Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fenrir as a bruiser

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Fenrir as a bruiser 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » March 6, 2014 6:15am | Report
Hey Folks!

I played a lot of brusier lately, prefered Guan Yu and Odin in Arena. I'm having problems with Assassins in general, so I wanted to ask if Fenrir is viable as a bruiser in Arena. And if yes, what items would you build him.

Also: Are there other assassins that can be played as a bruiser and still perform well? (Especially: is Thanatos viable? Can't play him at all :D)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 6, 2014 8:44am | Report
I have heard of Fenrir using a bruiser build and I don't play fenrir much so I don't know any builds. And I've never heard of a bruiser Thanatos.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » March 6, 2014 9:14am | Report
Strikerjacob wrote:

I have heard of Fenrir using a bruiser build and I don't play fenrir much so I don't know any builds. And I've never heard of a bruiser Thanatos.

I heard that Bruiser Fenrir is viable in Conquest, but not sure of this. Thanatos will probably bs as a bruiser :D

Any more comments?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 6, 2014 9:17am | Report
... is this a real question?

fenrir is an early/mid game assassin that is build like a bruiser. thanatos is an early/mid game (late game if fed) assassin that is build around being an assassin. this has been asteblished for a very long time.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » March 6, 2014 11:20am | Report
All4Games wrote:

... is this a real question?

fenrir is an early/mid game assassin that is build like a bruiser. thanatos is an early/mid game (late game if fed) assassin that is build around being an assassin. this has been asteblished for a very long time.

As I said, I don't know anything about assassins, except that they do damage^^ And I never played vs a bruiser Fenrir.

May I ask what items would be good on him?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 12:05pm | Report
Vaeldyn wrote:

As I said, I don't know anything about assassins, except that they do damage^^ And I never played vs a bruiser Fenrir.

May I ask what items would be good on him?

I would assume bruiser items. Like voidblade, eye of retaliation, etc...

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 6, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Happy to give you the build I'm using.

Warrior Tabi, Voidblade(RIP Focused), Frostbound Hammer, Jotunn's Wrath,Eye of Retaliation*, and a situational.

Titan's Bane if people aren't quite dieing fast enough, Runic Shield if you have a burst mage blowing you to bits, Magi's Blessing for hard cc, and the Brawler's Cudgel isn't half bad for beating down healers. Although this item should only be built if you have nothing else and i mean really nothing else.

Actives: Purification Beads(no brainer), Heavenly Agility and Weakening Curse

*This isn't the right Eye O_o update someone?
*Edit: Yay my first experiment with BB coding is a success :D
How sad i can be so happy about putting a few words between 4 brackets :P

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by asianslikepie » March 6, 2014 12:30pm | Report
Where'd you get the idea that Thanatos could go bruiser anyways? That's as much sense as Hel going tank. He has one of the lowest life totals (2nd lowest right?), low defense and health growth and on top of it all eats his own health to use abilities.......

Keep in mind also that Thanatos eats a % of his health. Increasing your health total with items will not help you. Increase it by 100, use your 1st ability Thana will eat his own health by 10 more.

asianslikepie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 6, 2014 1:22pm | Report
For bruiser Fenrir I usually build Warrior Tabi; Jotunn's Wrath; Voidblade; Transcendence; Runic Shield; Hydra's Lament.

Why Transcendence? Because I mainly play Fenrir as a caster, and late-game he can burn mana.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 6, 2014 2:04pm | Report
There was a really famous bruiser fenrir build somewhere on this site before.

Basically
Ninja Tabi
Jotunn's Wrath
Voidblade
Ankh of the Golem/Bear/Whatever
Bulwark of Hope
Deathbringer/ Frostbound Hammer/ Qin's Sais depending on situation
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }