Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jungle Mercury Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Jungle Mercury Build 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Which Build?
Build 1
Build 2
Build 3
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Razorblade0009 » December 16, 2013 11:12pm | Report
Hello SmiteFire. I have a question that I hope you can answer. I have three Builds in mind for my Jungle Mercury and would like to get some opinions on the matter.

Build 1:
Heartseeker, Golden Bow, Warrior's Tabi, Asi, Executioner, DeathBringer.

Stats*: Physical Power; 205, Attack Speed; 2.07, Penetration; 30, Life Steal; 15, Crit Chance; 30

Build 2:
Heartseeker, Golden Bow, Qin's Sais, Warrior's Tabi, DeathBringer, Malice

Stats: Physical Power; 235, Attack speed; 1.91, Penetration; 15, Life Steal; 15, Crit Chance; 70

Build 3:
Heartseeker, Warrior's Tabi, Qin's Sais, Executioner, DeathBringer, Malice.

Stats: Physical power; 226, Attack speed; 2.11, Penetration; 15, Life Steal; 15, Crit Change; 60

*Refers to stats before any stacks, abilities, or buffs of any kind.

Build 1 is my current build and I have seen a fair amount of success with it. Build 3 is probably my least favorite as the attack speed on all 3 builds gets capped with Mercury's Maximum Velocity thus making it redundant. Build 2's stats are the most impressive in my opinion, but it lacks penetration which I feel is needed.

Also, would it be wise to sell my Tabi late game or just not pick them up at all in favor of something like Titan's Bane?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

Razorblade0009

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 17, 2013 2:09am | Report
Build 3 and switch executioner out for hasted fatalis, and build malice first.

Goldenbow merc got nerfed a while back and is not worth it anymore. Asi gets out shined by qin's, devo gloves and bloodforge.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 17, 2013 2:53am | Report
Get Malice after Warrior Tabi, your dps will go through the roof ;)

I myself like Bloodforge over Qin's Sais, but that is just up to yourself really. The reason I like Bloodforge is that I build Hastened Fatalis (most of the time after Malice).

The Executioner is a good item for sure, but Titan's Bane will up your damage with Made You Look and give you more burst damage. But to be able to pick up Titan's Bane you need Hastened Fatalis or Qin's Sais.

When it comes to skipping boots I wouldn't recommend it, because movement speed is kind of what makes you so dangerous. You could sell them lategame, seen a few ppl do that but it never ends well :P

So I would say #3 is the best one if you switch out either The Executioner with Titan's Bane or Qin's Sais with Bloodforge :)

This is how I build:

Warrior Tabi--> Malice/ Heartseeker--> Hastened Fatalis--> Titan's Bane/ Deathbringer/ Bloodforge (If i do not pick up Heartseeker I usually finish with a Golden Bow just because it is still really good in teamfights, although you cant chunk someone from 100-0 with the help of a minion wave anymore) :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 17, 2013 7:13am | Report
I never build Malice on anyone, is the 10% base crit chance difference really that much over Rage?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 17, 2013 7:23am | Report
Yes, Ghraf, Yes it is.
Malice, stastically, is much better DPS than Rage when combined with Deathbringer. Rage is better if you don't have deathbringer, but if you're a class that's building Rage, you ARE building deathbringer.

Someone did the math, but I don't have the link readily available, hopefully you can take my word on it.

Personally, build 3 is the best. Executioner could be swapped for Fatalis (or Hastened Fatalis, entirely dependent on how mobile they are.) Sadly this means there's no armor pen, but hey, you do enough damage to simply not care.

Golden Bow used to be in every one of my merc builds, but after the 'nerf' (which was actually them fixing a bug, by the way), it's simply not got enough damage for it to matter. Sure, I love making my Made You Look actually do damage, but at the end of the day, you're a basic attacker, not a caster.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Razorblade0009 » December 17, 2013 11:04am | Report
Fatalis on any of these builds is overkill. With Maximum Velocity Merc's attack speed caps out with every one of these builds. I do not see how Fatalis is going to help all that much.

Maybe I will cut Golden Bow out, but the poke on several enemies when you land a crit on it is very nice. Since that patch it's usefulness has definitely dropped considerably.

And I was thinking the same way Raventhor was. With this kind of damage and attack speed I think I can stand the loss of some penetration.

Thank you all for your input. Feel free to keep the discussion going, maybe someone can defend Fatalis.

Razorblade0009

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 17, 2013 11:16am | Report
Hasted fatalis. even capping it out its such a good item it does not mather because it is so good.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 17, 2013 11:43am | Report
Penetration is basically the second most important stat for an assassin (jungler), after pure power.

That is why I would build Hastened Fatalis, because then you can get Titan's Bane instead of The Executioner and Bloodforge instead of Qin's Sais. Which will give you a higher dps, especially vs tanks and towers. Squishy gods are dead in 2-3 hits anyways :P

So my reasons for getting Hastened Fatalis:

No one can get away from you unless they jump (then you use Special Delivery and kill them) or if they got stuns/slows etc.

You can pick up Titan's Bane and destroy towers in 2 seconds (and tanks).

You can get Bloodforge witch will give you more physical power, so more burst damage to kill the enemy carries.

If you get it straight after Malice/ Rage (as your 3rd item, so no HS), your dps vs squishy gods is INSANE.

It is cheap, so you don't rely on getting super fed in the start.

Warrior Tabi--> Malice/ Rage--> Hastened Fatalis--> Titan's Bane oh my god that is some crazy mid game dps :P

And with the the defense rests it case, and leave it in the hands of the jury to decide :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }