Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fenrir as a bruiser

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Fenrir as a bruiser 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 6, 2014 3:08pm | Report
I can tell you, without a shadow of doubt, that Bruiser Fenrir is the right way to play Fenrir. I've all the reasons for that, and why he shouldn't be played as a straight assassin, such as Loki or Thanatos.

Fenrir's damage falls of A LOT late game, also Fenrir must get close to deal his damage ( Brutalize). Plus, he gets protections from his ultimate, Ragnarok. That screams bruiser.

I've a guide for Fenrir, the most popular on this site. I recommend you giving it a look, but it's quite old. I'm working on the changes, since I'm interested on playing Fenrir again.

Sadly, Thanatos cannot be played as a Bruiser, I suppose. He is made for killing.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 6, 2014 3:14pm | Report
I don't know about Transcendence Fenrir doesn't burn through that much mana and what's the amount of power he gains off the passive?

Hydra's Lament is also not a good item especially given the nerfs that hit it recently. Right now it's only 50% of your base power which is incredibly weak. I'd much rather go for straight up pen. from Titan's especially since focused is gone.

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 6, 2014 3:36pm | Report
Asians, it's not 50% base power. It's 50% total power. It's better than before.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 6, 2014 3:44pm | Report
Oh whoops did not notice that. Cool I might dump Voidblade then if I need the extra power. In it's current state it's a really meh item. Aura is negligible and expensive for it's stats.

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 6, 2014 3:52pm | Report
Fenrir bruiser can work, especially with Rage. Deathbringer isn't really necessary.

Early game, you go pure assassin, but late game, you build some protections. Rage is there to boost your lifesteal. That lifesteal is what makes this work; healing is always more efficient on a god with protections.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » March 6, 2014 4:35pm | Report
My Fenrir Bruiser build went:

Ninja Tabi

Jotunn's Wrath

Hide of the Urchin

focused voidblade im sad its gone now I got to think about what to replace it with something else might try Rage like Subzero mentioned or even the new Malice

eye of retaliation or I swap it with magi's blessing if Brutalize is constantly being interrupted buy cc or the enemy team is cc heavy in general.

Titan's Bane

im hoping that Hi-rez will bring the focused void items back with the next big patch as new items with similar stats!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » March 6, 2014 10:54pm | Report
Thanks for the advices! I'm taking it into consideration.

Any other assassin bruisers?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 6, 2014 11:07pm | Report
I heard Thanatos works as a bruiser, although he's better as an assassin imho.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » March 9, 2014 8:18pm | Report
the only other one I can think of is Thor as he was originally a bruiser!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dasBurges » March 10, 2014 10:20pm | Report
I had success with Thanatos in assault building Hide of the Urchin,Ninja Tabi, and a ton of lifesteal. Lategame, I 1v4'd the enemy team (all at 20 with full builds) and took the titan. Sadly I don't think it would work without Eye of Retaliation as a lifesteal item. And it was ***aul,t so... Ton of fun though! Also, how do you make the items into links?

dasBurges

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }