Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Don't feed the bears!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Don't feed the bears! 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » November 1, 2017 2:08am | Report
This bear ain't after your picnic basket - it just wants your life! In the first of the two "bonus rounds" we are playing Artio (and Hachiman in the next) in a conquest. It was surprisingly fun in the end, which gives me hope for my future conquest plans. Please note that I have no recent conquest experience/tactics/etc. Happy for any tips

Be so kind and remember to LIKE👍 - COMMENT💬 - SUBSCRIBE✔️ on the video IF you enjoyed watching it. Thank you very much!
>

>

Get involved:

-> Discord
-> YouTube
-> Twitter
-> Facebook

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 1, 2017 7:11am | Report
Dude, get Watcher's Gift first on your support next time. :p

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 1, 2017 8:02am | Report
Alright, I've watched the whole thing so here are my comments:
  1. Your team had a good comp, but Artio isn't a very good support because she lacks a lot of hard CC in her kit outside of her bear roar and her root if it processes. She's really good solo, though. But, because Ares is in the same boat, that was a wash. I'd go with a CC heavy guardian next time like Kumbhakarna, Geb, or Ymir. A warrior with sustain would also work, like Bellona, Hercules, or Guan Yu.
  2. You ALWAYS start with Watcher's Gift and either tier 1 boots or Lono's Mask depending on the support. Not starting with WG severely limits your economy.
  3. Supports need health, protections, and CDR, not pen. Your job is to protect your team, peal enemies off of them, and tank objectives. If you want to get kills, pick a different role. :p Your job is to ensure the rest of your team can win. I've won games where I had a negative KDA; but because I protected my team and tanked the towers and phoenixes, we were able to win.
  4. Spirit Robe is superior to Mantle of Discord on a tank. Just saying.
  5. One of the reasons your team had an easy time is because the opposing team had a terrible comp. Only Cupid and one of the mages made sense. As I said above, Ares is a sub-par support because he's really only good in team fights; Amaterasu has a terrible early game, which is one of the reasons why Cu Cuchulain was able to bully her out (that and Cu is a literal beast in solo); and neither Janus nor Kukulkan are great junglers. I'd would have gone with either a warrior or a bursty assassin like Thor or Thanatos in that role instead. Speaking of Than, I bet your's had the best KDA because your enemy team didn't build nor play properly. Ama could have shut Cu down if she had help from her jungler, but mages don't have a good early game, so I'm not surprised she got bullied out so quickly. The DC on their side didn't help any either.
  6. You should know this from Clash, but you don't tower dive unless you're at or near full health. Because if you die, you give your target the credit for the kill and, as you well know, kills account for a lot of gold and XP in this game, especially in a low-gold mode like Conquest. You never want to give your enemy a free kill if you can help it unless it benefits your team somehow (e.g. your team gets 2 or more kills for your 1 death).
  7. The current meta is to go to lane first, clear a wave, then go for the jungle camps. After that, you go back to lane and continue that process until the enemy support leaves lane and is obviously not going back to the fountain. After that, your job is to roam and help where needed. You can leave lane early if your ADC can handle clearing by themselves and the enemy support isn't there, but keep an eye on Duo and be ready to run back should the enemy support show back up.
  8. Conquest is all about counter-building. You were right to get Void Stone for Ares, but I would have gotten Jade Emperor's Crown first to reduce Cupid's DPS and help protect against the minions and tower damage. I also would have gotten Hide of the Nemean Lion if he went with a crit or basic attack build; but since you never checked out what he was building, you couldn't counter-build against him. :P

Anyway, check out Bran's Conquest guide for an in-depth breakdown of how the mode works if you want to keep playing it. The meta may change at the drop of a hat, but his tips still apply.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 1, 2017 9:59am | Report
Holy Gulf...great points...comment as long as mine =)

@Bensky, I think it's awesome you ventured out to Conq. You should do that more =)

Note I haven't watched the video yet (been busy mostly). That said, I'll provide a bit more comments based on Gulf's comments.

Regarding pen, this is sort of a mesh of comments 3 and 8... Void Stone provides both magical protection and a form of pen, and I think it's almost always a solid item if you're a guardian with solid damage and can be aggressive. E.g. I'd never get it on Geb, but Artio, Ares, Bacchus, Ymir, even Ganesha are all options. It's even better now that, since a few patches ago, it got the added health. But yeah, if the enemy team has 3 physical gods, and/or you're facing a physical ADC, Jade Emperor's Crown is usually the go-to item after your choice of shoes.

I agree personally on Spirit Robe generally being better than Mantle of Discord. As a Support, you're already gold-starved to a degree unless your entire team is fed, and Mantle's higher cost isn't that worth it to me. I also highly value the passive damage mitigation on Spirit. It's not that it's a bad item, though, and if you're constantly in the midst of the enemy team, the stun can be effective (though that long CD is ****py).

Anyway, will check out the video later!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » November 1, 2017 12:27pm | Report
Thanks to both of you for the in depth comments! REally appreciate it. Just one thing to note: Chosing the right god for the comp is not an option during this challenge - it's one god and one god only, whatever the comp might be :)
Tower diving will always be me my kryptonite - I am a simple man: seeing someone with low health, going in for the kill, no matter what hahahah

Anyway, thanks alot again! One more thing, for some reason I am too stupid to link items/skills as nice as you guys do (with the picture etc.), so probably using the wrong tool for it!? how do it do it!?

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 1, 2017 12:34pm | Report
Yeah forgot you first chose a god and then played the mode. You asked in your Zhong post about new ideas for future videos or series...I would say perhaps choose an interesting god that you like, and play it in every mode or something, with comparisons to how you might adjust builds, or playstyle, or something like that. Just a thought.

Just use double brackets around the exact spelling for a god, skill, or item. If you want a larger picture, it's a different code.

Da Ji Heartseeker Release The Kraken!

Code:
[[Da Ji]] [[Heartseeker]] [[Release the Kraken!]] [icon=Freya size=50]
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » November 1, 2017 1:05pm | Report
BenskyGaming wrote:
Just one thing to note: Chosing the right god for the comp is not an option during this challenge - it's one god and one god only, whatever the comp might be :)

I understand that, Ben, but you should have either picked jungle or a different game mode in which to play Artio. She's really good in Clash and Joust and as either a jungler or solo in Conquest, but she falls short as the primary tank in any mode.

Quoted:
Tower diving will always be me my kryptonite - I am a simple man: seeing someone with low health, going in for the kill, no matter what hahahah

And that's why your teammates were getting salty. Son't dive for kills unless you're sure you can get out safely. :P

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » November 1, 2017 2:24pm | Report
Allright. Will try on the next post.
Picking one god and go in depth could be fun - will keep that in mind.

@Gulf - I know I know (the tower diving rule).... but you know, the heat of the moment... cut me some slack here ;)

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » November 1, 2017 2:38pm | Report
Don't worry. The 1-HP getaway gets me too sometimes. It's just "No way, seriously? That bar is practically empty what'ya mean you still live?!". So frustrating hha.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 1, 2017 2:43pm | Report
BenskyGaming wrote:

@Gulf - I know I know (the tower diving rule).... but you know, the heat of the moment... cut me some slack here ;)

I feel ya, Ben.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }