Hello there. This will be my first Guide, so I might not be as experienced guide maker as others but I will try my best to get you going with Xing Tian when you first pick him up or if you are looking for additional information about him. The Guide isn't 100% perfect and the build that I might suggest might work for some but not everyone and not for every situation. I hope that I receive feedback about the build so that I can improve it. Now setting that aside, here is what I came up with during my playtime with this god:
Pick it up for the 10% cooldown reduction.
You can pick this item but you can also skip it. But it shouldn't come as your first item unless you want to stay on the defensive and not get hit because it will be very easy for the team to kill due to lack of protection and movement speed, even with your .
You can make the most of this item, if there is a mage in your team (In most cases, there will probably be one). It will help both of you.
Take it for the physical protection aura. Useful against physical gods, minions and the tower. Pick it as second or third item, if the enemy has 2 physical gods. If the enemy has 2 physical damage dealing gods (assassins and hunters), then you might want to take it as your first item.
It offers a lot of protection and 20% cooldown reduction but if you are controlling the game, you can look for better options.
It will max your cooldown reduction (which is 40%) and give you a bit of protection.
This relic used to be a must because Xing Tian couldn't leap over walls to start surprise attacks but it is no more a must. It still has some value though in some cases where the enemy is very far away. Just make sure that your team mates can follow you up. You are free to choose your 2nd relic.
- Get health potions and mana potions and make sure that you keep at least 2 of both types each time you exit the foutain, if possible.
- Around 5 min you should start getting wards (unless the enemy is not that aggressive) + 2 health potions.
- Potion of Magical Might will give you another 10% cooldown. Get it after building every item. In case that you have full cdr without it, after picking it up swap an item with cdr with another item that doesn't have cdr. Or you can consider from the start that you are going to stick to endgame and get all items that can give give you 30% cdr and max your cdr with the potion.
- If you have an aggressive enemy with jumps or even without jumps, buy 1 or 2 Ward much early on. It could help you against gods like
- Use your Ward fast so that the enemy doesn't see them.
- Check on your way out of the fountain or when you don't see the enemy and from time to time if the enemy has Ward or Sentry Ward, then you should buy Sentry Ward.
- Try to put your Ward when you don't see any enemy nearby. If there are, they will know that you placed a Ward there.
Enemy team analysis
- Check your enemy build from time to time to counter it correctly.
- Check who is doing the most damage to counter him with a specific protection
- Don't under any circumstances open tab menu to reveal your enemies/allies items when you are facing the enemy or when you aren't sure where the enemy is unless you are under your tower, phoenix ..etc.
- In order for you to have a successful ult you have to play tricky after you chase a single target. Use basic attacks or your one, try to dodge his attacks or even show your back to him and go to your tower. This way your announcing that you don't have your ult yet. The other will stick together to push you back, but that is your moment to use your ult. His ult is used for defense too, but be sure not to push away anyone whom your teammates can finish off.
- If enemies are around you and some of them are close to you, don't ult if their allies are behind them and are covering them up. Use your flip to reach their back line and use your ult. Don't ult in front, ult behind if possible.
- You have better aim on stationary targets. Root your target using
and followed by
. After that you can just basic attack them or dodge them until your abilities are up again. If the enemy tried to escape, use
or go back
. That is one of the main combos for poking the enemy.
- Use the combo suggested to lock targets down and shutting them down with the help of your team mates. This work even better if you have . That way you can slow the enemy down even further to allow your teammates to reach the enemy. You can still kill someone without , if you locked him/her down.
- Don't use to engage unless you are preparing for a fight and need to close the distance which you will follow with
- When you don't have and your team isn't planning to attack, walk to your enemy and keep your until you can land it and then use it. Followed by your combo.
- If you want to chase a low hp target, use > > > and if he isn't dead use .
if the enemy has a lot of attack speed. If the enemy has two AA (auto attack) based build then you should get it.
- if the enemy has a healer or self sustain gods like Anubis.
- for enemies that have crit
- against enemies with hard control.
- If the enemy is near you all the time + cdr
- pick as second or third item, if both your allies have mana issues or if 2+ enemy gods are magical.
- If you have a hunter that needs attack speed, then consider . It is most effective, if you have two AA gods, eg. izunami and Ah Kuang.
Edit 1: After reading the first 4 comments, i made some changes to the whole Guide.I improved it a lot and i learned how to use the bbcoding and used it here. Changes are:
-renamed build and guide
-added more items
-removed pros and cons and added new chapters
-changed old chapters
Edit 2: After i read more in the guide by nanoyam, i made some changes:
-tweaked main build and Gameplay chapters
-made Credits chapter
-used colors in the guide
-changed "counter items" to "support items" and added a new item to it.
- This guide https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/a-guide-to-creating-a-guide-11941 by nanoyam helped me edit my guide.
- I owe it to Branmuffin17 and Gulfwulf because they gave me feedback/tips in the comments after i first made the guide and they probably made me look at Xing Tian from different angles with their suggested items.
- made some changes after i quickly checked https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/xing-tian-what-goes-up-must-come-down-s5-ranked-joust-updated-9319
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved