Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Odin help?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Odin help? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » November 9, 2013 12:02pm | Report
Hey guys, recently I've been playing odin in arena a lot, trying to make a damaging bruiser build and I can't for the life of me get good results, i'm getting to the point where i think he sucks.

My most successful build with him is for the core Items start off with:

Tank greeves,
Deethbringer or Rage next, then the other (which one being first depends on the matchup)

with that as my core starting build I do far better at getting kills and doing damage for the team while still staying a little durable (thanks to putting priority on his 3 for more defense).
but while that's nice and all, it seems dumb in my head ( not dumb as in "Herp Derp go tank n00b" this is only in arena so I wanna play odin bruisery and get kills with him), dumb in the sense that any physical god can rush deathbringer and rage and most likely do far better than a warrior odin, is there some combinations of items i'm not thinking of that truly makes odin shine? or perhaps a deferent ideology with his build i'm not looking into?(lifesteal build or all pen build or some specialized build overall?). I have never played a character who is so hard to build for damage and do well with, and i like to run a mage hades and do rather well with that, so what am I missing?

P.S - hastened fatalis on my damage odin build is pretty kick *** but the success rate is a lil inconsistent.

P.S.S - damage oding seems extremely basic attack oriented from what I gather...

P.S.S.S - please don't come in and say "go tank odin" I have better tanks for that.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aerodramatic » November 9, 2013 1:30pm | Report
Pure damage odin is good. Warrior tabi, executioner, deathbringer, rage core build. The other 2 build what you want (as long as its damage). With a pure damage build you can jump in a 2v1 directly in front of their base and kill one and escape. So its not newbie to go dmg odin :)
Favourite Gods:
Loki, Fenrir, Tyr, Xbalanque
Favourite roles:
Jungle, fed Adc

Aerodramatic

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 9, 2013 1:47pm | Report
For when you play Arena this would be my build (I do not play Arena btw):

Warrior Tabi, Bulwark of Hope, Voidblade (if you got some physical carry on your team) focused voidblade (if you don't), Hide of the Nemean Lion or Sovereignty, The Executioner or Titan's Bane and Deathbringer to finish it off.

You could also use Hide of the Urchin instead of Bulwark of Hope and Hide of the Nemean Lion if you are feeling like you can get away with it.

The important thing to keep in mind when making a bruiser build is that you can take a good deal of damage (so health and protections) and still be able to deal damage (so penetration and physical power).

That's how I would build at least ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » November 9, 2013 4:20pm | Report

For when you play Arena this would be my build (I do not play Arena btw):

Warrior Tabi, Bulwark of Hope, Voidblade (if you got some physical carry on your team) focused voidblade (if you don't), Hide of the Nemean Lion or Sovereignty, The Executioner or Titan's Bane and Deathbringer to finish it off.

You could also use Hide of the Urchin instead of Bulwark of Hope and Hide of the Nemean Lion if you are feeling like you can get away with it.

The important thing to keep in mind when making a bruiser build is that you can take a good deal of damage (so health and protections) and still be able to deal damage (so penetration and physical power).

That's how I would build at least ;)

as far as the typical bruiser goes, i simply do no damage with that =( mentality of build, I hit like a wet noodle, and its not that your build is bad, its that odin doesn't have gimmicks to help his damage like Thor's passive giving him lots of power or tyr's assault stance or defense stance, or even sun wukongs passive. All warriors have something to help their damage but odin has nothing like that, hence why i don't think that this kind of build would work out (also through experience, it just doesn't work as well as it looks.

As for what Aero said, i havent tried executioner first, perhaps I'll give it a go.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 13, 2013 8:08pm | Report
Don't take anything as I am saying as if its the best choice.

I haven't touched odin alot but used to play him somewhat before he got remodeled and I ASSUME he is still played the same way from even back then. I probably need to play some odin now that I think about it.

But it used to be the best way to play odin was more damage bruiser type.

meaning you start off with the warrior tabi pen boots and DON'T go defense boots.

It used to be that odin is kind of useless with no damage, he has no CC so whats the point of being a real tank if you catch what I am saying other than soak up damage.
If you build him damage at least when you capture people in a cage you can kill them off unlike most the time when hes tank.

HEY! Its hard enough to kill juking bastards in his cage even with high damage let alone no damage and having to catch them in the chicken cage, its almost guaranteed no kill if you are tanky with not much damage.

Now I'm not sure how the pros play him but I used to build some crit on him and frostbound hammer used to pwn people in his chicken cage.

I used to have the crit and frost bound hammer so when I attack in the cage they are Fd harder than any odin around.

I don't play odin but I would assume its better to go DPS with some bruiserness than it is to go tanky unless you have no tank.

I would guess a solid build looks something like this, well this is what I would try.
- Warrior Tabi Pen boots
- FrostBound Hammer (if you use creeping curse you may not need this as much)
- FocusVoidBlade (I am greedy my team don't need a void blade I don't wanna rely on them)
- Malice, you already have an attack speed buff skill so you don't need rage much
- Bulwark of hope, pretty standard item that lets you live on low hp mostly why its used.
- Mystical Mark, I think it could be good since you would have frostbound hammer + your ult puts you close and your slow should keep you close to them almost always.

I would guess a build like that would be optimal
Got a decent amount of pen
Got some crit
Should have enough def to take physical damage and should have a SOME protection from magical
FrostBound hammer to make your job easier

Creeping Curse - for your ult
If you don't want frost bound hammer you can get creeping curse and replace frostbound hammer with something else.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 15, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Aero is kinda right, bruiser odin was great and op once, but now it's simply not what it was like back in the days.
So I highly recommend going full damage passive odin or full tank.
And what I mean by " passive " is basically that you wanna buy stuff that helps your team, 2nd voidblade for example, since you can't always stay in the front line as a full damage odin.

And well, full tank is your standard stuff, you could buy a frostbound tho
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 12, 2014 9:03am | Report
Odin build:

- mark of vanguard (later replace with hide of urchin)
- warrior tabi
- focused void blade
- joutunn's wrath
- stone of gaia
- rage
- mystical mark
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }