing the streamers in-game. They will blindly use and upvote those guides no matter if the guide is good or bad.

"If <random streamer> is using this build and he wins, I'll use it and win too. Why should I use Subzero's guide to Nu Wa, I've never heard of him, he doesn't stream so he's a bad player, I'll blindly follow this guide, buy BoV as 5th item and easily win.".

This is fine by me, I'd rather not have little soldiers faithfull to some streamer and always read their posts looking like "X is OP because <random streamer> said so." or "your guide sucks because you use a different build than <random streamer>."

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 27, 2014 5:55am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

But this is why we have reviews and votes, right?

Then you would have to read the reviews etc. and that takes more than the 10 sec it takes to go to TM and look up a god :P

And to everyone who is talking about ppl saying that TM having better guides than Smitefire. No one ever said that!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }