Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Any Plan?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Any Plan? 85 posts - page 7 of 9
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 7:47am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I don't know why but I REALLY hate meta. I mean, I think jungle tank is better and more but most people only hear what is mainstream.

Like when I played LoL, I think Lux build with the right team composition is better than kassadin

Little tip why tank jungler meta isnt popular atm, the assasin just profit much more of the farm then the tank does, the damage scales higher and even if they fail they have a possiblty to come back. For example Ymir is a badass jungler, but if you fail at start, you wont comeback.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 7:48am | Report
A full guide is usually better than a simpler one. I'll use my manual metaphor again.

While it may be more convenient to have a smaller instruction booklet, a larger one gives info you might not know, as well as info that you might need that is not immediately apparent, like what to do if your axle breaks, or how to counter Arachne.

For example, Athena. She has a tank's kit, and has the tasks of protection, engaging, and disengaging. None of those tasks are exactly intuitive, except disengaging, and part of engaging.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 27, 2014 7:49am | Report
Well, I just think that the meta got to be what it is for a reason, so until I figure out the reasoning for it, I won't question it.

Except the Warrior Solo. I think that mages in solo would work out better, unless you had, say, Chronos as the carry, or Freya/ He Bo in the jungle. Then you can have warrior solo.

But whatever. Back to the topic, guys.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 27, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wait...so what's the difference between taking 10 seconds to click on a god in TM to taking 10 seconds to clicking on the top guide on a god and copying the build?

There is no difference. Back when I first started playing Assault a lot, as soon as my god was picked, I'd hop onto the God's section, find the top rated guide, skim through what to get and what to level, and if I was curious as to why such an item was used, I'd scroll to see if there was an explanation and skim through that. If that build/guide didn't seem like it would work well for me, I'd move onto the next one.

If, after that game, I did good, then awesome. If not, I'd go back to that, and maybe a few other guides and see if there was anything mentioned in the guide I should know. Eventually, as time went on, I'd create my own build and own play style to what suits me best.

Point being, when all I needed was to know which items I should buy, SmiteFire guides did fine for me, and if I wanted to know more, I'd read through the guide more extensively.

MadDanny wrote:

Here's an idea: We are our own site.

Don't try to compare our guides to tiermonster because THEY said THEIR's are better than ours.

We have our own way to make guides. They have their's.

(Thought I'd try)

Thank you. This is exactly how I feel.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 27, 2014 3:42pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Here's an idea: We are our own site.

Don't try to compare our guides to tiermonster because THEY said THEIR's are better than ours.

We have our own way to make guides. They have their's.

(Thought I'd try)

Except, purposely being oblivious to our competition is not a way to make the site better. If they're guide section is better because it's more up to date, then *****, WE will make our guides up to date, and make them better than TierMonster's in doing so.

In order to improve and strive for the top, you make yourself better than the competition. If we simply treat ourselves as our own separate 'entity' and take our own steps in terms of progression as opposed to comparing our progression with our competition, then how are we going to be better than then the thing that is currently considered better than us? This is a competition right now. The only reason people are saying they don't come here is because there's something else that does our job 'better', and in order for us to get more community members and users, then we need to do our job better than they do.

I'm happy with our currently tight-knit community, but the general consensus is we want more people to come here.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 3:45pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Except, purposely being oblivious to our competition is not a way to make the site better. If they're guide section is better because it's more up to date, then *****, WE will make our guides up to date, and make them better than TierMonster's in doing so.

In order to improve and strive for the top, you make yourself better than the competition. If we simply treat ourselves as our own separate 'entity' and take our own steps in terms of progression as opposed to comparing our progression with our competition, then how are we going to be better than then the thing that is currently considered better than us? This is a competition right now. The only reason people are saying they don't come here is because there's something else that does our job 'better', and in order for us to get more community members and users, then we need to do our job better than they do.

I'm happy with our currently tight-knit community, but the general consensus is we want more people to come here.

+1
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 27, 2014 3:54pm | Report
Also +1 to buddha.

Does anyone visit Mobafire?
No.
Why?
Probuilds.net and Solomid.net exists.

I don't want to lose out to 'better' sites.

We ARE our own entity, and this entity will become better than others, if we try hard at it.

But this isn't something we can fix. It's about who is active in the site. You can't just make the people who come here better, you have to hope they are good. That they put effort into their guides. That they look up, research, and test everything they hold true. You believe your bastet build is the best? Show us. Prove it to us. Don't explain it to us, prove it to us. We need people to have concrete proof as to what they do.

Tiermonster is good because there is backing to what they say. On smitefire, if we don't prove what we have to say, there's no way to show it. You don't have to be a plat level player, but you do need to show that you KNOW what you're talking about.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » January 27, 2014 5:53pm | Report
Is it possible to go through guides and remove out of date or troll builds, as so to increase the amount if guides that are actually decent. And because I am working on a guide, I'm gonna try and make it good so we can increase the overall quality of the guides on is site.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 6:23pm | Report
...I visit Mobafire. ;_;

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 27, 2014 6:42pm | Report
Yeah, MOBAfire has some really great guides and their guides to making guides were really helpful for me when I first started.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }