This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
+ Naturally Tanky
+ High Base HP
+ Great Early Game Damage with [[Glacial Strike)
+ Great AA with Frostbite
+ High CC with Ice Wall & Frost Breath
+ Zone Denial with Shards of Ice
+ Great Initiation with Greater Blink
- Low Mobility
- Wall Placement Has a Learning Curve
- Glacial Strike requires good aim without Frost Breath
- Cant Deal with Strong Early Push in Solo
- Has Trouble vs Sustain Based Gods in Solo
- Requires Good Positioning to avoid Lethal Ganks
Note:after every spell i made one Section talking a bit about its Mechanics and Uses.
This is Our Passive and its effect is what makes us hurt a lot with our AA after dealing damage to a enemy god with any of your spells place a de-buff on the enemy god our next AA over the next few seconds deal 100%(Double) Damage for the duration of this de-buff
Ice Wall (1)|
This is our Wall the great and mighty wall that is the bane of any Dash based god a good Ice Wall will stop pretty much every dash in the game with good timing Sonic Boom included it can also stop spells that function like a dash such as Crushing Wave it can also stop AA or any spell that requires LoS = Line of Sight.
Glacial Strike (2)|
This is Our Bread & Butter our main wave clear main poke and Secondary CC in the form of a strong 4 second 35% slow.
Frost Breath (3)|
This is our main CC spell a cone Shaped Stun that deals some damage and freezes enemy gods and minions/pets for up to 2.25 sec.
Shards of Ice (4)|
This is Our Ultimate Spell in which we buckle down and charge for up to 3 seconds before detonating a large AoE dealing damage additionally while charging up our spell we slow enemy targets by 30%
note:same as above there is a slight note after every item stating my reasons
Now as far as items go here is how i like to start most of my games:
i rush a Warlock's sash as fast as i can i usually get its tier 2 + HP pot if going for a non invade start if going for a invade id recommend getting Vampiric Shroud HoG rank 1/2 and or blink rank 1 depending on choices + HP pot with a Multy Pot this gives us the best survival Chances if going for the normal start i pick actives that are required of me for the situation(blink + weakening curse vs a healer ish team)( blink + Heavenly Agility if vs a slow heavy team or high Escape Team).
some of you may be wondering how to start off fights and how to finish them this is the part were i talk about general fighting tactics with Ymir
1. after landing a Glacial Strike either while clearing a minion wave or purely while trading with a enemy god always follow up with at least 2 AA at most 4 AA if you manage to land 2 AA and that there not running away or have yet used there escape spell hit a Frost Breath then follow up with more AA this is one of the basic Exchanges you can do in case you have CDR and your Glacial Strike is now back try landing it again in some cases this full trade can deal over 50% of a enemy gods HP bar even Very early on in the game but be careful of your mana you must not waste it
1. Getting high HP so you can tank with less protections
2. Being able to Initiate with high Burst on your Side this helps your ADC,Mage,Jungler get the kills faster or up the chances of them killing the targets You Are NOT the Carry here
3. Abuse your Strong Early - Mid Game when you rotate on a squishy god for example Zeus you can 100 - 0 him with a full combo of your stuff
4.Burn Beads for the main Support or Follow up the main support after he burns there beads
5.IF Needed get another HoG for your team Securing Objectives is vital for any team
6. get actives that counter the Enemy team for your teams late game Shell is agreat example Girdle of Support is another
7. Optionally if you have become a master of Ymir demonstrate your power with Ice Wall that will drive whole teams insane (some feats include but are not limited to: using your wall as a additional Bouncing wall for Excavate letting it either hit a target more then once or twice or change its course making a missed Excavate into a perfectly hit one) timing you wall with Impale after its been thrown for a stun.... reflecting a enemy Excavate away from your team or just putting down the perfect wall that will peel off a enemy off of your ally god(almost impossible timing)
ill be updating this guide bit by bit as i work on my own ymir style of play in the solo lane and will eventually feature a jungle and support section but for now this is it
this type of ymir should be picked into a team looking for a medium to heavy CC line up or with stronger peeling potential and or initiation some good team comps would include:
- Isis , Anhur , Athena , Thor , Ymir(solo lane) = this comp has a ton of CC potential and follow ups some examples being Frost Breath into Spirit Ball into Anvil of Dawn + Berserker Barrage + Wing Gust + Glacial Strike overall it can be very brutal and can force out max rank beads decently into the early game and at times even double actives forcing Greater Purification + Aegis Amulet from many teams
- Scylla , Freya , cupid ,Athena/geb , Ymir = this comp is more dedicated to whose job is to initiate and whose it is to peel overall depending on what the team feels like one of you is initiating and the other is peeling any potential counter initiation or sneaky jungler while cupid will also bring his Fields Of Love to team fights making the potential zone outs and control insane and with the CC around here Scylla wont have many Issues landing her burst and we all know what that means.....
overall i hope my guide helps you out and i would love to hear some feedback or requests on some new guides im re-learning all gods in all roles for season 2 so i might as well make a list
also a few words of thanks to Mowen who made the reddit post that made me recall how much fun i had making guides and planning team comps im hoping this guide is a good entry for that goal of having a viable season 2 guide for every god im not sure if this is OK enough for the mentioned contest but i have a goodpack already if its ok enough for the contest though i hope i improve this enough to the point were i can win a few gems to finally get some of my fav skins so ill be looking foward to any and all feedback
Few started this at 11:45pm and now its 03:04 am man time sure files cant wait to see how this guide does in the next 12 - 14 hours
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved