Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Isis Support Tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Isis Support Tank 12 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

What was your first thought when you saw the title of this thread?
Along the lines of "WTF"
Along the lines of "Wow, that could actually work"
Somewhere in between
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 10, 2014 9:00am | Report
I find she's less viable as a tank than Sun Wukong.

She has a stun for CC, that's it. She has a silence, but it's heavily annoying to land, and isn't a large enough radius to matter on a team. Her ult is good utility, but that utility scales with MP, reinforcing a mage playstyle. She has no decent AoE CC, which a tank needs...the best she has is zoning, which is better when it's actually a threat as a mage. If you build her tank, I will walk straight through the ult without fear. It's decent damage, but not enough. Finally, she has no reason to be in melee range, which a tank needs...she doesn't do anything. She'll just end up dying.

Sun Wukong, on the other hand, has much more to offer apart from Isis. Yes, their first ability might as well be the same. But let's compare the others. His Transformations is where he SHINES. He either has a lockdown on a single target (lane pressure), or a knockup on several targets. Note the several. And the Ox is MUCH easier to land than the cat, with how it turns. After this knockup, he can immediately 'whirlwind' for more knockup on enemies. Again, this is AoE. His ult doesn't provide utility compared to Isis, but it ensures a nearly unpunishable initiate. He does all this, ults to regain some health and reset his cooldowns, then chooses ANYWHERE to re-initiate, followed by his combo AGAIN. Finally, he IS melee, has a reason to be in their face (his auto attacks will actually hurt), and can body block much easier with his naturally higher movement speed than Isis (ignoring her first ability, but you can choose to unignore it if you're using it SOLELY for repositioning).

The only downside, is there are more Magic Power tank items (Ethereal Staff, Voidstone, Telkhine's Ring {Don't bash it}) than there are Physical Power tank items (Basically, Voidblade and Shield). This yields less versatility as far as build paths go for Sun Wukong vs Isis. However, the BEST tank items are universal, so that's nearly a non-factor.

In the end, every tank needs decent, reliable AoE cc. You miss a ball as Isis, you're done. No peels for your carry, no initiate, nothing. With Isis, you don't even HAVE initiate. With a melee (be it Wukong, or a conventional one like Sobek or Ymir), you DO have initiate, you have presence, you have reliable, easy, AoE cc, and you have built in tankiness.

Tank Isis CAN work, but it will never, ever be as strong or logical as others, in my opinion. She can work as a support role loosely, relying on her passive and natural harass to force them out of lane, but she won't be a tank.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 11, 2014 2:41am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

no no no, I mean FULL tank.

Well that's what I get for reading comments half ***ed. I have never tried FULL tank Eset, but I don't think it will be worth it. I don't really think it will help her with her squishy situation and even if it dose she was not meant to tank like bruisers like Sun Wukong or Guan Yu. If there is anything that would be worth sacrificing damage for its CD, you know what they say "The best defense is a good offence".

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }