Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Isis Support Tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Isis Support Tank 12 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

What was your first thought when you saw the title of this thread?
Along the lines of "WTF"
Along the lines of "Wow, that could actually work"
Somewhere in between
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » February 8, 2014 6:16am | Report
I forsee the "WTF" option winning the poll.

The more I think about this, the more confident I am about it. In fact, I see her support tank playstyle being extremely similar to Sun Wukong's support tank playstyle, to the point where any questions you ask about Eset support tank, you're essentially asking the same question about Sun Wukong support tank, from "She has a lack of initiation" to "her 1 only does damage" to "she's more viable in other places ( Sun Wukong is more viable as a bruiser. He's still a popular support tank)".

So. What are your opinions?

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » February 8, 2014 7:10am | Report
I don't think she is viable as a support tank, but as a support Mage. I really want her to get popular because it would increase the diversity among supports beside kill lanes (tanks), and sustain lanes (healing mages). Which are literally the only two common types of support.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 8, 2014 9:23am | Report
This might work. All of Isis' CC doesn't depend on power, she has fairly short cooldowns, lots of peeling and debuffs, and a teamfight oriented ultimate. I can see this happening.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » February 8, 2014 9:30am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This might work. All of Isis' CC doesn't depend on power, she has fairly short cooldowns, lots of peeling and debuffs, and a teamfight oriented ultimate. I can see this happening.

...and she can be great for a kill lane, for trying to get the enemy low enough, then have a ranged initiation good enough to secure the kill.

In fact, her mage stat progression also helps: more mp5 and mana instead of protections.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » February 8, 2014 9:40am | Report
That was the idea behind Eset. Aphrodite and Ra were the only Support Mages( if I recall correctly), back in those days. She was made to be a Support.

But a Support Tank? No. She is squishy, no way I can see her tanking the enemy team. A Support Mage? Building Auras and Regeneration? Yes!

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 8, 2014 9:58am | Report
Support mages don't exist, because A. No one with any CC has any incentive to build power, and B. This game is stacked around CC. That is why every single support mage had healing, because HiRez doesn't know how to design a support. And now thanks to the existence of watcher's Gift and Midas Boots, squishy supports are dead.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 8, 2014 11:51am | Report
I've played with Isis support a few times in scrims and stuff just for fun, so I can say that it is doable but why would you do it when you can have a Sobek or Athena support? :P

Or anything else for that matter, like Hades is even better :)

But you do need a tanky solo or jungle to be able to keep up in teamfights.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 10, 2014 1:57am | Report
Already done this. Get on my level scrub!
It works pretty well, but sadly like most non tank supports ( Aphrodite, Hel) there is no reason to ever do it since Sobek and Athena. Thankfully Eset is a great pick for solo or mid since she has great farming, can snowball well, can shake of ganks and is great in teamfights.

I find damagesupporthybrid Eset and kindatankymax3before2formorecc Eset to be the best ways to build her.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » February 10, 2014 7:34am | Report
no no no, I mean FULL tank, like, Midas Boots/ Sovereignty/ Hide of the Urchin/Magi's Blessing/ Bulwark of Hope/situational.

I see her as a magical version of Sun Wukong when it comes to support tank. And since my 72 Transformations is magically stuck on normal casting, even when I set the ability to instant casting, I would definitely go Eset over Sun Wukong.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 10, 2014 8:48am | Report
Full tank is a no go IMO :P

She just does not have what it takes to protect your team.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }