Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares | Damage Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ares | Damage Build 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 7, 2014 7:38am | Report
hey there. As yuou all know, Ares, the god of war is considered a "Guaridan", AKA tank in smite, but we all know that, much like Hades he is more of a Magical Bruiser then a support tank. Yes, he is kind of beefy, but he just doesn't hold the quallities of the real Guardians; Athena, Ymir, Sobek and Bacchus.

While Ares is far from squishy, he can also deal quite some damage. his Shackles and Searing Flesh combo can melt players.

So, I've been thinking, much like there are many damage builds for Hades, how come we've never seen a damage build for Ares? I mean, we've even seen Ymir damage build as "Polymir".

I'd imagine it would consist of these items:
Shoes of the Magi
Pythagorem's Piece
Void Stone
Rod of Tahuti

And maybe more items:
Rod of Asclepius for the passive donation from the aura plus the aura itself to support team mates and your lifesteal.
Spear of the Magus as Ares has many ticks on hois Shackles and Searing Flesh
Maybe even Gem of Isolation although I think it's not really worth it, you have a slow from your Shackles.
Polynomicon could be a choice too, just to add more burst. But, as Ares is melee, it might not fit.

Tell me, what are your thoughts?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 7, 2014 7:41am | Report
i have done it when there was a guan yu ares GMOTD and it is possible but not recomended.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » January 7, 2014 1:24pm | Report
Whenever I run Mage Ares, I always get these items:
Shoes of the Magi
Chronos' Pendant
Void Stone
mystical mark
Pythagorem's Piece
witch stone

Going full Mage isn't the best idea because since he is a close range god, he'll be plunging into danger. Having a few defensive items would be the better alternative, especially since he gets focused rather hard when using his ult.

I include CDR so I can use my Shackles more often due to Ares' natural tankyness allowing him to stay in the fight more.

I include aura items for obvious reasons.

Witch stone is usually a maybe for me; if my team is rather squishy, I go with Sovereignty instead.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 8, 2014 4:52am | Report
Bruiser Ares is the only viable Ares imho, however still not-so-viable considering superior picks.

You defnitely want Sovereignty and Bulwark of Hope and maybe more considering what you're facing off with. With this I'd suggest some Cooldown Reduction - if you miss your Shackles you miss your damage output. After that it's just throwing in whatever magic item you like, aura items should have preference considering your team-fight based kit.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Grimskull » January 18, 2014 4:47am | Report
Depends on arena or conquest:

Arena: CDR boots, Sovereignty, Pestilence, Focused Voidstone, Witch stone, Mystical Mark. Full Aura build is more than enough damage to completely destroy people with your 1-3 combo. You're still tanky while dishing out serious damage.
Check out my Bacchus guide:

Check out my BB coding skills

Grimskull

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 18, 2014 5:00am | Report
Grimskull wrote:

Depends on arena or conquest:

Arena: CDR boots, Sovereignty, Pestilence, Focused Voidstone, Witch stone, Mystical Mark. Full Aura build is more than enough damage to completely destroy people with your 1-3 combo. You're still tanky while dishing out serious damage.

Focused Void Stone is not a aura though :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }