Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

all stat caps.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » all stat caps. 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 21, 2014 3:19am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

You can cap physical lifesteal pretty easily with the right build/buffs/procs, and magic power is fairly easy to cap, even regularly over cap with Ao Kuang.

Keep in mind that the cap just takes items in consideration, so Ao does not cap. He gets more than 900 magical power that is true, but that is from his passive and other buffs etc like FG and red buff ;)

I'm also not sure if item passives is capped either, so stuff like the passive from Book of Thoth etc.

Life steal can be capped yes, but 100% life steal is kind of not a cap IMO :P
You would pretty much get all the life steal items, which just isn't a good idea haha
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 21, 2014 2:37pm | Report

Keep in mind that the cap just takes items in consideration, so Ao does not cap. He gets more than 900 magical power that is true, but that is from his passive and other buffs etc like FG and red buff ;)

I'm also not sure if item passives is capped either, so stuff like the passive from Book of Thoth etc.

Life steal can be capped yes, but 100% life steal is kind of not a cap IMO :P
You would pretty much get all the life steal items, which just isn't a good idea haha

He does cap. I've had over 1200 magical power on Ao Kuang. And it does effect his abilities, for some reason. It's hilarious hitting someone with a poly at 1000+ magical power, also.

And yes, the passive on Book of Thoth will show as stats correctly, just like Ao Kuang's passive. All stats, regardless of their source are shown.

You can get lifesteal to 95% with Devourer's Gloves, Bloodforge, and Asi with all the item procs up or even higher with skills like Seething Howl. In which case, it's overcapped, but you only get 100% return.

FWIW, this is in jungle practice without any buffs using only the stacks on items regularly taken on a leveled Ao Kuang:

With all buffs (both damage pots, red buff), including FG, he has over 1400 magical power, and Polynomicon procs are doing over 1400 damage which is completely insane.

Also, look at that health and mana.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 21, 2014 3:49pm | Report
You can get 100 easy on lifesteal, just stack the gloves and get all the other stuff. But you would get more life stolen by building damage and some life steal :)

That with Ao, wasn't that exactly what I said? xD

The cap, as you can see says "items". So you can not go above 900 from items, and I do not think it counts item passives as "items" so that is why you can easily get over 1k with Ao (and other mages as well).

Ra lvl 20:
No stacks:

With stacks:

Not sure why the cap is for items only but shows the magical power for buffs, leveling etc. a bit miss leading to say the least.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 21, 2014 6:50pm | Report
I just read it as "magical power", because even without items there's still the base amount in there. No idea why it says "magical items" rather than "magical power", and I'm thinking it used to say magical power in the first place. Somebody messed up.

And if you're saying that no god can cap a stat without items and passive, then obviously. If they could then items wouldn't even need to be in the game.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 21, 2014 8:21pm | Report
Wait, so based on what you said, Ghraf, Polynomicon just works on current magical power, and the magic power cap doesn't affect it?

Because on a 900 MP cap Ao Kuang, the polynomicon should be doing that 900, not the 1400 past the cap.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 21, 2014 11:36pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Wait, so based on what you said, Ghraf, Polynomicon just works on current magical power, and the magic power cap doesn't affect it?

Because on a 900 MP cap Ao Kuang, the polynomicon should be doing that 900, not the 1400 past the cap.

Yes, the cap does not effect it. I was hitting 1400 damage with the proc on furies and regular minions. I don't think it follows the caps, but rather absolute values.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 21, 2014 11:47pm | Report
Hmm...I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing, but I'm thinking if the enemy has 1400 MP, it's a bad thing with how quickly you can be nuked...
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 22, 2014 5:17am | Report
Like I have been trying to say, the cap is for magical power from items, not from passives, buffs etc.

It is impossible to reach the cap from items only, so basically there is no cap.

No idea why the magical power from passives and buffs are showed in the stat window though..

Ghraf wrote:

And if you're saying that no god can cap a stat without items and passive, then obviously. If they could then items wouldn't even need to be in the game.

I have no idea what you are talking about to be honest, but a cap is a upper limit that you can not go over. So the magical power cap (from items) is 900 (not sure if it takes item passives in consideration), and it does not count god passives, buffs or magical power gained from leveling up (but for some reason it shows all magical power on the bar).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 22, 2014 3:38pm | Report

I have no idea what you are talking about to be honest, but a cap is a upper limit that you can not go over. So the magical power cap (from items) is 900 (not sure if it takes item passives in consideration), and it does not count god passives, buffs or magical power gained from leveling up (but for some reason it shows all magical power on the bar).

You are very confusing. I am not stupid, I know what the word "cap" means.

Like I said, the "Magical Items" bar shows just regular Magical Power, with everything factored in. The bar is mislabeled. It is a typo or something. So, we're just repeating each other.

And I know for a fact that passives and buffs are not factored into the cap, but are factored into the total. This is why they work at all, because if they had the cap, then it would be pointless to get buffs that increase your magic power. So skills and basic attacks will hit harder, regardless of the cap.

I'm assuming the 900 cap is simply raw item magic power, however the bar shows your actual magic power, altogether.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 22, 2014 6:32pm | Report
Yes now we are finally agreeing xD

Would be nice to know how the cap is supposed to work, from hi rez themselves. :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }